2009camaro is offline New Member

Should I get my doctor's help with a cycle?

What exactly can I approach my doctor about in terms of steroids ? If I want to have blood work done and have my levels monitored throughout my cycle, can I tell my doctor that I am doing this because of steroid use ? Are they allowed to say they won't help me for those reasons?

Dobie-BOY is offline Senior Member
    I have told a few docs that I was juicin, usually they are like,"Im sure you know the risks, and your goin to do it anyway". I think VERY FEW would actually refuse to do your blood work.

Is there any protection where they can't try to get you in legal trouble? Like the same kind of protection you are under if you tell like a psychiatrist some illegal stuff or whatever? I might be wrong on that one too. I am a little sketchy on letting my doc know because I spent some time in jail just because a cop THOUGHT I was on drugs. Once my blood results came back clean, I got to go home. (true story- there aren't any hidden details to that one) But I don't want to deal with that again, especially if I really am using something.

GHO5T is offline Senior Member
    I know there is the "doctor patient confidentiality" but man you never know for sure these days. IMO you shouldnt tell your doctor you are using or plan on using AAS, unless you know him very very well and have full trust in him.

The only time IMO someone should tell a doctor they are using AAS is if a certain illness or sudden illness arises, and they dont know what has caused it, this might be a time where you should tell him. Other than that IMO you really shouldnt.

You dont need to tell a doctor your using AAS to get bloodwork done, simply ask for it.

~GHO5T~

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    But insurance might be the issue. You have to have a reason to get blood work done. Insurance isnt going to pay for 3 sets of blood work so you can be safe doing illegal things

I hate to ask this, but what is a good "excuse" to get blood work done and insurance cover it? I don't have any type of health issuses that I could say I want to monitor. Can't I just say "it's my body I want to know what is going on with it?"

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T
    I know there is the "doctor patient confidentiality" but man you never know for sure these days. IMO you shouldnt tell your doctor you are using or plan on using AAS, unless you know him very very well and have full trust in him.

The only time IMO someone should tell a doctor they are using AAS is if a certain illness or sudden illness arises, and they dont know what has caused it, this might be a time where you should tell him. Other than that IMO you really shouldnt.
    I guess I would take the opposite position on this. IMO steroids are major drugs and your doctor needs to know about something like that if you want proper care. People on this board are waaay too paranoid about telling their doctor, I think. Doctors are not cops. They don't want to get you arrested. At worst you'll get a lecture.

Coop77 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    But insurance might be the issue. You have to have a reason to get blood work done. Insurance isnt going to pay for 3 sets of blood work so you can be safe doing illegal things
    Mine did. Doctor ordered tests. Insurance paid. Low testosterone is a valid reason to test it again a few times.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Coop77
    Mine did. Doctor ordered tests. Insurance paid. Low testosterone is a valid reason to test it again a few times.
    Yes because you have something wrong. Low test. If he gets blood work done and everything is normal they aren't going to pay for another work up in 2 months.

lex57 is offline Senior Member
    the first thing is.....how old are you?

Thread Information