Tetreault is offline New Member

Very newb-like questions concerning first time cycle.

Ive bene working out heavily for about a year. I never got into bodybuilding, but mostly have done it to improve my overall strength. As an added bonus, ive started to look better, of course, but mostly becuase what I started with was totally crap. During my wife's pregnancy, I ate whatever I wanted, and was lazy. I gained 20 lbs of pure fat in 9 months. It doesnt sound like much to me, but the gain was definately noticeable. I am 6' even, 165(then was 185-188), and have relatively low body fat percentage. I have alwasy been kind of lanky, and I wanted to change that. I just wanted to introduce myself, and give a small background first since i see alot of newbies asking questions but never giving a background to aid in giving a solid answer.

Anyway, I got into "working out" to just overall get in better shape, but then enjoyed it enough to get involved in it, and started to pursue powerlifting a bit. After 6 months of lifiting, my bench was at 275(with a shirt, non-denim, some kind of nylon poly blend I think? Ill haver to check, i dont use it much, i borrowed it from someone.), and 225x2 raw. My deadlfit was at 405 lbs, and my sqaut was at 355. My progress had been great. I had to take a month off becuase I have a minor surugery on my back. Nothing special. It was a mole they thought to be melinoma(sp?). It was nothing.
    Now I want to continue to build muscle but put some size on. I drink 1 or 2 protien shakes a day, I eat between 4-6 big meals a day with small snacks of tuna, or light turkey bagels or something of the like. I cant BUDGE off of 165. The guy I work with, well actually, he trains me so to speak, is a huge guy. Hes been working out and powerlifting for YEARS, and hasnt steered me wrong. Ive learned alot from him. He told me that if there was anythign I should try, it was testosterone . There are other anabolics, and he did tell me that there were different types, but didnt explain what they were or what they do. Im trying to learn as I go, btu I want to make sure that when I starts, adn i am going to start a cycle, that I get info first. From what i have seen from others guys in the gym, they do a small amoutn of test in 1cc injections once a week for 6 weeks on(some do 10 weeks on) and 6 weeks off(10weeks off). They show big size gains(to me of course) and they dont lose hardly any of thier weight. Some of the guys in there dont show big gains, but they guys like me who are startign to do it show ots of progress strength wise,a nd size wise. When they get off, they diest good, and do more running and other cardio,. and look ripped in like 6 weeks after. Im trying to duplicate this.
    However, there are some concerns I have. I have read over and over again that when doing test, that your body shuts down(or slows severely) the natural test production. Im not concerned about this. My libido is plenty healthy and im sure my wife wouldnt mind a break from me hitting the door coming home from work with an unstoppable urge to do the dirty-lol. However, I plan to do two cycles, reap the benefits and try to do the rest of my goal natural. I only want to get to around 185-190 with a good build and alot more strength. Most of the guys who do it there tell me that they have retained almost all of thier weight even after being off the gear.

My main concerns, now moving on to the point, is that i dont want to stop test production naturally. I see alot of cycles on here that include ALOT more than I want to take. Im wondering, for those with experience, will my low dose cycle have the same effects? Will I still have a problem getting my test production back to normal after I stop. I only plan to use this for 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off. 2 cycles total. After that ill be done.
    Hopefully

-Josh

Also to add a question--
    If I wanted to add an oral, what would be a good one to choose?
    I read that something called d-bol is supposed to have good gains in size and strength and you dont lose much of it when coming off? Also something about anadrol ?

-Josh

first off you gotta research on PCTs. that will elevate your hormone levels when you come off gear and also help in the process of keeping your gains but diet is the #1 way of keeping gains. now yes you can add an oral like anabol(d-bol) or anadrol . IMHO you need to keep training hard and eat the right foods to gain some more weight b/c 165 is kinda low. hope i was of some help

Thanks.

I was actually 185 when I started, and lost it becuase of hwo I was working out. i really catn put on more wieght. Ive done everything from wieght gainers with my protein shakes, and I eat all the tiem. i dont mean just eating junk, i mean eating healthy good food. Lots of protein, moderate fat, and high carbs.
    Oh btw--im 24. I should be done growing by now. Ill be 25 in a few months.
    I dont think Im gonna get much bigger naturally unless I just put on weight by eating fatty foods, and thats not the route I want to take. It seems like that would put me starting with a crappy base.

I looked into the pct's, but what im trying to avoid is the need for them. With only 1cc per week for only 6 weeks,will the effects on my spermcount, test, and libido be that bad? I want to try to minimize the side effects as much as possible. of course, im sure thats how most people are, so i know im not alone there, and i know its not an easy thing to do.

My diet, i have that under control i believe.

-josh

pct should be considered for every cycle. like i said before it stabilizes hormone levels and it is good in retaining the gains you got from being on. what exactly are you trying to run for a cycle? just some test or a an oral and test?

Yes. I have seen quite a few people using cycles where they are taking mulitple(3 and 4) different thigns at once. im trying not to do that. I want to get going with only test and *possibly* an oral to go with it. If I choose not to use an oral and go with the test only, will 1cc really have enough of an impact on my sex drive and natural test production as to need a pct though?

-Josh

i dont plan on running just a test only cycle so really couldnt tell you the truth, when i researched i only looked at what would be needed for my cycle which is going to cosist of drol and test. i believe you still have to from what others have stated in threads about just test only cycles. why are you so against a pct?

123BJ is offline Associate Member
    id get away from ur 6 week theory...reme,ber test kicks in around week 4, so running it for 6 weeks would be pointless.... ...... unles u want to shoot ed or eod with test prop...... .. but as a first cycle i would plan on using tets enanthate .....and dbol would be used to kick start the cycle, it is used up to week 4 because that is when the test would start to work.....

wks 1-4 dbol... 30 mg ed
    1-10 test e 500mg. 250 mg every mon and thurs

and proper pct of course..... pct needed 100%.. unless u dont want to keep gains and have ur system all out of wack for a while??
    Last edited by 123BJ; 08-18-2006 at 02:11 PM.

Thread Information