njmollohan is offline New Member

Lesson learned in the Gym today

I am going to have to break my rule of never using machines to get a workout. That is to include the Smith Machine. I was doing my leg workout today and I was doing squats. Well I have horrible balance. The guy that was spotting me decided to turn around and talk to one of his buddies today and he did it right in the middle of a rep. Well I lost my balance and started falling forward. It was a good thing I moved the safety bars up so that I wouldn't fall all the way to the ground. That is the first time I have ever fallen. That was probably the most embarrasing moment of my life. I am blessed with naturally strong legs and I can squat what I think is a lot but I have never lost my balance. I usually have a buddy that I trust to spot me but he is home on leave so he wasn't there and I had to get this guy. Well I think I am going to start using the Smith Machine to do my squats from now on so that this doesn't happen again. Will that give me the same workout? I was working out with 405 today. Is 405 on free squats the same on the Smith Machine?

workout forum

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Could a Mod move this from the steroid forum?

Mbuffguy is offline Banned
    nothing wrong with the smith at all . and most ifbb pros use a lot of machines pre contest to aviod injurys

Close call bro!!!

hey if you fell you couldve been like that one commerical, "IVe fallen, and I CANT GET UP!!!" perhaps get one of those things u wear around ur neck to alret paramedics ur in trouble!! great accessory at gym... lmao

jackmeup is offline New Member
    the same thing happened to me few days back ...

i thanked to clean n press excersise a lot at that moment...

weight was 165kg and i sat down and never got back up and the buddy behind me was helpless i quickly jerked the barbell and pressed in front of me and bang...

i really was clean no injury nothing even my buddies were saying what the f**k happened... Since then i had never increased the weight on my squats more then 130kg as that is the weight i can handle my own ...

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    I see nothing wrong with the Smith Machine for squats. I like it and the hack squat, then again I already have big ass legs, so I am over all that shit.

I would honest to god love to shrink them.
    ***No source checks!!!***

Thread Information