wukillabee is offline Senior Member

First Shot, Possible Infection or Over Reacting? See Pic

FIrst shot was monday at 10am. This is my first aas cycle and aas shot. Swabbed my test e vial, drew with a 23g terumo pin that took several pumps of the plunger to finally get 1ml of oil in (250mg), swabbed right upper quad, changed pin to 25g 1" terumo, had to put a ton of pressure on plunger to shot the 1ml (took at least 30 seconds to shoot the 1ml with a lot of pressure), withdrew pin and swabbed hole while massaging for 5 minutes, then put a small band-aid over hole. No pain, discomfort, everything good. ROund 5pm is when the pain hit and felt like a horse just kicked me in my inject spot. Walked with a bad limp all night at work, could barely sit on the tiolet to take a crap, bad pain. Next morning (yesterday) woke up feeling 50% better pain wise and could move my leg a little more. Did notice though a silver dollar size pink color surrounding injection site and some swelling. Went about my day and slept with a heat pad over site. Woke up today feeling 80-85% pain wise and a little more flexable than yesterday but now the pink area (very light pink color) is double in size and still swelling (about the same as yesterday). Is this normal for a virgin muscle and should expect this for my first shot every or is maybe my gear a little dirty and could be a slight infection? I uploaded a pic and u can see i was flexing both legs equally and left quad looks fine but right quad doesnt have the same definition because of the swelling. I have more definition in my left quad than the pic shows (shitty pic with my camera phone) and the pink color is so light u cant see it in the pic. Oh yeah, i aspirated to before shooting and saw a few air bubbles so then i shot, forgot to say that. Ive ordered some 20g terumos to draw and 23g to shoot since this oil seems pretty thick from what others have been telling me. I also have a thread titles drawing issues if u guys need more info or just ask, ill bump it. I check this site all day everyday via my att tilt phone so will be able to respond asap to anyone. Thank you for ur help and looking at this for me!

one8nine is offline Banned
    if your condition is improving its not infection

Quote Originally Posted by one8nine View Post
    if your condition is improving its not infection
    Thanks for responding so quick. SO this is normal then and should be expected for every new site i shoot like my delts, glutes, possibly pecs, and tris? I wanted to rotate everywhere with this cycle so i wont have virgin muscles cus for my 3rd cycle i want to do test prop and will be shooting ed. SOrry, try to upload pic tonite after work if u guys need to see it, my ghetto phone cant upload right.

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
    FIrst shot was monday at 10am. This is my first aas cycle and aas shot. Swabbed my test e vial, drew with a 23g terumo pin that took several pumps of the plunger to finally get 1ml of oil in (250mg), swabbed right upper quad, changed pin to 25g 1" terumo, had to put a ton of pressure on plunger to shot the 1ml (took at least 30 seconds to shoot the 1ml with a lot of pressure), withdrew pin and swabbed hole while massaging for 5 minutes, then put a small band-aid over hole. No pain, discomfort, everything good. ROund 5pm is when the pain hit and felt like a horse just kicked me in my inject spot. Walked with a bad limp all night at work, could barely sit on the tiolet to take a crap, bad pain. Next morning (yesterday) woke up feeling 50% better pain wise and could move my leg a little more. Did notice though a silver dollar size pink color surrounding injection site and some swelling. Went about my day and slept with a heat pad over site. Woke up today feeling 80-85% pain wise and a little more flexable than yesterday but now the pink area (very light pink color) is double in size and still swelling (about the same as yesterday). Is this normal for a virgin muscle and should expect this for my first shot every or is maybe my gear a little dirty and could be a slight infection? I uploaded a pic and u can see i was flexing both legs equally and left quad looks fine but right quad doesnt have the same definition because of the swelling. I have more definition in my left quad than the pic shows (shitty pic with my camera phone) and the pink color is so light u cant see it in the pic. Oh yeah, i aspirated to before shooting and saw a few air bubbles so then i shot, forgot to say that. Ive ordered some 20g terumos to draw and 23g to shoot since this oil seems pretty thick from what others have been telling me. I also have a thread titles drawing issues if u guys need more info or just ask, ill bump it. I check this site all day everyday via my att tilt phone so will be able to respond asap to anyone. Thank you for ur help and looking at this for me!
    The gear is a locally trusted ugl, forgot to include that.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    sounds like virgin muscle to me. You should be fine keep an eye on it but almost everyone has discomfort after their first shot in virgin muscle.

stpete is offline Banned
    No, it's not normal. I've never had a reaction like that. Your juice seems to be thick as hell for some reason and i use the same pins as you, and it doesn't take me that long to inject. You might want to hold off to see what happens with that sore.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by stpete View Post
    No, it's not normal. I've never had a reaction like that. Your juice seems to be thick as hell for some reason and i use the same pins as you, and it doesn't take me that long to inject. You might want to hold off to see what happens with that sore.
    its definatly normal to me. when i use a 25g i really have to push harder especially after getting used to a 20g
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

To be honest the soreness has been greatly reduced each day and leg has been more flexable each day so i wouldnt think much more of it but virgin muscle and all. The thickness did kind of worry me and the slight sweeling and pink color. The pink color is very light but worried me cus it showed up yesterday small but bigger today and swelling probably same as yesterday maybe less today. I did 10 minutes of treadmill after my workout today just to help stretch. Just wondering why there would be more pink but, pain, swelling, and flexablity is getting much better each day? I trust the ugl gear since who i got it from i trust very much and has been using this same gear for sometime now. Ill also update how it goes tomorrow for my 2nd shot in my right glute. Gonna warm up the oil and heat pad at night to see if that helps tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    its definatly normal to me. when i use a 25g i really have to push harder especially after getting used to a 20g
    DO u think by pressing harder with the 25g that it creates more pressure in injection site? MAybe not cus the oil still goes in very slow and takes at least 30 seconds to shoot 1ml? I got 1 18g pin to draw tomorrow evening and a 23g 1 1.5" pin to shoot my glute so ill see if that helps for the shot. Not getting my pins til next week so ima draw 2ml of gear into my syringe (cus i only have 1 18g pin for now) and shoot 1ml and save the other 1ml for monday, switching pins of course just using same syringe.

testy1975 is offline Banned
    tried 25 yesterday it sucked , to slow. usually use 22. my leg is kinda sore, tho.

SuperK is offline Associate Member
    my first cycle was a sust only cycle and I would walk around like Frankenstein for a week after each injection. And yes, it also felt like I was kicked by a horse.

As long as the swelling and pain gets better each day and finally subsides within 4 to 5 days, I would say you're all right. Most UG gear, these days, gives me pain and swelling for a few days even in my veteran, scared up, muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperK View Post
    my first cycle was a sust only cycle and I would walk around like Frankenstein for a week after each injection. And yes, it also felt like I was kicked by a horse.

As long as the swelling and pain gets better each day and finally subsides within 4 to 5 days, I would say you're all right. Most UG gear, these days, gives me pain and swelling for a few days even in my veteran, scared up, muscle.
    Cool, i might just be over reacting then cus now the pain has really died down and i can walk pretty normal now. Just hate to think all my muscle sites are gonna feel like this while on this gear. Gonna heat up the oil first for tomorrow's shot and see if that helps any. Thanks guys for all ur input. WIll report back after tomorrow nights shot to let u guys know how it goes. Just wish i would have got less painful gear, next time i guess.

Ostrich is offline Junior Member
    For me, one of the keys to injecting, is going slow. I would inject your 1cc over at least a full minute. This gives the oil time to dissapate before you force more into the space.

stpete is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    What about the pink color, and it doubling in size?

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrich View Post
    For me, one of the keys to injecting, is going slow. I would inject your 1cc over at least a full minute. This gives the oil time to dissapate before you force more into the space.
    True, true. Ill try a minute for tomorrow night's injection and warm up the oil first and see if that helps.

What about the pink color, and it doubling in size?
    This is what my major concern was and why i made this thread, the rest of my symptoms did seem kinda normal from what most have said except for the thick gear. Ill check the stop again in a few and see how the pinkness is. I just know it did get bigger from yesterday morning to this morning but everything else like pain, swelling, flexability got much better day to day. Maybe ill try that z-track method people talk about. Stretching the injection site sideways with 2 fingers, poke, shoot, withdraw pin and release fingers so nothing comes out. Didnt have a problem with that though, just barely got 1 drop of blood out after withdrawing pin. HAd pin about 95% down in quad.

bernimx is offline Associate Member
    good luck with your cycle

Nicotine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee View Post
    I also have a thread titles drawing issues if u guys need more info or just ask, ill bump it. I check this site all day everyday via my att tilt phone so will be able to respond asap to anyone. Thank you for ur help and looking at this for me!
    llike...drawing, as...drawing your gear into a syringe?

if so. here's a trick

pull the plunger back as far as the measurement you are gonna withdraw.

so, if you're gonna withdraw 1cc, pull the plunger back to 1cc.

then, puncture the diaphragm. push the plunger in. this puts 1cc of air into the vial.

now draw your fluid.

if you dont, you'll find it will be like a vacuum pulling the gear back in, and it will be hard to draw.

my bf is a nurse...i felt like an idiot when he showed me. so easy now

AugsLars12 is offline Junior Member
    I'm going through the same symptom in my glute! It was my first shot on my right glute and inside of 10 minutes I had a quarter sized bump right under my injection site. Now my leg is obviously sore because I did 2 different injections for my first time but still I'm kind of freaked out because my other injection site doesn't have a bump where as my glute does, and is very tender to its touch. I'm not going to let it affect me and just pop some good tylenols and "walk it off" unless of course any of you guys think its a bigger problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicotine View Post
    llike...drawing, as...drawing your gear into a syringe?

if so. here's a trick

pull the plunger back as far as the measurement you are gonna withdraw.

so, if you're gonna withdraw 1cc, pull the plunger back to 1cc.

then, puncture the diaphragm. push the plunger in. this puts 1cc of air into the vial.

now draw your fluid.

if you dont, you'll find it will be like a vacuum pulling the gear back in, and it will be hard to draw.

my bf is a nurse...i felt like an idiot when he showed me. so easy now
    Thats exactly what i did my friend but since my gear in unexpectatly thick, i was pumpin the plunger back and forth like a damn super soaker gun. Ordered some bigger pins and in the mean time i got an 18g to draw and a 23g to shoot for tomorrow.

Smile Second Shot!

Last night was my second shot and did it in my right delt with a 23g 1 1.5" pin but only went in 1" with it. I was so anxious and excited that i forgot to warm up the oil before i shot so i did it raw again, haha. I did though remember to draw out 2cc since i only had 1 18g pin til i get my order on wednesday so i would have 1cc for lastnight and 1cc for monday morning (i have plenty of pins for shots). Did everything again by the book, was kinda hard to aspirate though with one hand doing everything. Guess its a trick of the trade once i get used to pinning myself. My g/f helped out on this one. I did shoot very slow, wasn't too much pressure with the 23g pin but made sure i shot super slow. Took about a minute to shoot my 1cc. After i did the shot is when i said shit, i forgot to warm up the oil first. I did though have one of those one time use heating pads that i put over my shoulder for the first 5-6 hours. When i was starting to fall asleep is when i felt the pain kick in. Woke up today with a sore shoulder, good thing i worked out shoulders yesterday. Was planning on doing legs today but my shoulder is so sore i cant really raise my right arm to high and wouldn't be able to do squats right, can't have a real leg day without squats! My right quad is perfect today and was pretty perfect by mid-day yesterday. Im sure this slight swelling and pain is a mixture of probably high ba content since this oil is a little thicker than it should be from what you guys have said and of course my virgin muscles. Im feeling good and havent noticed really any swelling or color on my right delt yet so im sure my gear is fine, just thick and painful!

Thread Information