Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    elcoman is offline Junior Member
    Vr4... I would not wouldnt take deca by itself. Dont risk it. Im on TRT for life probably because of the dumb ass mistakes that I made with aas. I wish I had this board to give me advise... then I wouldnt be in the boat I'm in now. You really should wait on taking steroids but I can tell your mind is already made up. Just be wise... its your future you should be thinking about, not the quick gains you want. Just my 2 cents.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    YaaaaYYY!!! 3 pages! Ok all, very good discussion and showed some of hte people with questions why test is always recomended by us to use while using deca . Goodnight! Oh, and LOL and us all trying to basically say the same thing in different words, hahah that was kinda funny!

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elcoman View Post
    Vr4... I would not wouldnt take deca by itself. Dont risk it. Im on TRT for life probably because of the dumb ass mistakes that I made with aas. I wish I had this board to give me advise... then I wouldnt be in the boat I'm in now. You really should wait on taking steroids but I can tell your mind is already made up. Just be wise... its your future you should be thinking about, not the quick gains you want. Just my 2 cents.
    yo elcoman what did u get for hrt.

some people here would say thats a good thing getting shot 300 mg a week of testosterone .

btw in the adult male lets say 20 years old what is the normal levels of test.

i heard in most humans it would be 60-120 mg.

and elcoman does hrt feel better than natural test. i dont know what i am trying to say but lets say if your body made 100 mg a week of test and you had a hrt program of 300 mg a week of test wouldnt u feel the muscle/libido alot more?

elcoman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigt10 View Post
    yo elcoman what did u get for hrt.

some people here would say thats a good thing getting shot 300 mg a week of testosterone .

btw in the adult male lets say 20 years old what is the normal levels of test.

i heard in most humans it would be 60-120 mg.

and elcoman does hrt feel better than natural test. i dont know what i am trying to say but lets say if your body made 100 mg a week of test and you had a hrt program of 300 mg a week of test wouldnt u feel the muscle/libido alot more?
    I only get 400mg of test c every 2 weeks. It sucks! I'm never stable with bi weekly injections. It would be nice to have normal production again. But at 21 this guy is producing enough test to make some awsome natural gains. I wish I was 21 again. 300mg a week would be very noticable.
    Last edited by elcoman; 01-24-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NightWolf View Post
    FALSE statment!
    Please explain how the added test will make the Deca not shut him down?
    You took a blind shot at him when you misunderstood what he said. He did not say that taking test/deca will not shut him down. Of course it will shut him down but the thing is the test is still in his body to keep him functioning properly. Being new and taking shots at people isn't a great way to have anyone ever listen to anything you say again.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    acne is caused by peaks and troughs in hormone levels. The best way to combat this is to make sure it is dosed in such a way to keep blood levels stable. A long acting test shot twice weekly should be sufficient.
    If you insist on runing deca alone then just make sure you run a very agressive PCT such as Anthonys protocol that you can read in my signature below.

fugazy is offline Junior Member
    i know everyones gona get all crazy and have all sorts of negative things to say about this. remember im not giving you advice or telling you what to do im just gona tell you of a personal experiance.

my first cycle about 6 years ago befor i knew anything about the right way of taking any gear was a deca only cycle. i took 400mgs a week for 8 weeks with absolutely nothing else. no clomid, anti e's, hcg or nova or anything. just deca, and i had no sides what so ever. no deca dick no anything. i gained about 15-20 pounds. it was great

just remember everyones body is different and reacts different to different things. i would have no problems seeing you run a deca only cycle. i would just say to make sure you took proviron with it and proper pct

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by fugazy View Post
    i know everyones gona get all crazy and have all sorts of negative things to say about this. remember im not giving you advice or telling you what to do im just gona tell you of a personal experiance.

my first cycle about 6 years ago befor i knew anything about the right way of taking any gear was a deca only cycle. i took 400mgs a week for 8 weeks with absolutely nothing else. no clomid, anti e's, hcg or nova or anything. just deca, and i had no sides what so ever. no deca dick no anything. i gained about 15-20 pounds. it was great

just remember everyones body is different and reacts different to different things. i would have no problems seeing you run a deca only cycle. i would just say to make sure you took proviron with it and proper pct
    just make sure this doesnt come off as being a good idea, noobs read this kind of thing and think 'oh i bet my body works the same way'

did deca only a long time ago.

Dick didnt work right for about 9 months after that.

Would not risk it.

mmmmma is offline Junior Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong..

but as the deca decreases test levels, would that cause unstable blood levels and possible side effects such as acne?

It's a question not a statement.

Elefanten is offline New Member
    I have the exact same problem as you.

I run deca high and test low. I.e 700 mg's of deca and 50-150 mg's of test. This will give you mostly only gains and bi's(if any) from deca, while you won't get the shutdown sides while on cycle.

You will get more acne than off tough, but nowhere near what you get on i.e 500 mg's of test.

Done cycles with this on tren before, and I'm 4 weeks out in a deca cycle atm.

Elefanten is offline New Member
    You can also just start out with deca only, and keep some test at hand if you feel lethargic and/or can't get your willy up. Some would opt for prop in this case, but my experience is that even long esters will work for this. Even with cyp it's only a matter of days before libido starts getting back to normal.

wayne69 is offline Associate Member
    dude u r crazy to even think about a deca only cycle...in my last cycle i ran 400mgs of deca and 750mgs of test e and i still had some deca dick even with all that test...if i were u i would leave the deca out and do a test only cycle...do 400mgs-500mgs of test a week and u will be good...as for the acne i hardly ever get it and when i do its on my back and usually it occurs after the cycle is alreay finished...but ofr course everyone one is different...trust listen to what everyone is tellin u hear and dont run deca only!!! good luck bro!

NightWolf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesis View Post
    You took a blind shot at him when you misunderstood what he said. He did not say that taking test/deca will not shut him down. Of course it will shut him down but the thing is the test is still in his body to keep him functioning properly. Being new and taking shots at people isn't a great way to have anyone ever listen to anything you say again.
    Dude have you ever done a deca only cycle?? I have done 3 of them.. and almost all my friends have done them. guess what? none of them got deca dick. Its like Tai said, its very individual! When i say something i say it from personal experience not just parrot things like you. Also im very intrested to a one single studie that shows that test helps in recovery. thats what Legobrick said.

Bro doing one short cycle of deca , perhaps peaking/staying around 500-600 mg / wk isnt going to to SHIT to ur "endocrine" system. Naturally I cannot GURANTEE that but chances are you'll b fine.

fugazy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elefanten View Post
    You can also just start out with deca only, and keep some test at hand if you feel lethargic and/or can't get your willy up. Some would opt for prop in this case, but my experience is that even long esters will work for this. Even with cyp it's only a matter of days before libido starts getting back to normal.
    i like this answer

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust80 View Post
    Bro doing one short cycle of deca, perhaps peaking/staying around 500-600 mg / wk isnt going to to SHIT to ur "endocrine" system. Naturally I cannot GURANTEE that but chances are you'll b fine.
    you are aware that even that 1 shot of 200mg of deca is enough to shut you down practically instantly for 3 weeks or longer.. right?

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Dude have you ever done a deca only cycle?? I have done 3 of them.. and almost all my friends have done them. guess what? none of them got deca dick. Its like Tai said, its very individual! When i say something i say it from personal experience not just parrot things like you. Also im very intrested to a one single studie that shows that test helps in recovery. thats what Legobrick said.
    Just keep on doing your deca only cycles bro. And stop giving advice like this, due to your lack of knowledge.

Just above an HRT dose of test will work to supplement the test your body would naturally produce. Test is used for libido, mood, well being, etc...and also when you come off of deca its easier to recover by running the test longer then deca so the deca clears your system and still recognizes you have test in your system whether it is exogenious or endogenious. Then you start PCT which brings back you natty test levels back up. Your body recognizes hormones as test so it stops making test but without test you can suffer the sides of not having any test in your system or possible long term effects. Before posting again Nightwolf, do a little reserach on why its frowned upon here at AR. Your clear lack of knowledge on how to properly use AAS pretty much depict on how good your adcive is. And like stated, the reason it is frowned upon is becuase Newbs will take this info and think "well my body will probably work the same way!" My buddy did a tren only cycle and ended up losin his libido for quite some time IE. more then 9 months. It doesnt happen to everyone but why chance it?

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    you are aware that even that 1 shot of 200mg of deca is enough to shut you down practically instantly for 3 weeks or longer.. right?
    So what? Results won't be catastrophic. I realize everyone will react differently, however most peoples test levels will restore themselves naturally eventually bro, you know that, and so do I. I can see long term damage PERHAPS by using deca chronically, but ONE time wont do shit bro.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    So what? Results won't be catastrophic. I realize everyone will react differently, however most peoples test levels will restore themselves naturally eventually bro, you know that, and so do I. I can see long term damage PERHAPS by using deca chronically, but ONE time wont do shit bro.
    the point really is that for MOST people running deca alone isnt worth all the numerous sides that can arise from it.its a good rule of thumb to always have some test in there even if at a low HRT dose as exogenous levels arent affected by the deca, deca alone just isnt a good idea for most people

Quote Originally Posted by bpm1 View Post
    FYI i got tons of acne from my deca test cycle and not any from my test only cycle and id bet if u ask around ud find thats pretty common
    Is that you or carrot top in ur avatar?

Is that you or carrot top in ur avatar?
    its carrot top bro, but im on my way to being that ripped, im cutting right now

kinda looks like he's wearing make-up in that pic... dunno hard to tell but looks like that from here..

kinda looks like he's wearing make-up in that pic... dunno hard to tell but looks like that from here..
    yea is actually, he's got it on in all the pics ive seen of him

Quote Originally Posted by bpm1 View Post
    the point really is that for MOST people running deca alone isnt worth all the numerous sides that can arise from it.its a good rule of thumb to always have some test in there even if at a low HRT dose as exogenous levels arent affected by the deca, deca alone just isnt a good idea for most people
    Thats funny because any information ive ever read about deca says that its very popular largely because it DOSENT produce many sides in most people... UNLIKE a full-blown test...

... furthermore the statement "..deca alone just isnt a good idea for most people..." I believe is an EXTREMELY ambiguous remark. There's absolutely no scientific proof that deca alone just "isnt a good idea for most people". Many people I know swear by it. I dunno just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Panzerfaust80; 01-24-2008 at 03:00 PM.

Thats funny because any information ive ever read about deca says that its very popular largely because it DOSENT produce many sides in most people... UNLIKE a full-blown test...

... furthermore the statement "..deca alone just isnt a good idea for most people..." I believe is an EXTREMELY ambiguous remark. There's absolutely no scientific proof that deca alone just "isnt a good idea for most people". Many people I know swear by it. I dunno just my 2 cents.
    it has low ANDROGENIC sides, i.e. it doesnt mess with your lipid profile as much, or your prostate, or ur sebacious glands.. but it is FAR more suppressive than TESTOSTERONE is.

MANY people swear by alot of things, but if you havent noticed the general population is OVER RUN by ignorant idiots.

i have ran tren only before.. not really any unwanted issues other than loss of libido.. but i would NEVER EVER suggest that to anyone due to the fact it can induce a whole array of catastrophic issues that effect ones emotional well being and bring on some seriuos depression due to the role it plays on ones seratonin levels and recepters.

it doesnt have many if any sides if run with test (when run without test a whole new set of sides can be presented)but really the problem with deca arises during pct after the levels have dropped and your left to your own test production which is nill because of the "total shutdown" that occurs from deca, thats when the real fun begins for alot of people.pct was total hell for me as i stated, depression,anxiety,low sex drive,acne i never experienced any of these sides from my test only cycle therefore for me deca is the culprit.if you do some research you will find my experience is not unique and many have had similar sides/experiences and have sworn off deca for good as i have. furthermore i dont need "scientific proof" for this, i have enough bros that i respect and trust and im able to glean from their experiences (along with my own as well)to know that for most people its a bad idea, this is scientific enough for me

bigt10 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elcoman View Post
    I only get 400mg of test c every 2 weeks. It sucks! I'm never stable with bi weekly injections. It would be nice to have normal production again. But at 21 this guy is producing enough test to make some awsome natural gains. I wish I was 21 again. 300mg a week would be very noticable.

Well now elcoman i dont want this to sound the wrong way.

But isnt 300 mg every 2 weeks still better than having normal T production.

I am only speaking on a mg per week basis itmight suck to have to go the doctor just to get it up etc only being 21.

You could always get another source for some test c add another 100-200 mg a week wouldnt cost that much.

besides i heard even at puberty or when test levels are at their highest the body would only make 120 mg a week of testosterone .

So speaking only on the mg factor wouldnt you be better off on hrt.

yep.. normal test production is 70-100mg/wk
    if your taking 400mg of test cyp bi weekly your getting about 240-250mg of raw test over that period of time (neglecting the molecular weight of the ester) so you are still well above that of a teen

bigt10 is offline Member
    hey thai so 70-100 mg a week is the highest a male gets???? most likely 17-25.

this tends to fall around 26? and rapidly declines at 40 correct.

gosh i dont think i am gonna want to live like that when im 40. lol

i honestly have no clue.. i heard that 10mg ED is considered HIGH so 70mg week seems ideal and 100 seems kinda outlandish but pluasible during mid'late teens.

im sure it can start to decline anywhere

bigt10 is offline Member
    So elcoman you shouldnt be that upset. Again maybee its a hassle but 400 mg a week every 2 weeks isnt bad at all compared to normal. as i said you can up that more.

and to the guy who wants to run deca alone cause your concerned about acne your either want to gain or not.

you can always tan. and as soon as you get acne go to your doctor theyll give u some anti biotics and a cream. if that doesnt work u can still tan or get accutane. some people that use accutane will cycle for years after and never get another pimple.

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa View Post
    it has low ANDROGENIC sides, i.e. it doesnt mess with your lipid profile as much, or your prostate, or ur sebacious glands.. but it is FAR more suppressive than TESTOSTERONE is.

MANY people swear by alot of things, but if you havent noticed the general population is OVER RUN by ignorant idiots.

i have ran tren only before.. not really any unwanted issues other than loss of libido.. but i would NEVER EVER suggest that to anyone due to the fact it can induce a whole array of catastrophic issues that effect ones emotional well being and bring on some seriuos depression due to the role it plays on ones seratonin levels and recepters.
    ..androgenic sides were precisely what I was referring to. I believe it is common knowledge that deca supresses natural test production, of which doing ONE cycle of deca only will "most likely" be harmless, although there is always that 1 in 10,000 people that it will be "endocrinic damaging" toward. That is all I am saying. Test levels 90% of the time will always come back. (My opinion, of course, no scientific research to conclude that but I am sure many would agree)

i would still opt, that a compound that causes complete suppression of endogenous test production should never be ran w/o a TRT dosing regiment. there are just too many unknown factors and too many possible issues that can easily occur to ones body. the endocrine system is extremely complex and affects every aspect of the human body and since the male body is reliant upon testosterone for a vast majority of its physiological functions.. its just not practical or ideal to not incorporate a synthetic test into ones cycle.

Well said my friend, well said.

HOWEVER, lol, since much of the "scientific research" has been done by non-medical personell, mainly through trial and error and what has seemed to "worked best" over the years, nobody TRULY knows the adverse effects of suppressing ones test levels for a defined period of time. They could be extensive, or they could be minor. (Im being VERY specific here reffering to ONE CYCLE of deca not other factors of variables that could possibly jeopardize ones endocrine system in the future) Simply put, doing ONE deca only cycle (while at a reasonably young age, to ensure full recovery), with a safe PCT, the chances of damaging anything PERMANENTLY are almost non existent.

...but in the long run I guess you are right my friend, you never know... but then again, in the end, does anyone really know ANYTHING??? I suppose that question would best be suited on the philosophical boards.

bigt10 is offline Member
    One more thing so even if one messed up there own natural test production.

IS synthetic test the same as natural test.

so as thai said even if you made 10 mg a day or 70 mg a week.

Would lets say a trt does of 150 mg a week still be about double the effects.

or would not be as strong.

elcoman if this is the case the only thing you would be worried about currently is the shots and being infertile. Now you said you messed up but i remember reading an article a while ago here saying that 1gram ++ aweek of testosterone is good fertility.

Quote Originally Posted by bigt10 View Post
    One more thing so even if one messed up there own natural test production.

IS synthetic test the same as natural test.

so as thai said even if you made 10 mg a day or 70 mg a week.

Would lets say a trt does of 150 mg a week still be about double the effects.

or would not be as strong.

elcoman if this is the case the only thing you would be worried about currently is the shots and being infertile. Now you said you messed up but i remember reading an article a while ago here saying that 1gram ++ aweek of testosterone is good fertility.
    if you double a test dosage it really doesnt double the results.. i have ran well over a gram a day of test and the gains were almost identical to that of 500mg/wk. imo test is one of the weakest aas's out there in terms of acquiring LBM and there are far more effective compounds out there that give much greater gains w/ less sides at lower doses.

also heard that around 6+months of using exogenous test, the suppression can lead to infertility .. iono still reading on that concept

HOWEVER, lol, since much of the "scientific research" has been done by non-medical personell, mainly through trial and error and what has seemed to "worked best" over the years, nobody TRULY knows the adverse effects of suppressing ones test levels for a defined period of time. They could be extensive, or they could be minor. (Im being VERY specific here reffering to ONE CYCLE of deca not other factors of variables that could possibly jeopardize ones endocrine system in the future) Simply put, doing ONE deca only cycle (while at a reasonably young age, to ensure full recovery), with a safe PCT, the chances of damaging anything PERMANENTLY are almost non existent.

...but in the long run I guess you are right my friend, you never know... but then again, in the end, does anyone really know ANYTHING??? I suppose that question would best be suited on the philosophical boards.[/QUOTE]
    i really dont see a problem w/ deca only cycle in terms of causing long term issues since both test and deca cause complete suppression. so assuming one runs the proper pct at the CORRECT time and not too early (i.e. before the deca has cleared the system and the suppression from the compound is no more) recovery is bout the same.
    my out look on it is:
    Supression is supression regardless of the compound and pct is pct..

NightWolf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    Just keep on doing your deca only cycles bro. And stop giving advice like this, due to your lack of knowledge.

Just above an HRT dose of test will work to supplement the test your body would naturally produce. Test is used for libido, mood, well being, etc...and also when you come off of deca its easier to recover by running the test longer then deca so the deca clears your system and still recognizes you have test in your system whether it is exogenious or endogenious. Then you start PCT which brings back you natty test levels back up. Your body recognizes hormones as test so it stops making test but without test you can suffer the sides of not having any test in your system or possible long term effects. Before posting again Nightwolf, do a little reserach on why its frowned upon here at AR. Your clear lack of knowledge on how to properly use AAS pretty much depict on how good your adcive is. And like stated, the reason it is frowned upon is becuase Newbs will take this info and think "well my body will probably work the same way!" My buddy did a tren only cycle and ended up losin his libido for quite some time IE. more then 9 months. It doesnt happen to everyone but why chance it?
    First off i did not say im still doing deca only cycles.Ii have done 3 in the past and alot of pepole i know STILL do (with some added tabs) and none of us have been harmed! Second is that your still saying that the test will help in faster recovery, thats BS right there. Your the one with no knowledge at all, you just parrot around what you hear. Im still very intrested in a study that shows that test will make recovery from deca faster. You make it sound as if the body will start recovery imediatley when the deca is out from the system even with test added, that is not even logical because the test will also be shuting you down and the body WONT start to recover until the test is also leaving your body.

First off i did not say im still doing deca only cycles.Ii have done 3 in the past and alot of pepole i know STILL do (with some added tabs) and none of us have been harmed! Second is that your still saying that the test will help in faster recovery, thats BS right there. Your the one with no knowledge at all, you just parrot around what you hear. Im still very intrested in a study that shows that test will make recovery from deca faster. You make it sound as if the body will start recovery imediatley when the deca is out from the system even with test added, that is not even logical because the test will also be shuting you down and the body WONT start to recover until the test is also leaving your body.

LMFAO damn that dude got TOLD!!! good comeback, Nightwolf. Didnt u used to have a different avatar or is that another 'wolf? a swedish chick with her ass in the air???

bigt10 is offline Member
    Right but as thai said test is still needed at some dose. the body can see deca as test but it cant actually use deca as test.

i think they're just saying it doesnt make sense why you would deca only. sure you can do anything but it'll surpress all natural test. why someone would want no sex drive and test will help with gains anyways.

ya and what he just said i dont think test will make recovery anyquicker as any dose of test over 250 mg a week is gonna pretty much shut down all natural.

but anyways to whoever the people like to run deca alone, i dont see the point in doing so, and would hope you plan on doing a proper pct as any cycle.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information