Thread: Xanax and aas

DrTY is offline Junior Member

Xanax and aas

Heres one that i couldnt find anything about using search so if anyone could point me in the right direction ill be more than happy.
    i was taking xanax as prescribed from my doctor for anxiety stress and having a very short fuse. im now on my 9th week on a stack and started to cut down on xanax to see if i can gain some more power. only thing is when i dont take it i find it harder to lift more. work that one out xanax is supposed to calm u down. i still dont get it..
    any opinions..?

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    How is your sleeping patterns now that you are cutting back on the xanax?

to tell u the truth i used to pop a half before bed. i stopped doing that. im unemployed now and still get up at 6:40 every morning without fail.
    its like my body has its own alarm clock.
    i dont get it.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    How many hours are you sleeping? Do you still get a feeling of euphoria after taking it? That alone can give your body a psychological jump start and without it you aren't getting that adrenaline effect.

not at all i feel very anxious if i dont take it
    i usually sleep for around 7 hours

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I suggest finding a person with more medical knowledge to ask about the effects of using prescription xanax with steroids .

Maybe if a person who didn't 'need' xanax took it then it would 'slow them down' but maybe since you do need it as it is prescribed for a medical diagnosis it keeps you balanced and in a state where you perform better overall.

But again, for the bio-chemistry, etc ask someone who knows what they are talking about.

Nitro29 is offline Member
    I find that odd. I don't know how long or what dosages of xanax you have been taking but you should be very careful about stopping it on your own. Xanax is a very powerful and addictive benzodiazipam and you can experience very severe withdrawal symptoms if you stop taking it cold turkey, to include severe anxietey, tremors, seizures, even death. Be VERY careful, this is a drug that should be tapered down under the supervision of an MD. As already stated, see a professional, good luck...Nitro

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Xanax is addictive bro! Maybe see your Doc about getting away from that stuff. Or at the very least only using it when or if you know you will be in a situation where you'll need a bit of help.

MJ

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Word. Never take xanax on a daily basis or you are asking for an addiction from hell, which ive seen with my own eyes. No one likes having seizures from withdrawals.

VWbug66 is offline Senior Member
    jiggaman, seen it happen to a few of my college buds..the 2 of them did fix the problem though, so it ended good.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    hmm.. it's prescribed, if you note a concern, speak with your doc..

as for the lethargy when you don't take it....

ADD and ADHD effects people many different ways, things that re suppose to speed them up... actually slows them down..

get it..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    hmm.. it's prescribed, if you note a concern, speak with your doc..

as for the lethargy when you don't take it....

ADD and ADHD effects people many different ways, things that re suppose to speed them up... actually slows them down..

get it..
    The slow down is called euphoria.

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    trade the zanies for more gear

CanthookitLs6 is offline Junior Member
    Xanax is liver toxic, and as already mentioned, it is addictive. It is physically addictive as well as psychologically. If you suddenly stop taking it you can have seizures, weakness, depression and other issues.

Work with your doctor to slowly taper down in dosage. Klonopins are another alternative to Xanax. Although they share the same side effects, klonopins have a longer half-life, are less liver toxic; however your body becomes just as pyschically dependent to them if taken on a regular basis.

These are issues you need to talk to your doctor about.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    When I would take a benzo as needed, I feel very lethargic the next day. I couldn't imagine taking it anytime before I worked out. I probably would have a lackluster workout. They work wonders for calming you down in a high anxiety situation. However, I try to avoid them at all cost and take them only in emergency situations.
    Last edited by Black; 04-19-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Nevermind, the spammer was deleted

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by DrTY View Post
    Heres one that i couldnt find anything about using search so if anyone could point me in the right direction ill be more than happy.
    i was taking xanax as prescribed from my doctor for anxiety stress and having a very short fuse. im now on my 9th week on a stack and started to cut down on xanax to see if i can gain some more power. only thing is when i dont take it i find it harder to lift more. work that one out xanax is supposed to calm u down. i still dont get it..
    any opinions..?
    If a doctor prescribed it then you must need it. I would just continue you using it as prescribed.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    If a doctor prescribed it then you must need it. I would just continue you using it as prescribed.
    Not necessarily true. Docs prescribe things people don't need all the time.

CageFX413^FAA is offline New Member
    how long have u been on xanax ? xanax is a benzo and i was prescribed iot for 2 years for anxiety and insomnia, when i trained i would get exhausted quicker,hot and cold,uneasy and tired feeling, just shyt that didn't help at all i been off them know for a year and that was the best decision i ever made what your are prob going through by decreasing your dose is withdrawls benzos are one of the most addicting and worst withdrawls out there they are dangerous and even death can happen when you stop taking them id suggest you talk to your doctor before being your own doctor and have him taper you off slowly get off why you can bro

mrniceguy215 is offline Banned
    used to be addiccted to xanax myself w/o a perscription. if i were you i would keep taking them until your well off your cycle, dont want to hear about another steroid related suicide when it probably wasnt steroids alone. and xanax make you a cocky beast when your high on them thats why you are lifting more.

Rocksteady316 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MercyDog View Post
    trade the zanies for more gear
    hahaha awesome-

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    I run 10 mg of valium as needed for anxiety and sleeplessness. I have never notice any difference in my training intensity.
    not funny story- I was running 1 gram of sust and half a gram of eq went on vacation. I really need valium on vacation(tampa/longboat). I hate flying, I hate sleeping in a strange bed. so I brought a lot with me. one day by the beach I took 3 valiums and had a couple of mojitos. fell asleep woke up felt fine. went for a swim in the ocean. the undertow caught me and I got pushed out far. then the valium came back and could not swim. dude helpless is an understatement. I freaked out and came to the conclusion that I was going to die. I swam parrallel to the shore and was able to make my way back in. my wife said I was out for three hours.
    moral of the story- benzo's and ocean swimming do not mix well.

Thread Information