Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eyeothetiger is offline Associate Member

Question Best size needle to shoot in arse from your experience fellas?

Hi fellas, yeah I'm using 21 gauge 1.5 " at the moment to shoot into my glutes. I alternate every 3.5 days.

I was advised to buy the 21 gauge but now don't think this was the best advice hey?. Injections are still more than bearable but can't helping thinking they could be even easier. I'm only 2 weeks into my 12 week cycle so want to be as comfortable as poss naturally.

Before anyone says "search the threads" etc I am asking as I like to judge for myself the answers I receive and hear from first hand experience.

Any help much appreciated - cheers.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I use 18 to draw and 23 1.5 to shoot in the glutes. I can barely feel it.

Cool, yeah I draw and shoot with 21g 1.5", I draw from amps so don't change needle. I'm just careful of any glass as I am of every aspect of procedure.

So is a 25g 1" pushing it?, don't get me wrong either it's not like painful at mo I just want it to be as easy as possible because in time I will move onto pinning myself. Spose ultimately I'm looking for smallest possible needle that will still do the job well, oh by the way I'm no lard arse either so length shouldn't be problem :-).

If you are not changing out the needle then this is your problem. The needle dulls when it goes into the vial from drawing.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    If you are not changing out the needle then this is your problem. The needle dulls when it goes into the vial from drawing.
    he's using amps.
    25ga 1" is ok for glutes as long as your bf% is low. I like 23ga 1.5" for glutes and 25ga 1" for everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    he's using amps.
    Ah ok. I did not see that in his post.
    Last edited by Tigershark; 06-17-2009 at 01:01 PM.

GrimmReaper is offline Senior Member
    25g 1.5 inch for me, I just dont go as deep in the areas other than my glutes. Works just fine....you can always heat the oil up under warm tap water so it will shoot easier.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    Yeh I think that is the consensus I use 23ga 1.5" for my glutes too! When my doctor gave me my first 2 shots, she used 25ga 1" takes a long time though

Ok thanks for that, friend who advised me wasn't that far off then so suppose I'll let him off. 23's here I come though as it's alot better if you are able to shoot yourself too hey, never know when someone wont be available and if that happens I'd be f**ked at mo.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    You should gradually become comfortable shooting other spots as well. You may want to run short esters shooting ed at some point and the extra injection areas will come in handy.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    21 gauge.... ouch!

atleast a 23 gauge - I prefer 24"

c-Z
    c-Z is offline Educate B4 You Medicate (RIP T)
    Yeah 21 gauge sounds rough man..... I use 23 gauge 1 1/2. I don't swap needles. I don't feel a thing.

Thread Information