Thread: first injection

Leet141 is offline Junior Member

first injection

i did my first injection today, i used a 1inch 25g pin to inject in my quad, i poked it in, just felt a pinch than i pushed the syringe and kept pushing for a while and i started to wonder why it wasnt going in anymore i looked at it and the liquids were all gone, it went in sorta fast and my hands were a little shaky, so i was wondering what could i apply to the injection spot to prevent soreness?

Darksyde is offline Member
    revel in your soreness. embrace it. make love to it.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    nothing....

Wait till tomorrow...you will really like what you feel...especially if its a virgin quad

It can best be described like this....

You just did 1000 1 leg'd squats...

Quote Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
    yea...make love to it...bust a load on it...rub it in...that is the best thing to do...

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    shooting slowly helps me greatly to reduce soreness.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    shooting slowly helps me greatly to reduce soreness.
    I find that it is such a variable in shooting that you(or me at least) never get consistant sensations.

There are too many variables...near a nerve, in a virgin muscle, fast, slow, near a vein, in a portion of muscle isolated where the fascia ends....also temp of gear, concentration, scar tissue

Unless one is very consistant im going with this....it changes every time...

Hopefully you have pain free injections...good luck

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Massage the area after you inject. I shoot quads twice and will never do it again. I was WAY to sore.

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    Massage the area after you inject. I shoot quads twice and will never do it again. I was WAY to sore.
    i cant stand quads either....

Pecs aren't bad...especially the medial superior aspect of the pectoralis minor

oh yea, my quads sore lol i would have shot glutes but only have 1 inch needles at the moment so i have to stick my quads or delts:|

NoYokes is offline Junior Member
    I have mostly painless injections in my glutes. 1 1/2 23g needle. try to give each site 4-7 days rest. dont like shooting in my quads, sore as hell.
    I have heard if you heat up your gear alittle, it will flow easy and disperse better, but i never had to try it...

Dinosaur is offline Member
    u could try ur glutes if u have a small ass but prefebly 1"5 is better to go little deeper for penatration.

Dinosaur is offline Member
    by the way welcome to the dark side

Try injecting into your mandible muscle...or the palm of your hand...or in your ear lobe

Those all sound like places that HAVE to be less painfull than your quads....

I dont see how you guys do quads.....Im a super big pvssy!

korsow is offline Associate Member
    wtf ear lobes?

frank12391 is offline Member
    I have a habit of moving the needle around when I'm doing my glutes & shit do I pay for it the next day because its prop as well. I just cant get myself to do my quads. Its murder for me since I'm on my feet for 10Hrs a day in my job. I know - I'm a big pvssy

korsow is offline Associate Member
    Use the 'Korsow ' meathod (lol),, lol lay down to do glute shots.. trust me, much easier.

wenis piggler is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leet141 View Post
    i did my first injection today, i used a 1inch 25g pin to inject in my quad, i poked it in, just felt a pinch than i pushed the syringe and kept pushing for a while and i started to wonder why it wasnt going in anymore i looked at it and the liquids were all gone, it went in sorta fast and my hands were a little shaky, so i was wondering what could i apply to the injection spot to prevent soreness?
    Use your vastus lateralis muscle: http://www.adhb.govt.nz/newborn/Guid...ectionSite.gif

I also use a 1" 25g pin in the thigh. I prefer to do the upper (closer to your waist) third of the vastus lateralis. The vastus latealis muscle is your outer thigh. I have found that the upper third of the outer thigh is nearly painless with very little residual soreness. The soreness, if any, is very minimal. After a few more times, you will have little to no soreness. Your muscles get used to it. Even the injection itself will get less and less "pinchy." I push the needle in very slowly. For me, it is painless that way. I have found that the speed at which the liquid goes in can vary. If I use a small diameter syringe (referring to the holding tube, not the needle), it goes in faster. When I use a larger diameter syringe (referring to the holding tube, not the needle) it goes in slower. It is physics. Good luck!
    Last edited by wenis piggler; 11-15-2008 at 09:27 AM.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    the more you do it, the less sore you will get. also, dont massage it after you inject, this causes rapid absorbtion of the muscle and causes tissue damage, resulting in scar tissue. so if you dont want a saggyass, just shoot and go

Flex-Appeal is offline Senior Member
    My hands will get shaky still, as i've done hundreds of injections. My blood sugar is low when hand shakes, so i drink some gatorade (insulin spike) right before i shoot and i've got steady hands. Good luck with rest of injects

blake.varhaug is offline Junior Member
    If it went fast your probably going to have a bad time.....On my first few i injected too fast and ended up walking around like a horse kicked me in the leg

I have only taken 2 injections, the first one was to the quad, and I fished the needle around in there alot because I pulled the skin then let go to aspirate . To my surpise though the first one wasn't that sore, and the second one in my glute was painless.

i never wanted to try quad when i first started. it sounded like a crazy idea. till i used prop for the first time and had to find more shot to shot. now i dont like shooting anywhere else. quads are easy to do, when i get sore witch isnt very often, it wasnt to bad because i didnt have to sit on it or worry about one of my boys ****ing with me hitting me in the shoulder.

sportfan33 is offline Associate Member
    Thats a good point, i always try to shy away from people, now cause if someone hits me in my shoulder i will freak out lol!

fanatic is offline Member
    *After you inject* Take a sterile cotton ball and apply pressure to clot the site. Then, massage the area for about 30 seconds, or so, immediately afterward. If its really bad, you could warm the gear a bit in warm water prior. I only use short-esters, though, so I'm used to feeling like a fu*king pin cushion.

i warmed up my gear this time and shot my quad again, and man **** a few hours later it was worse than my firts shot, its beeen sore as shit. i think ill be switching to glutes for my next shot, im doing test e/deca so hopefully the glutes are painless.

Bad Viking is offline Junior Member
    Just did my first shot today,and 8 ouhrs later i am just a little sore.
    Guess my quad would be a bit more sore tomorrow,but since i went for a ride with my K2 bicycle and walked my dog for 50 mins it might have helped me some.

Still excited since this was first time

THEMEATEATER is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Viking View Post
    Just did my first shot today,and 8 ouhrs later i am just a little sore.
    Guess my quad would be a bit more sore tomorrow,but since i went for a ride with my K2 bicycle and walked my dog for 50 mins it might have helped me some.

Still excited since this was first time

well i shot my glute thursdays afternoon and now its fukin sore as hell to it hurts when i walk or sit on my ass, what the hell is going on, any other suggestions guys oh btw i used a 22G 1 1/2 inch needle

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    It might be the brand of gear you are using, some are notorious for soreness.

damn, i hope it gets better as it goes on, should i inject in the same glute as i did last time to break it in more or switch to the other side and go through the soreness again?

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Rotate.

big_k is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
    lol

how do you make love to your own quad

clockwork_killer is offline Associate Member
    this jus reminded me of my first injection, scary stuff

Smoke Capone is offline Junior Member
    Take a hot bath followed by a hot shower and you should be fine. i feel very little soreness afterwards. and be sure to massage it out a bit. oh and if u make love to it use lube :P

man i tried all that on monay, im still sore i think im gonna try to cut my gear with some sterile oil anybody know a link to a nice and simple tutorial?

Thread Information