D-Unit 39 is offline Member

Question Pasteurized Liquid Eqq Whites

I was reading on a source's board about people drinking the pasteurized liquid egg-whites (the kind you buy in a carton at the grocery store) in with their protein shakes.

Here is the post from that site:

Just bought 2 qts of the Liquid Egg Whites at the grocery Store. $5 per Qt

Ea 32 oz has 100 gr protein. I just made my 1st shake w/ it - I used 6oz of egg whites (20gr protein), 3oz 2% milk, 30gr Synthepure, 1-1/2oz Choc. Mudslide Coffemate. Pretty damn good. Think I will try a tad of Peanut Butter next time.
    Anyone do this or heard of this? How gross is this stuff to drink raw as described above? It is pasteureized so it should be totally safe, and should be completely processable by our bodies (unlike traditional raw egg whites due to the Avidin) I know egg whites are a great source of protein, but are they really good to drink in addition to cooking up for breakfast, etc? Another dude said he puts them in his oatmeal. Sounds gross to me but willing to give it a shot I guess.

shifty_git is offline Anabolically Aware
    Great source of protein with very low fat...

Have yet to try them as they have only gone on sale in one supermarket here in the uk a couple of weeks ago (thanks to beast for pointing that out!)

Cant wait to try them!

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i drink past egg whites all the time. they are not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by godkilla View Post
    i drink past egg whites all the time. they are not bad at all.
    like drinking whites ya seperated ya self? or slightly different?

Quote Originally Posted by shifty_git View Post
    I was under the impression that the human body has trouble digesting a traditional raw egg white due to it's Avodin content (which also inhibits Vitamin-B absorption and results in a Biotin deficiency), and that the pasteurization eliminates the Avodin and makes it OK to have the raw white without the yolk too.

Although the only supporting info I can find on this is on the pasteurized egg white manufacturers websites; so that could be totally bogus info...

Quote Originally Posted by D-Unit 39 View Post
    I was under the impression that the human body has trouble digesting a traditional raw egg white due to it's Avodin content (which also inhibits Vitamin-B absorption and results in a Biotin deficiency), and that the pasteurization eliminates the Avodin and makes it OK to have the raw white without the yolk too.

Although the only supporting info I can find on this is on the pasteurized egg white manufacturers websites; so that could be totally bogus info...
    sorry meant consistancy wise.... lol

but thats some usefull info!

JSola is offline Associate Member
    i gotta get some, i dont know about u guys but i eat so much that food just gets boring and ANY new source is a welcome addition

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired

I have heard this also.

I have bought the cartons of whites we have here now in UK. They are much thinner than whites from eggs and so would be easier to drink. They are not as sticky and gloopy. I prefer to cook them as i like as much bulk to my food as possible. that way i dont get hungry and eat a load of snacks,

i put 'em in my shakes. It makes them a lot richer. I think they'd be a great dietary item for most guys.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shifty_git View Post
    pasteurized

PimpStick is offline New Member
    I get mine by the gallon at Egg Whites International.

Great whites, ready for any drink.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up

I was reading on a source's board about people drinking the pasteurized liquid egg-whites (the kind you buy in a carton at the grocery store) in with their protein shakes.

Here is the post from that site:

Anyone do this or heard of this? How gross is this stuff to drink raw as described above? It is pasteureized so it should be totally safe, and should be completely processable by our bodies (unlike traditional raw egg whites due to the Avidin) I know egg whites are a great source of protein, but are they really good to drink in addition to cooking up for breakfast, etc? Another dude said he puts them in his oatmeal. Sounds gross to me but willing to give it a shot I guess.
    egg whtes international make awesome product of liquid eggs

Update: I went and bought some today. Tried them mixed in with two different protein shakes (6oz Egg Whites, 6oz 1% Milk, One serving of Whey Protein) -- with Vanilla Protein I basically had to hold my nose and gulp it down it was so awful. With Chocolate it was delicious.

Tried sipping some by itself too, it wasn't really that bad... just need to get over drinking raw eggs in my own head and it would be fine.

Baxter is offline Junior Member
    Update: I went and bought some today. Tried them mixed in with two different protein shakes (6oz Egg Whites, 6oz 1% Milk, One serving of Whey Protein) -- with Vanilla Protein I basically had to hold my nose and gulp it down it was so awful. With Chocolate it was delicious.

Tried sipping some by itself too, it wasn't really that bad... just need to get over drinking raw eggs in my own head and it would be fine.

Look into your computer screen. your getting sleepy. on the count of 3 you will be totaly relaxed. 1-2-3....

(The egg whites are cooked but still in liquid form. You will drink it without a problem. Vanilla and egg whites will start to taste good from now on.)

Now when i count down from 3 you'l be fully awake and non the wiser.
    ....3-2-1

See if that helps

Hot damn.... whattdya know I LOVE liquid egg whites now. Thanks Bax!

Thread Information