SilverToungedDevil is offline Associate Member

I NEED YOU GUYS at figuring this out!!!!

So heres the deal... got finished with a full on AR pct about 1 month ago. Held on to almost all the muscle and def. all the stregnth. finished at 205 with 9% bf.... Anyways, i decided to get shredded for my wedding coming up in november, so i toned back the calories and carbs but kept lifting and started running. initially i lost about 5 lbs off the bat and i was down to 7.5% bf and was stoked.
    well.. now for the last three weeks i have been losing muscle at a tremedous rate. my bf went up to 10% and i lost an addtional 9lbs IN THREE WEEKS!!
    i don't know what the hell is going on as this has never happened to me before. i thought it might be diabetes, hyperactive thyroid, or a parasite, but i'm hoping that someone can explain this in a simpler (less threatening) way.
    any insight would be greatly appreciated. any ideas or personal experiences would also be extremely appreciated. I have talked to nurses, doctors, trainers, etc. with no luck. you guys are my last chance at possibly getting this figured out. THANKS A MILLION BROTHAHS

PS i don't have health insurance so i have been hesitant at going to the doctor to get blood work done.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    what ar product????

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    are you eating enough protein to hold onto your muscles? You really should get blood work done though..go to directlabs.com and you can select the tests you want, pay for it yourself and get the results back ever without seeing a doc

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    How much mass did you put on during your cycle?

First, Coming of PCT and going into a diet before your body adjusts to the new mass is a good way to lose all your gains. (at least in my experience)Not to mention just beacause your done with PCT does not mean you are fully recovered.

Thirdly...losing BF and not losing lean mass is damn near impossible under 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by dupa95
    what ar product????
    anthony roberts pct

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    are you eating enough protein to hold onto your muscles? You really should get blood work done though..go to directlabs.com and you can select the tests you want, pay for it yourself and get the results back ever without seeing a doc
    i'm pretty much strictly eating protien as my main source of calories. about 250 a day avg. do i need to get blood drawn in order for them to check my blood?

Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    How much mass did you put on during your cycle?

First, Coming of PCT and going into a diet before your body adjusts to the new mass is a good way to lose all your gains. (at least in my experience)Not to mention just beacause your done with PCT does not mean you are fully recovered.

Thirdly...losing BF and not losing lean mass is damn near impossible under 10%.
    thats true.. but when i was 190lbs i was down to like 6% (shredded)
    my cycle was cut short by 7 weeks so i really only put on 18lbs. it was my first cycle, but i did A.R.'s pct to perfection, finished and felt great. libido is sky high, strength was still there, no acne, no crash, no anxiety. so i figured i was good to go on a diet. is that not the case? and does it make sense i would lose 10 lbs and be lower than when i started?? in three weeks?

fred9 is offline Member
    this happened once with me when i was really stressed for 2 weeks..lost in really no time 8kg..
    do you have any stress, maybe wedding related?!

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverToungedDevil
    i'm pretty much strictly eating protien as my main source of calories. about 250 a day avg. do i need to get blood drawn in order for them to check my blood?
    no select the tests, print out the stuff and take it to any preferred lab on their site, they will draw your blood..yes you have to get blood drawn in order to get blood work!! haha

JasonR is offline Member
    same thing happens to me when:

1. i eat less than 300g of protein a day
    2. i cut back on the carbs too much. then my workouts suffer and i loose mass.
    3. i go off the juice. lol.

Blimpy is offline Junior Member
    this happened once with me when i was really stressed for 2 weeks..lost in really no time 8kg..
    do you have any stress, maybe wedding related?!
    Extra stress on your nervous system does release cortisol which could play a huge part in your loss of mass

rock75 is offline Senior Member
    All of the above probably played a factor but I would suspect you dropped your cals to quickly; just keeping your grams of protein up is not enough to keep mass you still need carb intake as well.

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    I think you dropped your calories too soon. You may feel good, but you just finished pct and your body may still be in "catabolic mode". Try upping the cals keeping protein high.

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    bro the whole problem is you went to cutting wayyy tooo sooonn!!!... you really needed to keep ur cals and the same workout routien... you should have been eating the amount of maintance cals for the new muscle and weight you put on... that is your whole problem right there if i were you and don't wana loose everything i would up your cals to the amount you would have to eat to maintain your pre-PCT weight (208 i think you had said) and lift heavy.... your whole problem is you dropped cals and tried to cut way too quick... take it as a lesson learned... never do that again my brotha!!!

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member
    and as said above keep protein intake up....

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    no select the tests, print out the stuff and take it to any preferred lab on their site, they will draw your blood..yes you have to get blood drawn in order to get blood work!! haha
    hahaha... i know man i thought that b/c it was discreet i might need to get the supplies to draw myself.

Anyways...cheers guys.... you all have been extremely helpful... and what your saying makes total sense, i guess i got ahead of myself. wanted that beach body too soon i guess, and i def. think that the stress of the wedding and selling our house might be playing a huge factor as well regarding the extra cortisol. i knew this was the right place to come with this question. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!! i can finally chill out about it and get back to the grind. Sláinte!!

~ DEVIL

Thread Information