guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test

Are aminos less essential with only steroids ?

I was reading a bit and according to clinical studies, testosterone does not increase tissue amino acid transport.

Does this mean the supplementation of amino acids is less essential when only using steroids (Not IGF-1 or HGH or insulin ) ?

Would IGF-1 or HGH help with this ?

Does this mean that your natural rate of amino acid transport is completely unnaffected by steroid use or is there possibly some indirect effect on it ?

How much of an issue is this when trying to add muscle ?

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Aminos are the building blocks of muscles...they are essential whether you're on the sauce or not.

Quote Originally Posted by shrpskn
    Aminos are the building blocks of muscles...they are required whether your on the sauce or not.

Yes, I understand that. I should have worded it completely differently. My bad.

So what are you trying to say then bro?

Quote Originally Posted by shrpskn
    So what are you trying to say then bro?

Basically, how much of an effect do aminos have on gaining muscle and what DOES increase amino uptake or absorption ?

I have heard aminos are one of the only supplements that are worth using with steroids but what I have read contradicts this.

Well, I'm certainly not an expert on this particular subject, but based on feedback from others and personal experience, supplementation of aminos certainly aides in the growth of muscles whether your on or off.
    I believe there are alot of factors that will increase or inhibit the absorption or synthesis of aminos that you intake. If I'm not mistaken, AAS's actually increase the process in which aminos are utilized in the body. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    If youre talking about supplementing with amino acid tablets, I wouldnt even mess with it. Over priced that is, just use a good protein powder instead.

The_Canibal is offline Member
    Maldorf has a point here, though i use them at night ...when i wake up and swallow 4 tabs...instead of protein ..then i would have to brush my teeth again ..and so on ...

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Canibal
    Maldorf has a point here, though i use them at night ...when i wake up and swallow 4 tabs...instead of protein ..then i would have to brush my teeth again ..and so on ...
    Yeah, they can be more convenient, but those tablets are so much more expensive and offer no more than taking just your protein powder. Now if you take tablets that are just one type of amino acid, such as arginine or glutamine then that might be something to consider. Ive never messed with taking those single aminos with the exception of taurine when Im on clen .

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    Yeah, they can be more convenient, but those tablets are so much more expensive and offer no more than taking just your protein powder.
    Depends... if doing cardio in the AM one would want to have BCAA floating around without stimulating an insulin response. Same if somone were on GH and did not want an isulin spike just prior to sleep.

So they do offer something more than a powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    If youre talking about supplementing with amino acid tablets, I wouldnt even mess with it. Over priced that is, just use a good protein powder instead.
    You're supplementing aminos into your diet whether you're getting them via tablets, protein powder, or any other amino-containing product for that matter.
    Personally, I don't supplement them in tablet or capsule form. I agree, it can be fairly costly, especially when you can get a good source of them from your shakes and the fact that amino acids are also abundantly present in the right foods.
    For example, the shake I'm supplementing with right now offers over 40g of BCAA and essential amino acids per serving.
    So, IMO, if diet and/or supplementation is in check, you should be all set as far as getting a healthy dose goes.

Bottom line is, that if you want to continue to build and/or maintain muscle mass, amino acids are essential in your diet whether you're on or off. How one goes about getting the desired amount or proper intake of them is their business.

-ShrpSkn

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher
    I was reading a bit and according to clinical studies, testosterone does not increase tissue amino acid transport.

Does this mean the supplementation of amino acids is less essential when only using steroids (Not IGF-1 or HGH or insulin ) ?

Does this mean that your natural rate of amino acid transport is completely unnaffected by steroid use or is there possibly some indirect effect on it ?

Good info on aminos, but this was the real question..

timtim is offline Member
    been using 15 to 20 grams aminos pre cardio and pre training. seems to be having a nice impact. aminos are best utilized like macronutrient timing. they have a place when taken at the right time. taking it with food and another protein source like a shake is worthless but prior to cardio and training seems like a good time.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Skullsmasher

thats weird bro. ive read many times that steroids increase protein synthesis.

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Depends... if doing cardio in the AM one would want to have BCAA floating around without stimulating an insulin response. Same if somone were on GH and did not want an isulin spike just prior to sleep.

So they do offer something more than a powder.

i concur.

Thread Information