tinytom777 is offline Associate Member

HCG - general opinions, how do you use it?

So I would like anyone's an everyone's views about there own personal use of HCG , how do you use it?!!!
    Do you use it on cycle and for pct? just for pct?

I would like some opinions as to how people themselves use it as people seem to be divided on the subject!

oh and vit E to help absorption of hcg is that inj or is it ok in oral form?

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I use in the space between my last injection and the beginning of my pct.

I take it IM.

johnnybigguns is offline Banned
    What kind of cycle are you considering. I think it should be based off that

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    Quote Originally Posted by MMArmour View Post
    I use in the space between my last injection and the beginning of my pct.

I take it IM.
    ditto.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybigguns View Post
    What kind of cycle are you considering. I think it should be based off that
    I think this was a more appropriate answer so far....

test e 500mg 1-12
    deca 400mg 1 - 11
    d-bol 30mg 1 - 4
    hcg 3-12 500iu weekly????

so no one with experience with using it whilst on cycle?

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizz28 View Post
    I think this was a more appropriate answer so far....
    ya. if he didnt ask for personal experience and uses. Not how he should use it.

thanks MM, it was a general question as to how others have used it and not advise as to how to use it for myself, but thanks for replying anyway!

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    There are some great HCG stickies in the PCT forum.

bmit is offline Member
    I think it is a good idea to use HCG during cycle to keep the gonads working. But you will find many with a contrary opinion

yes, i agree, i have personally used hcg on cycle to keep the boys happy, i was merely looking for others personal experiance as many are divided!

Sherman01 is offline Associate Member
    With Tren in my cycle I use it throughout my whole cycle right up to PCT. 250mg EOD works well for me. I would use it during a cycle that has Tren or Deca for sure. Otherwise for sure use it after your last injection and before PCT for other cycles. This is my first cycle using it and most people say it helps a lot with a good recovery.

My cycle is:
    Test Prop 500/wk
    Masteron 500/wk
    Tren Ace 350/wk (though I am prolly closer to 400-425 a week cause I always slightly over pull with the needle)
    Pramipexole for Prolactin (similar to caber) .5 ed
    Adex .25eod
    HCG 250 EOD

I am a swinger so keeping the twig and berries in good working order are an absolute must for me.

Its cheap enough, so easy to use and inject I can't imagine not using it every cycle now.

Now if I only had the cash to afford HGH! Roflmao~
    Last edited by Sherman01; 02-27-2009 at 06:40 PM.

hey cheers for that! yeah is nice and cheep and easy to use, but i have heard that using it long term as on a cycle that it can de-sensitize you to LH and when your natural LH returns to normal that it won't be as affective, has anyone else heard of this?

bene7422 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tinytom777 View Post
    hey cheers for that! yeah is nice and cheep and easy to use, but i have heard that using it long term as on a cycle that it can de-sensitize you to LH and when your natural LH returns to normal that it won't be as affective, has anyone else heard of this?
    yea it can happen if you use to much for a prolonged period of time.the best way to run hcg is through your cycle and discontinue 2 weeks before pct.the reason is because your body won't start producing it's natural test until the hcg has cleared your system which is 2 weeks however I notice alot of people don't understand that and think that running it in pct is the right way which it's not. I run 250iu every 4th day on cycle.

Sherman01 is offline Associate Member
    Aye from what I have read its basically if your using too much HCG .

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Quote Originally Posted by MMArmour View Post
    ya. if he didnt ask for personal experience and uses. Not how he should use it.
    well in that case... I usually use about 1000iu EOD for the first 3 weeks of my PCT then continue on with the Novla for a total of 5 - 7 weeks depending on cycle. I don't bother using it during cycle because it's a waste of time...I don't care about the size of my nuts and I don't really care if I become sterile during it (the cycle), the latter can come in handy during those oops times

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz28 View Post
    well in that case... I usually use about 1000iu EOD for the first 3 weeks of my PCT then continue on with the Novla for a total of 5 - 7 weeks depending on cycle. I don't bother using it during cycle because it's a waste of time...I don't care about the size of my nuts and I don't really care if I become sterile during it (the cycle), the latter can come in handy during those oops times
    lol each to his own! personally i have my nuts shrinking, big issue when i cycle!

so hows about this then for my pct and cycle?

test e - 500mg 1-12
    deca - 400mg 1-11
    dbol 40mg 1-4

going to use hcg on cycle at 250i.u every 4th day as bene recommended
    then discontinue 2 weeks b4 pct..

nolva 40,30,20,10
    clomid 100,50,50,25
    aromasin 25,25,25,25

shall i add vitamin E to cycle as heard this helps with absorption of hcg?

oh and stats lol

height: 5'9
    weight: 180pounds
    bf: 10%
    time training - 4 years
    no of cycles: 2 - last cycle included deca and shut me down pretty hard so just looking for aggressive pct this time round

so guys, oppinions?!!! cheers

bump?

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    i run 500 IUs every 5 days during cycle..ive found out from my bloodwork that I recover way faster when I use it during cycle than when I dont..stop 2 weeks before you want to start your PCT too

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814 View Post
    i run 500 IUs every 5 days during cycle..ive found out from my bloodwork that I recover way faster when I use it during cycle than when I dont..stop 2 weeks before you want to start your PCT too
    woo hoo nice answer, one thing when do i start the hcg 2 weeks into my cycle i heard?

got test? is offline Member
    I really enjoyed this post from a dr.
    I actually saved it so I could help ppl find answers such as yourself. I know you wanted to know how we do it, but this is a general statement.

I advise my AAS patients to use small amounts of HCG (250IU to 500IU) two days each week, right from the beginning of the cycle. This serves to maintain testicular form and function. It makes more sense to me to keep the horse in the barn, so to speak, then to have to chase it across three counties later on. I am also a big fan of maintaining estrogen within physiological ranges. Both therapies have been shown to hasten recovery.

Any more than 500IU of HCG per day causes too much aromatase activity. Some feel aromatase is actually toxic to the Leydig cells of the testes. You are then inducing primary hypogonadism (which is permanent) while treating steroid -induced secondary (hypogonadotrophic) hypogonadism (which is temporary--hopefully).

If 250IU or 500IU on two days each week isn’t enough to stave off testicular atrophy, then I recommend using it more days each week (as opposed to taking larger doses). In fact, I wouldn’t mind having a guy use 250IU per day ALL THROUGH the cycle. Those that have tell me they thus avoid that edgy, burned-out feeling they usually get. They also say they simply feel better each day. Subjective reports, to be sure, but they are hard not to appreciate. Especially when HCG is so inexpensive.

The testes are then ready, willing and able to again produce testosterone at the end of the cycle. LH levels rise fairly rapidly, but endogenous testosterone production is limited by lack of use. I also want to make sure a SERM, such as Clomid or Nolvadex , is at effective serum dosage (around 100mg QD for Clomid, 20-40mg QD for Nolvadex) when serum androgen levels drop to a concentration roughly equal to 200mg of testosterone per week. That is when androgenic inhibition at the HP no longer dominates over estrogenic antagonism with respect to inducing LH production. Of course, if the fellow has been doing Clomid or Nolvadex all along the way (and I now prefer Nolvadex over Clomid, due to the possibility of negative sides from the Clomid), he is all set to simply continue it at the end (no need to switch from one to the other). BTW, I see no evidence of any benefit in using BOTH SERM’s at the same time. I used to think a couple of weeks of the SERM was enough; now I like to see an entire month after the last shot of AAS (and migration of long to short esters as the cycle matures). Tapering the SERM is probably a good idea during the last week, as well.

I want my patients to stop taking HCG within a week after the end of the cycle. The testosterone production it induces will further inhibit recovery, as will using Androgel , or any other testosterone preparation, while in recovery. There is no escaping this, as there is no such thing as a “bridge”. Just because you are not inhibiting the HPTA for the entire 24 hours does not mean you are not suppressing it at all. IOW, you can’t “fool” the body—it is smarter than you are.

I like Arimidex during the cycle (in fact, consider use of an AI while taking aromatisables a necessity) but it ABSOLUTELY should not be used post cycle (even though it has been shown to increase LH production) because the risk of driving estrogen too low, and therefore further damaging an already compromised Lipid Profile, is too great (this also drives libido back into the ground—and we don’t want that, do we?).

now that my friend is a good post!!!

briancb1 is offline Member
    Whoa awesome post. I'll drop my Arimidex during my next pct and see how it goes.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by got test? View Post
    I really enjoyed this post from a dr.
    I actually saved it so I could help ppl find answers such as yourself. I know you wanted to know how we do it, but this is a general statement.

I advise my AAS patients to use small amounts of HCG (250IU to 500IU) two days each week, right from the beginning of the cycle. This serves to maintain testicular form and function. It makes more sense to me to keep the horse in the barn, so to speak, then to have to chase it across three counties later on. I am also a big fan of maintaining estrogen within physiological ranges. Both therapies have been shown to hasten recovery.

Any more than 500IU of HCG per day causes too much aromatase activity. Some feel aromatase is actually toxic to the Leydig cells of the testes. You are then inducing primary hypogonadism (which is permanent) while treating steroid -induced secondary (hypogonadotrophic) hypogonadism (which is temporary--hopefully).

If 250IU or 500IU on two days each week isn’t enough to stave off testicular atrophy, then I recommend using it more days each week (as opposed to taking larger doses). In fact, I wouldn’t mind having a guy use 250IU per day ALL THROUGH the cycle. Those that have tell me they thus avoid that edgy, burned-out feeling they usually get. They also say they simply feel better each day. Subjective reports, to be sure, but they are hard not to appreciate. Especially when HCG is so inexpensive.

The testes are then ready, willing and able to again produce testosterone at the end of the cycle. LH levels rise fairly rapidly, but endogenous testosterone production is limited by lack of use. I also want to make sure a SERM, such as Clomid or Nolvadex , is at effective serum dosage (around 100mg QD for Clomid, 20-40mg QD for Nolvadex) when serum androgen levels drop to a concentration roughly equal to 200mg of testosterone per week. That is when androgenic inhibition at the HP no longer dominates over estrogenic antagonism with respect to inducing LH production. Of course, if the fellow has been doing Clomid or Nolvadex all along the way (and I now prefer Nolvadex over Clomid, due to the possibility of negative sides from the Clomid), he is all set to simply continue it at the end (no need to switch from one to the other). BTW, I see no evidence of any benefit in using BOTH SERM’s at the same time. I used to think a couple of weeks of the SERM was enough; now I like to see an entire month after the last shot of AAS (and migration of long to short esters as the cycle matures). Tapering the SERM is probably a good idea during the last week, as well.

I want my patients to stop taking HCG within a week after the end of the cycle. The testosterone production it induces will further inhibit recovery, as will using Androgel, or any other testosterone preparation, while in recovery. There is no escaping this, as there is no such thing as a “bridge”. Just because you are not inhibiting the HPTA for the entire 24 hours does not mean you are not suppressing it at all. IOW, you can’t “fool” the body—it is smarter than you are.

I like Arimidex during the cycle (in fact, consider use of an AI while taking aromatisables a necessity) but it ABSOLUTELY should not be used post cycle (even though it has been shown to increase LH production) because the risk of driving estrogen too low, and therefore further damaging an already compromised Lipid Profile, is too great (this also drives libido back into the ground—and we don’t want that, do we?).

Interesting, when he says "end of cycle" does he mean the last injection or when the steroid is gone (for example Test-e is a 2 week window after the last injection before PCT).

The way I was going to do it is, last 2 weeks of cycle and first 2 weeks after last injection (right after that my PCT starts)

got test? is offline Member
    I would say until the gear reaches the end of its half life. (3 days after prop) ect. That is just my assumption though.

elvis1280 is offline New Member
    As the member just said the half lives of each steroid are different and determine the use and time of your hcg . I have always waited for at least two weeks for my first 5000 iu injection, followed by another a week later

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    sub q works too.

Thread Information