xxHelderxx is offline New Member

Hair Loss Concern/Steroid Question

First Post here! I actually just typed this up but for some reason lost it and was unable to post. 23/M, I just came off a cutting cycle to lose a lot of fat I had stored up after a few months on inactivity. About 2-2.5 months ago I took some Winadrol from CTD Labs to help me cut the last stubborn fat off my frame. I should also add that for the past year I've been shedding pretty consistently. I've been taking propecia for almost 3 months, nearing the end of my 90 day supply. I have not noticed much slowing in my MPB, and still shed a lot. Anyway, I realize that me taking a pro hormone was really dumb if I'm already genetically predisposed to balding, but I thought the propecia might help that. After 2 weeks of taking the Winadrol and not seeing any ceasing/slowing in shedding, I stopped taking it. I'm still shedding a good amount despite being on the propecia.

I'm considering a bulking cycle to help me put more muscle on my frame. However I don't know how to proceed. Would the propecia have worked by now? Should I continue on it now that I'm off the Winadrol and let it have a chance to do its work? Or is this just evidence that the propecia isnt going to work in the long run and I should discontinue use, save my money, and shave my head?

If I did indeed screw myself over by taking the Winadrol, and decide to stay on propecia, are there any steroids out there I could take in a bulking cycle? (I've heard primo and anavar are safe on hair loss, I know Deca is usually safe but if I'm already on propecia I can kiss my hair goodbye) Or should I not even take the chance?

Lots of questions, I know- but I'm just looking for some specific advice/suggestions. Thank you ahead of time!

peachfuzz is offline Anabolic Member
    as far as the propecia goes my understanding is it doesnt achieve its full effect untill about six months of use, after that you continue taking it to mantain. also mpb is something your gonna have to deal with sooner or later try not to stress about it.

with any winstrol type product they are derived from dht so im not 100% sure but propecia stops the conversion from test to dht so if it is already in dht form propecia might not be effective. this is my experience anyway. i can tell you that when i stopped taking winstrol the hair loss slowed dramatically. now taking test along with propecia and notice no shedding at all.

who knows maybe give the propecia a solo run. now that you have some extra test floating around! haha good luck.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peachfuzz View Post
    as far as the propecia goes my understanding is it doesnt achieve its full effect untill about six months of use, after that you continue taking it to mantain.
    What exactly do you mean by this? It is only results that can take 6-12 months to visibly see. Fact of the matter is that it stops the conversion into DHT relatively quickly.

dont mean the pharmacological effect. i mean the effect the user is trying to achieve by taking it in the first place. and yes this varies, but in this case im going to assume he is taking it to notice a slowing/cessation of his hair shedding. this effect is not immediate.

what im trying to get at is he should give it another three months before he deems it ineffective. also stopping the pro-hormones [U]should[U] help as well.

as far as safe steroids for hairloss. well obviously not taking them is gonna be the safest bet but being realistic anavar , deca , primo, and possibly EQ.... low dose test with finasteride/dutasteride maybe option as well.

Thanks for the responses guys. Peachfuzz, you're right. I know that the finasteride is working to stop the DHT conversion immediately. However, I also know that the physical manifestation of this won't be apparent to me for quite some time. And as Peachfuzz says, the results I'm looking for are a cessation/halt in shedding and hair line recession.

Peachfuzz- Knowing that I'm risking accelerating the rate at which I'm losing hair, I'm basically just looking for the best options within the set of cycles I can go on WHILE on propecia. So I thought Deca might not be the best option because when taken concurrently with Propecia it worsens the symptoms of MPB. I was exploring the possibility of taking an EQ/anavar cycle but not at the risk of totally destroying my hair. I'm mostly concerned with compounding my genetic predisposition with finasteride and the effects of anything I may take during a bulking cycle. With that said, is there a cycle for people in my predicament? I don't need anything that is crazy aggressive. Just something that will give me good, sustainable muscle gains and wont leave me looking like Mr. Clean at the end of it.

Anything out there for people like me?

Thanks again to everyone!

It is important to note that there is no steroid that does not have a risk for accelerating hair loss. Also you are right about 5-AR blockers and deca . not a good option. your proposed cycle is gonna be about as mild as they come. obviously dosage is gonna play a large factor. i know its not what you want to hear but if you are that concerned about hair loss then maybe you should rethink steroid use . however use them or not you are still going to lose your hair. sooner or later are your options. steroid use is a risk vs reward decision.

i had never lost hair untill i used winstrol . on cycle it came out like crazy. i mean on my pillow, in my comb, on my desk it was everywhere. once i stopped and began propecia it slowed rapidly. currently running test and EQ low dose while still on propecia 3 months later and have not noticed any additional loss. it is worth noting tho i am only three weeks in.

but as we know, what works for one doesnt always work for another. the only way to know for sure is to try it. Good luck. i know some of the info is a little repetitive but i hope it helps.

also im sure youve done so but if not consider some other options along with the propecia such as spironolactone, minodoxil, etc.

Thanks a lot for the responses, I really appreciate it.

I think I've accepted the fact that some sort of hair loss acceleration is going to happen if I go on a cycle- I guess I'm just trying to find my correct risk vs reward combination that will give me good results in adding lean body mass and still give me a fighting chance of not being bald.

When you say the EQ/Anavar cycle is as mild as they come, do you mean that its effects on hair loss will be mild, or that its overall effectiveness will be very mild? Or both?

I'm really curious about all this, and if you don't care to get any further into it, are there any articles/threads I might refer to for more background on this subject?

Thanks again everyone.

sevenmann is offline Associate Member
    You have to ask yourself the question? First , am I predisposed to hair loss? If so, would I rather have muscle or hair? You make the decision. If you would rather have hair, start taking propecia, and forget about steroids .

sigman roid is offline Ar's cockney geezer Retired
    this thread is from 2007 doubt if he is still waiting for answers.lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    He's been bumping bunch of old thread, #@$ing noobs.

they will learn dsm they will learn.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmann View Post
    Going to hairclub for a hairpiece seems ridiculous to me . . However, I am considering going for hair restoration. . i know its thousands , but I am tired of thinning and wearing hats so i can look my age..
    you look old

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    you look old
    haha baldy

Blog Entries
    cue ball

egg head

Blog Entries
    Conehead

crome dome

Blog Entries
    c0ckhead

dick head

Blog Entries
    c0ckbreath

busaboy27 is offline Senior Member
    wolf pussie

rise2gr8ness is offline Junior Member
    primo causes hairloss = fact

Blog Entries

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    What? Did this turn to say the first thing comes to mind thread?

we got bored that day...lol

Thread Information