Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    garythompson is offline Associate Member

Question why is a good base NEEDED?

Is it really necessary or is it ok to start a cycle with a half ass or better base? just to get as far as you can on the cycle and not get cut short?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by garythompson View Post
    Is it really necessary or is it ok to start a cycle with a half ass or better base? just to get as far as you can on the cycle and not get cut short?
    of course you don't need a base, steroids are what you use to make up for lack of training and a poor diet

seriously bro, if you don't have a good base that means either your diet sucks, your training sucks, you haven't been training very long, or a combination of the three, that's why you need a base

taking steroids without a base is kinda like trying to take Calculus 3 without ever having learned algebra, you're not going to get very far

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    because steroids should be considered after proper diet and training are in place and effective and the natural limit is approached, if someone doesn't have a good base and wants to cycle they are out of sequence and will likely not achieve the long term goals they have in mind.

Big
    good answer as always Phate, you answered while I was still typing.

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    of course you don't need a base, steroids are what you use to make up for lack of training and a poor diet

seriously bro, if you don't have a good base that means either your diet sucks, your training sucks, you haven't been training very long, or a combination of the three, that's why you need a base

taking steroids without a base is kinda like trying to take Calculus 3 without ever having learned algebra, you're not going to get very far
    LOL love it!

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    well, wait to have some pros give you the technical stuff why but... think of it like this... if you bought a car and started to add high performance parts to it but the breaks were not up graded or the exhaust - what you were adding to the car would be good but you going to cause other issues it would be better to build your "car" with a good base then add nittros oxide... hope that makes sence?

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    good answer as always Phate, you answered while I was still typing.
    finally , this is a first

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    there you go!!!!

oneshot is offline Anabolic Member
    ^^ yup yup. why bother taking drugs to get bigger if there is plenty of room for improvement without them?

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    well, wait to have some pros give you the technical stuff why but... think of it like this... if you bought a car and started to add high performance parts to it but the breaks were not up graded or the exhaust - what you were adding to the car would be good but you going to cause other issues it would be better to build your "car" with a good base then add nittros oxide... hope that makes sence?
    Errrr! nice comparison. Hehehe...

T-MOS is offline Educate B4 You Medicate~HOF~RIP Our Brother~
    Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post

Well said !!!!!

and because if you don't know how to grow on your own first, then you will be wasting the gains you may make from steroids, because you won't know how to keep the gains when your not on steroids

they aren't magic.....

You don't build a mansion on bamboo sticks!! your foundation is what EVERYTHING else rests on, so weak foundation, then weak building

jbm
    It's like eating without chewing and tasting the food!
    LOL! am I making sense? LOL!

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbm View Post
    That is literally THE MOST CONFUSING THING i have EVER read in my whole entire life... SERIOUSLY !!

Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce;4438***
    That is literally THE MOST CONFUSING THING i have EVER read in my whole entire life... SERIOUSLY !!
    So Deuce, i take it that's a no

jbm
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deuce;4438***
    LOL!
    Cheers...

I know why A good base is needed but that analogy has my MIND turning in ways I never thought it could.. either I am too tired or I need to go eat something... or I should go right back to the Gym and do Squats til I puke.... because my head is spinning so bad from that...

I have worked out for like 4 or 5 years straight. then I started taking breaks here and there for about 3 to 4 years. the longest break without lifting was a year. It doesn't take me long to get pretty close to where I was when I peaked. But I have been lifting again for a couple months now and my diet is the best its ever been. I am still growing but I know I am going to peak soon. SO... soon I am going to start my cycle. It's not a big one, in fact most people say its too small. about half a gram a week for 10 weeks. So if the only thing I am sacrificing is limiting how much I gain on this cycle by not being at my peak now, then that's fine. I want to be able to get another cycle in before summer is over. you guys think I am crazy or have any good input for me?

500 mgs for 10 weeks is ok... 500 mgs for 12 would be better... Learn as much as you can before you stick yourself. Know what you are getting into. Learn about pct and adhere to it. Stick around here. Ask questions. Eat. Lift. Cardio. Stay away from sodium. Drink water. Protein protein protein. Use a long acting ester for your first time. Enan or cyp. And be safe. Educate before you medicate. We are here for you, even if we bust ya balls.

yeah im guessing i have a lot to learn cuz they're always getting busted lol. I have PCT and all that worked out. I am just following pheendos PCT and im doing first 9 weeks deca 200mg/week and first 10 weeks test enanthate 250mg/week, then nothing 2 weeks then start PCT.

So is not getting as far while on my cycle the only downside to not being at my peak when starting?

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    Is this your first cycle? If so stay away from the Deca . Do yourself a favor and read up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Is this your first cycle? If so stay away from the Deca. Do yourself a favor and read up.
    third

jbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    Is this your first cycle? If so stay away from the Deca. Do yourself a favor and read up.
    Agreed! no Deca ....

Agreed! no Deca....
    third

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    There is a reason it's called the "dark side" when you take the plunge. Once you get a taste of workouts on a reasonable cycle, everything else afterwards will seem like shit in comparison when you are off. Without a base, this would make it even worse when you lose tons of size / strength after cycle.

This leads to doing more drugs at later dates and creates a perpetual mindset that you HAVE to take gear to get where you want to go.

The emotional baggage that many of us carry is not something often discussed, but be prepared for anything and everything to happen from pure exuberance in the weight room to depression when you come off.

This is a HUGE reason I don't think anyone but an adult has the right understanding of their personality and tendencies to make an informed decision.

Best of luck.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by phate View Post

taking steroids without a base is kinda like trying to take calculus 3 without ever having learned algebra, you're not going to get very far
    c-6 bingo!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by legobricks View Post
    c-6 bingo!!!!!!
    lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    *nitrous

that's actually not a good example but I get what you're trying to say lol.
    Last edited by garythompson; 02-17-2009 at 04:02 AM.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    what are you trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by daem;443***2
    There is a reason it's called the "dark side" when you take the plunge. Once you get a taste of workouts on a reasonable cycle, everything else afterwards will seem like shit in comparison when you are off. Without a base, this would make it even worse when you lose tons of size / strength after cycle.

This leads to doing more drugs at later dates and creates a perpetual mindset that you HAVE to take gear to get where you want to go.

The emotional baggage that many of us carry is not something often discussed, but be prepared for anything and everything to happen from pure exuberance in the weight room to depression when you come off.

This is a HUGE reason I don't think anyone but an adult has the right understanding of their personality and tendencies to make an informed decision.

Best of luck.
    I know how shitty you feel when coming off. sometimes its kinda hard to stay lifting.

I'm going to use juice for the same thing everyone here is going to use it for, to get bigger and stronger and look better. The only difference is that I have different goals. I don't want to be over 200lbs of muscles or a body builder. I understand that is a lifestyle, not something you can incorperate in my already lifestyle. I'm not willing to change my whole life for this. I just want to be a little bigger and stronger. so I am going to use it a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    what are you trying to say?
    I'm not at my peak again yet and I'm about to start a cycle.

Ive came to the conclusion that its not NEEDED, but the more plateaued you are the more you will benefit from the cycle while you are on it because you will spend the whole cycle getting bigger instead of getting bigger on the part you could of already been ahead on.

XNathan is offline Associate Member
    Everythink si relative you have to compare to somethink. But yes ist better to have base in training, nutrition and overall knowledge then use this powerfull hormones like party pills just to be bigger and stronger for people around and have good feeling from yourself.

This is question what show me your inner mind set. And my best advise is... Dont use them! Wait and think!

Quote Originally Posted by XNathan View Post
    Everythink si relative you have to compare to somethink. But yes ist better to have base in training, nutrition and overall knowledge then use this powerfull hormones like party pills just to be bigger and stronger for people around and have good feeling from yourself.

This is question what show me your inner mind set. And my best advise is... Dont use them! Wait and think!
    well my best advice is....Learn how to write english! Wait and think!

It's not a question about relevance. I have enough time in at the gym to know what i'm doing there. I have my diet straight. The only thing I was asking about was, is a good base NEEDED before starting a cycle. Not "base" as in a point of relevance.

Big

Red face

well my best advice is....Learn how to write english! Wait and think!

It's not a question about relevance. I have enough time in at the gym to know what i'm doing there. I have my diet straight. The only thing I was asking about was, is a good base NEEDED before starting a cycle. Not "base" as in a point of relevance.
    keep in mind that many of our members don't use English as their primary language, and they are trying to help aside from any communication differences and language barriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    keep in mind that many of our members don't use English as their primary language,
    HUH??

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by big View Post
    keep in mind that many of our members don't use english as their primary language, and they are trying to help aside from any communication differences and language barriers.
    那是不错。 我不知道什麼您唬弄设法說。

murphylee is offline Associate Member
    iay peaksay niay igpay atinlay ostlymay

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I dont even workout anymore. I been drinking winny for 6 months and put on 30lbs.

Ozzy is offline Senior Member
    If I did a cycle an just started working out....I would be set up for a huge let down! Everyone or most everyone thinks gear is a miracle drug when in reality ...food is the miracle drug. Cracks me up when I see bro's posting there pics of before and after and they look the same. LOL

i worked out religiously for 5 years straight then went off and on for a couple years and now been back in it for several months. I'm almost to the same I was when i hit my peak. So i'm pretty much is my best shape again, just not quite 100% there yet. so I think i'm ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information