Justarting is offline Associate Member

Steroids and their effect on cortisol?

Hi there,
    I'm just wondering if taking anabolic steroids has any effect on cortisol production? I know that there is much evidence suggesting they block cortisol, but nothing about down/up regulating the production of cortisol. I'm curious because my cortisol is all out of wack, and I'm looking to find what could have been the cause. I have had weird cortisol for about 9 months now (the first two months were when I was on tren /test). I'm curious if the anabolics could have been the cause of it, and if so, are there any ways to reverse it. Thanks.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Justarting View Post
    Hi there,
    I'm just wondering if taking anabolic steroids has any effect on cortisol production? I know that there is much evidence suggesting they block cortisol, but nothing about down/up regulating the production of cortisol. I'm curious because my cortisol is all out of wack, and I'm looking to find what could have been the cause. I have had weird cortisol for about 9 months now (the first two months were when I was on tren/test). I'm curious if the anabolics could have been the cause of it, and if so, are there any ways to reverse it. Thanks.
    I've seen Var studies that speak to this.
    But first, define "out of whack" (high, low, very high, very low), and did you have a baseline level for comparison or are they just generally abnormal? Also how would you typically characterize your stress level?
    Last edited by magic32; 12-17-2007 at 08:52 PM.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Justarting is offline Associate Member
    Mainly low,
    I'm aware of adrenal fatigue stages, from Shock, to resistance to fatigue.
    I still follow the trends of increasing cortisol to around 2pm, then declining, but often get one last spike of cortisol before bed as well, which is weird.
    So mainly lower than normal cortisol levels with an above normal level before bed (of course I feel most alert before bed)
    I've read Dr. Jame's Wilsons book on Adrenal fatigue, as well as many others. The only problem is, mainstream books like those don't provide any insight on steroids effects on them.

Related to the subject, I am also hypoglycemic, with my biggest crash being at around 3pm in the day.

Thread Information