Freefalling is offline Junior Member

What is the best bf % to start steroid cycle?

Im currently at %13 bodyfat. And i was wondering what is the best bf % to start my first cycle.

lord henry is offline Scammer&Liar
    depends on your weight

i mean if you 300lbs 13% body then ,,well

if you 120lbs and 13% body fat then ,,well

210+ at 13% is good imo as long as the right lenth of trianingis there too.

Im:
    Male
    6'5
    196lb
    %13 bf

Used to be 240lb @ %24 bf about 5 months ago. Been doing lots of cardio with proper nutrition + bodybuilding to get to where i am

lord henry is offline Scammer&Liar
    6,5 you could gain more natty bud ,i guess at that hight and weight your looking lean?

get a good clean bulk going and see were your at in 6-8months time.

Wondering if theres a magic number. Been training for 5 + years by the way.

Dougewesq is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Lord, with that dedication you just showed losing the weight you can definitely put some lean muscle on before hittin the gear.

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    Alot claim 15% or less

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    as stated above, bf% is only one of the things we need to look at to determine if someone is really ready to cycle. low bf% is good, but if someone is drastically underweight for their height then they should fix their diet and training before considering a cycle.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by Freefalling View Post
    Im:
    Male
    6'5
    196lb

%13 bf

Used to be 240lb @ %24 bf about 5 months ago. Been doing lots of cardio with proper nutrition + bodybuilding to get to where i am
    IMO! underweight!

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    I know that we all preach 10% BF or lower before you cycle. But what if you are a somewhat experienced user who has little to no sides wouldn't it make sense to be able to start say a Test E cycle at a higher BF? I'm just curious because most things you read warn of worse sides due to higher BF, but if you have used and sides have never been an issue, would it matter? Or is that just tempting fate and opening yourself up to increased sides?

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    as stated above, bf% is only one of the things we need to look at to determine if someone is really ready to cycle. low bf% is good, but if someone is drastically underweight for their height then they should fix their diet and training before considering a cycle.
    But whats the point of adding some more lean muscle before starting a cycle if am going to add muscle during the cycle? Besides, if i go on a mass program right now, yes i am going to add some more muscle but i am also going to add bodyfat...its inevitable. Then, after i have enough muscle, ill have to go on a fat burning program to loose some of the fat id gained, and when i do that ill loose some muscle along with the fat. Now im back to square one. I used to have way more muscle before i went on a fat burning program. I lost some of it with the fat when i switched to a cutting program.

Dinosaur is offline Member
    if your diet is in check u wont put as much fat as if its not. also cardio does help a lot on avoiding to gain fat.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Freefalling View Post
    But whats the point of adding some more lean muscle before starting a cycle if am going to add muscle during the cycle? Besides, if i go on a mass program right now, yes i am going to add some more muscle but i am also going to add bodyfat...its inevitable. Then, after i have enough muscle, ill have to go on a fat burning program to loose some of the fat id gained, and when i do that ill loose some muscle along with the fat. Now im back to square one. I used to have way more muscle before i went on a fat burning program. I lost some of it with the fat when i switched to a cutting program.
    No. You misunderstand dieting or a diet in general. You can clean bulk successfully. I do it, BIG does it, and so do most if not ALL bodybuilders/lifters in general that know what they are doing. I your weight minus 3%BF and take off like 10inches. LOL you have a lot more to go. Yeah tru you could do it now but you need to discipline yourself on DIET and how you eat to gain weight. If you dont know how to gain weight naturally and KNOW your body then the weight gained on cycle will only fool you into thinking its muscle and then come off cycle and realize that most was water weight. See what im saying here? Plus a better base will help you avoid injury in the gym as your body is already used to lifting heavier weight so your tendons,muscles, joints, etc.. will already be bigger. Like i said tru you can use now but you need to learn these things not only through reading but actually DOING. It takes a while but once you find your body and diet to be connected then build a better base.

We are not here to chastize you or say you cant use AAS right now. We let you know why and say your not ready. Ultimately its up to you to listen or not but take it from people who have learned the hard way and spent lots of money that could have been saved and results could have been a lot better had they had a better base and KNOWN how to bulk properly natural.

(im pretty sure that was a run-on sentance)

Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    No. You misunderstand dieting or a diet in general. You can clean bulk successfully. I do it, BIG does it, and so do most if not ALL bodybuilders/lifters in general that know what they are doing. I your weight minus 3%BF and take off like 10inches. LOL you have a lot more to go. Yeah tru you could do it now but you need to discipline yourself on DIET and how you eat to gain weight. If you dont know how to gain weight naturally and KNOW your body then the weight gained on cycle will only fool you into thinking its muscle and then come off cycle and realize that most was water weight. See what im saying here? Plus a better base will help you avoid injury in the gym as your body is already used to lifting heavier weight so your tendons,muscles, joints, etc.. will already be bigger. Like i said tru you can use now but you need to learn these things not only through reading but actually DOING. It takes a while but once you find your body and diet to be connected then build a better base.

We are not here to chastize you or say you cant use AAS right now. We let you know why and say your not ready. Ultimately its up to you to listen or not but take it from people who have learned the hard way and spent lots of money that could have been saved and results could have been a lot better had they had a better base and KNOWN how to bulk properly natural.

(im pretty sure that was a run-on sentance)
    Thanks for the input Legobricks...and everyone else. i get what youre saying. Basically, what i understand is that i should get my bodyfat lower THEN go on a mass diet and increase lean muscle while maintaining the same bodyfat...right? Well, when it comes to dieting, from what i understand... the general rule is: eat more calories than you burn and you gain weight. Eat less calories than you burn and you loose weight. Ofcourse, you have to watch "what" you eat. Getting all your calories from doghnuts wont get you the same result as getting your calories from tuna. So currently, im consuming about %30 less than my maintainece level (TDEE). Because my goal is to burn fat. Check out my current diet everyone, tell me what you think. And feel free to use the excel sheet. Its awesome! A great meal planner.
    http://4shared.com/files/88100927/d9..._plan_-_30.htm
    Last edited by Freefalling; 02-17-2009 at 07:54 AM.

Thread Information