Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: liver pain?!?!

J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member

liver pain?!?!

hey guys i got a quick question... ive been drinkin muscle milk for a while now, and i just picked up a a 5lb jug and ever since i started drinking it im having constant pain in my lower right back... i think it's my liver... but i don't understand it cause ive been drinking muscle milk forever, except prior to this i had cases of the premade bottles(cartons) of it... you think that could be the cause of my lower back(liver) pain.... and btw i have a doc appt tomorrow to get it checked out.... answers?!

i know this isn't in the right forum but ill get more responses here and none in the sup forum...

my right side lower back is also alittle swollen!!!.... help!

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    weird... I dont personally think that Muscle Milk is the direct cause of this pain although anything is possible. Especially if you have used it for awhile. It's weird that you would be getting an adverse reaction to it now. Well get it checked out regardless...like you said. I really wouldnt worry about it.

lowep3 is offline Junior Member
    The liver doesn't have nerve endings so I don't think it's that.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Kidney I think not liver. water water water water see your doctor

lowep3 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah, you might have kidney stones. I believe a lot of people get them from too much protein. Muscle milk contains quite a bit of protein, but I'm sure it has to do with other parts of your diet also.

ive been drinking massive amounts of water... ive heard of protein causing liver problems before... to high of a protein blood concentration can lead to stress on the liver... its really weird cause it only started happening when i started using the jugged muscle milk...

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    sounds more like kidney problems..liver doesnt have nerve endings so you cant feel it..how much water you drinking? might wanna go to a doc..could be kidney stones which would suck

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    ive heard of protein causing liver problems before NOT TRUE.

Civic0 is offline Associate Member
    def. see your doctor man

ummm how much protein a day bro??? i heard it starts stressing the liver at a KG of protein a day and even still I tend not to hold on to much of the source in where i got that info from....

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814 View Post
    sounds more like kidney problems..liver doesnt have nerve endings so you cant feel it..how much water you drinking? might wanna go to a doc..could be kidney stones which would suck
    it may not be pain directly from the liver but it bein swollen and cause surrounding pain... and if it were kidneys wouldn't it be both sides...

Merc.. is offline Steroidpedia
    Blog Entries
    How long has this been happening ??

not if you got stones in one side and not the other....

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    no one side can be affected and not the other

ecto9 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hey bro, so you're not "juiced" right now? heh heh. Dbols caused me lower back pains. I think dup is righ on that being the kidney area. the doc will know what to do. Good luck.

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    go to the doc go to the doc

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce View Post
    ummm how much protein a day bro??? i heard it starts stressing the liver at a KG of protein a day and even still I tend not to hold on to much of the source in where i got that info from....
    about 300g a day

Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    How long has this been happening ??
    3 days

Quote Originally Posted by ecto9 View Post
    Hey bro, so you're not "juiced" right now? heh heh. Dbols caused me lower back pains. I think dup is righ on that being the kidney area. the doc will know what to do. Good luck.
    no im not taking anything right now

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J*U*icEd View Post
    it may not be pain directly from the liver but it bein swollen and cause surrounding pain... and if it were kidneys wouldn't it be both sides...
    no only one kidney could be affected..your liver is located underneath your rib cage on your right side..doesnt sound like where youre describing the pain

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814 View Post
    no only one kidney could be affected..your liver is located underneath your rib cage on your right side..doesnt sound like where youre describing the pain
    no not up by my rib cage... its like an inch or 2 above my hip bone on my right side lower back... damn it man this sucks... it feels like i got slammed wit a baseball bat....

Blog Entries
    Yea , to know for sure you will have to go to a doc .. He will probably want to run some test .. Its to hard to try to figure out on the internet ....

From you what you are explaining it could possibly be a urinary tract infection... Your symptoms of the pain on the right side is sometimes a indicator of something to do a urinary tract infection... but like I said going to the doc is the only way to know what is causing it for sure .. Keep us posted on how everything is going ... Hopefully it is nothing ..

Merc.

Merc.
    Last edited by Merc..; 02-12-2008 at 04:27 PM.

thanks everybody ill keep you all posted

Blog Entries
    I know that right side back pain can be a urinary infection so I did a search on it ... Here something I found on it ..

Any type of back pain can be a challenging problem to deal with. Discomfort in this area of the body can lead to difficulty getting around and enjoying the activities that you are used to. The large majority of back pain is caused by muscle strain, and will take care of itself over a period of time with the help of over the counter medications and other home remedies. However, right side back pain may have other causes, which may warrant a visit to the doctor for a definitive diagnosis and effective treatment plan. It is important to understand what some of the culprits in right side back pain might be.

Infection

If you are experiencing right side back pain that begins as a dull ache and gradually increases in intensity, and is accompanied by other symptoms like fever and nausea, you may have a urinary tract infection. Other symptoms of an infection may include a burning sensation while urinating or a constant pressure in the bladder. If you suspect that the reason for your right side back pain might be a urinary tract infection, it is a good idea to make an appointment with your doctor. He can do a urine test to determine whether you do indeed have an infection, and prescribe medication if this does turn out to be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Merc. View Post
    I know that right side back pain can be a urinary infection so I did a search on it ... Here something I found on it ..

Any type of back pain can be a challenging problem to deal with. Discomfort in this area of the body can lead to difficulty getting around and enjoying the activities that you are used to. The large majority of back pain is caused by muscle strain, and will take care of itself over a period of time with the help of over the counter medications and other home remedies. However, right side back pain may have other causes, which may warrant a visit to the doctor for a definitive diagnosis and effective treatment plan. It is important to understand what some of the culprits in right side back pain might be.

Infection

If you are experiencing right side back pain that begins as a dull ache and gradually increases in intensity, and is accompanied by other symptoms like fever and nausea, you may have a urinary tract infection. Other symptoms of an infection may include a burning sensation while urinating or a constant pressure in the bladder. If you suspect that the reason for your right side back pain might be a urinary tract infection, it is a good idea to make an appointment with your doctor. He can do a urine test to determine whether you do indeed have an infection, and prescribe medication if this does turn out to be the problem.
    well thanks merc. i don't think it is a urinary tract infection b/c i have no other symptoms besides the pain, but who knows my doc will tell me tomorrow whats going on... and i must say you look beautiful in blue!!... so what are you some sort of hall of famer vet!?

dupa95 is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    wow good job merc

Blog Entries
    well thanks merc. i don't think it is a urinary tract infection b/c i have no other symptoms besides the pain, but who knows my doc will tell me tomorrow whats going on... and i must say you look beautiful in blue!!... so what are you some sort of hall of famer vet!?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dupa95 View Post
    wow good job merc
    Thank you Dupa.... I didnt know I was getting a promotion ..

cantfly is offline Junior Member
    thanks everybody ill keep you all posted
    u do that bud my question is protein drinks are u suppose 2 drink it everyday

AIR
    AIR is offline New Member
    i used to drink alot of protein shakes a day and i started having pains in my lower back and it was because i started forming kidney stones. so i dont know. drink alot of water.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    could it be gas?

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    2 years ago i had kidney stones and the doc said it was a overabundance of protien

seattleironpumper is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Try drinking alot of cranbery juice if its kidneys it will flush them out and help recovery

thanks guys i rescheduled my appt to later on today so ill let you know whats going on... but for now im gonna pick up some cranberry juice and see if anything gets better... and for the guys who were forming or had kidney stones what happend?... did they go away or what???

tankboy112 is offline Associate Member
    yeah i got kidney stones before from too much protein and water with a high mineral content dame middle eastern bottled water the doc can give u a shot that will help break them up then u will pass them and it hurts bad it can also result in scare tissue in the ureathera (i think i spelt that right) i dont know if they give u a pain reliver for it all i got was motrin dame marine corps answere to all ur ailments but if the stones are to big then they will have to do surgery

a thing i noticed when i had kidney stones is that my urine had a lot of deposits in it like there was powdered chalk in it or somthing
    Last edited by tankboy112; 02-14-2008 at 02:58 AM.

bump for an answer from ramblin and whoever else wants to contribute....^^^^^

if u got kidney stones cranberry juice wont do it, I have had em 3 times over the course of 4 years.Some people say that protien contributes to em but there is no solid evidance of this.Dependng how big they are or how many u have will determine what they will do for you.the last time i went in for em i was cyclin so there was other issues to deal with as well.but usally they will pump u up full of pain medication while your in there they will run some tests on ya and send u home with a script and strainer to piss in.If there two big to pass then your in a world of pain!they run a tube up your pecker ouch i just hurt thinkin about!have you ever had em before?

Kidney Stones
    There has been an increase in kidney stones in recent years. Diet and a lack of fluids has a major role in both causing them and the reason for their increase over the years.

Some initial symptoms can be blood in the urine or recurring urinary tract infections. The first pain you may feel is in your back or side just below your ribs. The pain becomes intense when the kidney stone or stones break loose and work their way from the kidney to the bladder through the ureter. The pain then radiates to your lower abdomen, groin and genital area. Passing a kidney stone can be excruciating and an experience you are not likely to forget.

They are formed when your urine becomes too concentrated. This is where lack of fluids comes in. The minerals or other substances in the urine begin to form into crystals. These crystals then can combine to form a stone. If the stones are small, they can pass into your bladder without causing damage.

Finding the underlying cause is very important to stop them from forming again. The best thing you can do to prevent a recurance is to drink plenty of water and by eating the right foods.

Other symptoms include cloudy or foul smelling urine, nausea, vomiting, urge to urinate and fever and chills if there is an infection.

What Causes Kidney Stones?
    As mentioned above, a lack of fluids can be the cause. Water is especially important. Because of this factor you are more likely to have kidney stones if you live in a hot and dry climate or work in a hot environment.

Family health history is another cause. If your family has a history of kidney stones, then you are more likely to have them as well. Once you have had one or more, you are also at risk to develop them again.

Men are more likely to have kidney stones as well as people between the ages 20 to 70 years old.

Some diseases or health disorders are also a risk factor, such as tubular acidosis, gout, chronic urinary tract infections or cystinuria.

Medications can be a cause. An example, diuretics may increase risk.

A high protien??????????????? low carb diet may be a cause.

Sedentary life style over a prolonged period. Limited activity can cause your bones to release calcium -- a major cause of kidney stones.

Natural Cures and Remedies
    Chanca Piedra -- My favorite and what I consider to be one of the best natural remedies is an herb called chanca piedra or, as it is also called, "the stone breaker." The following Web site will give you some information about chanca piedra and what it does.

Royal Break-Stone, Chanca Piedra for Kidney Stones

IP6 or Inositol Hexaphosphate -- IP6 is a relatively new discovery that helps keep stones from forming. It also cleanses the arteries, the heart, brain, liver, gall bladder (stones), and many other tissues. If you are prone to get kidney stones if would be a good idea to take this supplement. Below is some more information about IP6.

The IP6 Rice Bran Cleanse

thanks ramblin from the info you gave i sure as hell hope it isn't a stone... the past two days it has been getting better... and im going to the doc i about an hour, so well see what happens.... but thanks for the info and the contribution i just wanted to know what im in for if this happens to be kidney stones thanks

good luck bro

are u pissin blood?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information