Hey guys

1. I am not taking any form of steroids right now, just trying to build myself up healthwise to where I should be.

My question is, basically how are steroids so effective at gaining/maintaining weight?
I was borderline (heck, maybe totally) anorexic for the past 3 months while on anabolics at relativley low doses and guess what? I didn't lose a single pound. I weight 175 pounds at 5'10 with fairly lean build, and I was down to maybe 1300 calories TOTAL for the day. And still, I didn't lose anything! My eyes were half open all day with bags, exhausted feeling, but still good strenght in weights. Now that I'm completely off after PCT and everythign I'm finding it difficult NOT to lose weight at 2000 calories per day. My weight just keeps dropping(I know from muscle loss) no matter what. I just don't understand how my anorexia could go so long unnoticed because of the steroids preventing me from losing weight even when I wasn't eating probly half of what I should have been eating. Thank you all.