cuse140 is offline Junior Member

questions about cutting

I've only done bulking cycles in the past, so cutting is new to me.

I would like to run a cycle of test and tren for cutting. My question is, if I keep my calories at or slightly below maintainance, will i loose muscle mass as well as fat, or will those compounds work well to preserve muscle

scribbs12 is offline Member
    im pretty sure that most bbs use aas when cutting to keep most of their muscle or possibly add a little while cutting.. but just wait for someone to 2nd my opinion .. but im pretty sure im right

so a calorie defecit is ok? I shouldnt loose muscle as long as i'm "on", just fat?

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    While cutting the you need to consume less calories than maintainance. You will lose fat and some muscle ***ending on diet, training and how long you cut for. Yea bodybuilders use aas to try to control the muscle loss while cutting.

briancb1 is offline Member
    I just finished the 2nd cutting regement, never used any compounds to cut - I've just kept my diet in check. If I've lost any muscle, I can't really tell honestly. Im weaker in the gym, but im not eating that many carbs so there you go.

Say your an active guy and you burn 2400 calories a day, go down to about 2100-2200 cals a day and start from there. Don't try to lose it all in 1 week, thats how you lose muscle. Just steady and consistant, and no carbs late at night. Try to lose about a 1-1.5lbs a week. When you plataue, just bump up the cardio by another 15minutes per session and take it from there.

Up the water intake!!!

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kaberle_15
    While cutting the you need to consume less calories than maintainance. You will lose fat and some muscle ***ending on diet, training and how long you cut for. Yea bodybuilders use aas to try to control the muscle loss while cutting.
    If lose "some fat and muscle", i would just be a smaller version of what i look like now. If i keep my diet in check, i should loose a considerable amount more fat than muscle....correct? In other words, drop my bf%

Would a High protien, low carb, and moderate fat diet be optimal for cutting, and maintaining muscle?

scribbs12 is offline Member
    when i cut without aas i personally find it better to just "front load" my carbs... i'll eat all my carbs earlier in the day... just some fyi...

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cuse140
    If lose "some fat and muscle", i would just be a smaller version of what i look like now. If i keep my diet in check, i should loose a considerable amount more fat than muscle....correct? In other words, drop my bf%
    Correct, I'm just saying that when cutting by means of diet and/or exercise you will lose muscle mass which is why having your diet in check is extremely important to minimize muscle loss.

Thread Information