Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Headliner

Thread: Measuring out proper dose in a syringe

Headliner is offline Junior Member

Measuring out proper dose in a syringe

Ok, I was just googling for about an hour, and apparently I fail at the internet. Anyways I can't seem to find/understand the proper way to measure using a syringe.

When withdrawing from the vial, do you want to line the oil to the tip of the plunger(number 2), or to the line of the plunger(number 1)?

Also, when you withdraw oil to the 1ml mark with the needle still attached (no air in the drawn portion), is that actually 1 ml of liquid? Or, do you need to pull back air until the liquid is lined up with the bottom marking of the syringe (number 3), removing the liquid from the needle section. This concerns me the most as this could actually be a measurable amount of gear especially when injecting several times a week.

*see below picture for number references*

Thanks.

Last edited by Headliner; 04-16-2009 at 02:41 PM.
    DethKlok likes this.

anyone?

aestheticmind is offline Associate Member
    EDIT - i just found contrary information, so i am going to back out of this one.

THIS

against

THIS
    Last edited by aestheticmind; 04-16-2009 at 09:49 AM.

yeah thats what I found too.. thanks anyways. Anyone else?

kdizzog is offline Associate Member
    Your talking about a very small amount of liquid. Just get to the line and do it the same every time you draw.

captaincharles747 is offline Junior Member
    I would say to go 1ml at the top of the plunger and the line. Always draw and take out all of the air!

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro the difference between 1 and 2 is so minute that it doesn't matter.

Just get the the top line of the plunger lined up with 1 ml. Not rocket science my friend, its like filling a measuring cup with water.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    its hard to understand what you are talking about. drawing 1ml of test into a syringe isnt rocket science.

Crest is offline Senior Member
    in layman's terms pull the plunger until the liquid reaches (1)

Lightsout2184 is offline Senior Member
    hopefully he puts this much thought into his diet

Quote Originally Posted by kdizzog View Post
    Your talking about a very small amount of liquid. Just get to the line and do it the same every time you draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincharles747 View Post
    I would say to go 1ml at the top of the plunger and the line. Always draw and take out all of the air!
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Soldier View Post
    Bro the difference between 1 and 2 is so minute that it doesn't matter.

Just get the the top line of the plunger lined up with 1 ml. Not rocket science my friend, its like filling a measuring cup with water.
    actually, using up to twice a day, for an extended peroid of time, can add up to a fair amount of gear. Anyways that's besides the point, 1 of of the 2 places to measure from is correct, and all I want to know is which one. Need to ask a nurse or something I guess :s.

Interesting though that with all these AAS users on this board and have yet to get a correct answer. Not to knock you guys or anything, because I'm just guessing and using the line on the top of the plunger(number 2) as well, just curious as to which line is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    its hard to understand what you are talking about. drawing 1ml of test into a syringe isnt rocket science.
    Yeah my question dealing with the line on the bottom of the syringe (number 3) is a little confusing. If I could find my camera cord I'd make it a lot more clear, let me try again.

There is 2 pieces, the needle, and the syringe. When you withdraw your gear from the vial, the needle section(twist off part) of the syringe+needle apparatus actually holds about 0.2ml of liquid. So withdrawing up to the 1ml mark on the syringe, with the needle still attached, actually is 1.2ml I believe.

What I do is insert the syringe with needle attached into the vial(duh), draw the oil to the .8ml line(no air in this portion), withdraw syringe+needle from vial and suck up air to get the liquid out of the needle portion(lining the gear up to the first marking on the syringe [number 3]). This would then read approx 1ml on the syringe. At this time I would twist off the needle, replace it with a new one, squeeze out air, and inject. Is this correct?

anyone?

lord henry is offline Scammer&Liar
    draw oil into syringe (untill around the 1ml mark)

pull pin from vail

hold plunger upside down(pin pointing upwards)

swap pin

pull plunger right back then push it back up untill a drop of oil runs down the pin

your ready to inject .

wow if you dont know how to measure 1ml of oil in a syringe then -well am saying no more.

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
    actually, using up to twice a day, for an extended peroid of time, can add up to a fair amount of gear. Anyways that's besides the point, 1 of of the 2 places to measure from is correct, and all I want to know is which one. Need to ask a nurse or something I guess :s.

Interesting though that with all these AAS users on this board and have yet to get a correct answer. Not to knock you guys or anything, because I'm just guessing and using the line on the top of the plunger(number 2) as well, just curious as to which line is correct.

Yeah my question dealing with the line on the bottom of the syringe (number 3) is a little confusing. If I could find my camera cord I'd make it a lot more clear, let me try again.

There is 2 pieces, the needle, and the syringe. When you withdraw your gear from the vial, the needle section(twist off part) of the syringe+needle apparatus actually holds about 0.2ml of liquid. So withdrawing up to the 1ml mark on the syringe, with the needle still attached, actually is 1.2ml I believe.

What I do is insert the syringe with needle attached into the vial(duh), draw the oil to the .8ml line(no air in this portion), withdraw syringe+needle from vial and suck up air to get the liquid out of the needle portion(lining the gear up to the first marking on the syringe [number 3]). This would then read approx 1ml on the syringe. At this time I would twist off the needle, replace it with a new one, squeeze out air, and inject. Is this correct?

Bro are you serious?

Use the top part of the plunger (not the pointy part but the line edge) aka #1 on your stupid picture, line it up to 1ML. You are going to lose gear everytime you draw just deal with it.

Damn bro you make it seem like you are trying to launch a space mission.

stpete is offline Banned
    I always draw to the bottom of the plunger, or mark #2 in your pic.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by aestheticmind View Post
    EDIT - i just found contrary information, so i am going to back out of this one.

THIS

against

THIS
    those say the same thing. I don't even see where any confusion can come from, you have an increment marked on the syringe, you draw the fluid till it reaches that increment.

aestheticmind is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    those say the same thing. I don't even see where any confusion can come from, you have an increment marked on the syringe, you draw the fluid till it reaches that increment.
    theyre not... the end of the plunger is shaped like a cone. his question is, when looking at the measurement dashes, should you draw until the edge hits the line, or keep drawing until the bottom of the cone hits the dash mark.

the amount that could fill that space is negligible so just do what feels right and everything will be ok

roserose is offline Associate Member
    Push a little air into the vial via the syringe, draw out desired amount of compound, remove needle from vial. Yea!

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    PT, agree-use the line not the tip of the plunger
    come on bro...

Thread Information