JSola is offline Associate Member

Decca drug test???

I got a buddy who wants to use decca for his joints but his job drug tests and he says the tests are pretty extensive. Will decca turn up on a test that's primarily designed for narcotics?

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by JSola View Post
    I got a buddy who wants to use decca for his joints but his job drug tests and he says the tests are pretty extensive. Will decca turn up on a test that's primarily designed for narcotics?
    not usually, there have been a few threads started about drug testing in the workplace...look for them, they have good info.

the typical drug tests are:

NIDA 5
    NIDA 7

Google them and it will show you the exaxct things tested. Tests for AAS and other performance enhancing drugs are usually grouped into something called a "sports test" which is much more expensive and vary rarely used unless these things are suspected

JSola is offline Associate Member
    its a gas chromarography test which will show (supposedly) everything in his blood. Does that matter?

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    most places only test for rec drugs not AAS.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    its a gas chromarography test which will show (supposedly) everything in his blood. Does that matter?
    have him google it.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Yes, I've written a few times about this process....and I'll write it again but more brief..

two different tests are involved in a random or other "normal" drug screen. An "initial" and a "confirmatory' test. the initial tests for drug groups..the confirmatory test is done when a positive occurs in any of the main groups that are being tested for...again, refer to the NIDA 5 and NIDA 7 to see these main drug groups. The GCMS will show the acual chemical ingested. I've seen guys pop for a doctor perscribed medication and the GCMS shows other, non controlled, medications being taken also.

I saw one test of a guy taking a Benzo and the GCMS whowed the exact Benzo he was taking and also Topral xl (blood pressure med) and Lexapro (antidepressant) both not even close to being a scheduled "abusable" drug.

GCMS will show any drug taken that they have a metabolite to compare to. Even then, Anabolics will rarely be "recognized" in these tests

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    It's not just the instrument it's the assay preformed on the urine, that is they must use an excepted approved method to extract the analytes in question and then using the extracted analytes the correct moble phase must be used as wells as flow rates, columns, detector and standards. These all differ depending on the specific compound they are looking for, they will not be looking for gear unless you being tested by the NCAA, WADA, MLB, NFL, or DoD.

Thread Information