layman is offline New Member

Main sides of Anavar below 25?

Hey i read up every day on this site, i had intention of taking anuy gear for a while. But then i read about anavar so much and how it doesn't shut down htpa.... so was wondering what are the sides (or pssible) of taking this drug (in a stand alone cycle) when someone is under 25?
    This is very expensive and is is worth the gains (strentgh not size)?

Also i tried to read this........
    Though Anavar doesn't stop your HPTA, it inhibits it.

1: Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 1997 Feb;46(2):209-16 Related Articles, Books, LinkOut

Effect of low dose oxandrolone and testosterone treatment on the pituitary-testicular and gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - axes in boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty.

Crowne EC, Wallace WH, Moore C, Mitchell R, Robertson WH, Holly JM, Shalet SM.

Department of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital Trust, Manchester, UK.

OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effect of low dose oxandrolone and testosterone on the pituitary-testicular and gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - -IGF-I axes. DESIGN: Prospective double-blind placebo-controlled trial. PATIENTS: Sixteen boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty (CDGP) with testicular volumes 4-6 ml were randomized to 3 months treatment: Group 1 (n = 5), daily placebo: Group 2 (n = 5), 2.5 mg oxandrolone daily or Group 3 (n = 6), 50 mg testosterone monthly intramuscular injections with assessment (growth, pubertal development and overnight hormone profiles) at 0, 3, 6 and 12 months. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: lh - leutenizing hormone - and gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - profiles (15-minute samples) were analysed by peak detection (Pulsar), Fourier transformation and autocorrelation. Testosterone levels were measured hourly and insulin , sex hormone binding globulin , IGF-I, and IGFBP-3 levels at 0800 h. Statistical analysis was by multivariate analysis of variance for repeated measures. RESULTS: lh - leutenizing hormone - and testosterone parameters increased significantly with time in all 16 (lh - leutenizing hormone - AUC, P < 0.001; peak amplitude, P = 0.02; number of peaks, P = 0.02; testosterone AUC, P = 0.02; morning testosterone, P = 0.002). In Group 2, however, lh - leutenizing hormone - and testosterone parameters decreased at 3 months followed by a rebound increase at 6 and 12 months. sex hormone binding globulin levels were markedly reduced at 3 months (P = 0.006) and a wider range of dominant gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - frequencies was present although gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - AUC was not increased until 6 months, with an increase in gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - pulse frequency but not amplitude. IGF-I levels were increased at both 3 and 12 months. In Group 3, pituitary-testicular suppression was not apparent, but gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - levels increased with an increase in gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - amplitude at 3 and 12 months. CONCLUSION: Oxandrolone transiently suppressed the pituitary-testicular axis and altered gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - pulsatility. Testosterone increased gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - via amplitude modulation.

Publication Types:
    Clinical trial
    Randomized controlled trial
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

J Pediatr 1979 Apr;94(4):657-62 Related Articles, Books, LinkOut

The effect of synthetic androgens on the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis in boys with constitutionally dela growth.

Hopwood NJ, Kelch RP, Zipf WB, Hernandez RJ.

Serial concentrations of basal serum lh - leutenizing hormone - , FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - , testosterone, and lh - leutenizing hormone - and FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - responses to intravenous gonadotropin-releasing hormone were measured before and during six months of administration of fluoxymesterone or oxandrolone in 14 boys with constitutionally dela growth and adolescence, in order to assess the effects of these androgens on maturation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis. Before therapy all boys had normal hormonal responses based on bone age. At the end of six months therapy 10 of the 14 boys had lower lh - leutenizing hormone - responses (34 to 89% reduction) to GnRH without consistent changes in FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - responses. With both androgens, there there was significant suppression of both basal serum FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - and testosterone. Eleven boys were restudied six months after completion of therapy; basal serum lh - leutenizing hormone - , FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - , and testosterone and responses to GnRH were equal to or greater than pretreatment levels, indicating recovery or progressive maturation of the HPGA. All boys had increased growth velocity and imporved weight gain without excessive bone age advancement; all had improved psychosocial adjustment.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

1: Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 1993 Apr;38(4):393-8 Related Articles, Books, LinkOut

The effects of oxandrolone on the growth hormone and gonadal axes in boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty.

Malhotra A, Poon E, Tse WY, Pringle PJ, Hindmarsh PC, Brook CG.

Endocrine Unit, Middlesex Hospital, London, UK.

OBJECTIVE: We studied the effects of oxandrolone on serum concentrations of lh - leutenizing hormone - , FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - , testosterone, gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - , sex hormone binding globulin , DHEAS, IGF-I and insulin in boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty. DESIGN: Ten boys with constitutional delay of growth and puberty, mean age 13.8 years (range 12.4-15.5) were studied. Twenty-four-hour serum concentration profiles of gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - , lh - leutenizing hormone - and FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - were constructed by drawing blood samples at 20-minute intervals. Three study occasions over a period of 6 months were chosen to assess hormone concentrations before, during and 6 weeks after a 3-month course of oxandrolone (2.5 mg once daily) therapy. RESULTS: Growth velocity increased during oxandrolone treatment and sta higher after therapy (pre 3.9 +/- 0.5; on 6.3 +/- 0.8; post 6.4 +/- 0.9 cm/year (mean +/- SEM) two way ANOVA, F = 5.3, P = 0.02). Oxandrolone had androgenic effects, suppressing mean serum lh - leutenizing hormone - concentrations from 1.7 +/- 0.3 to 1.1 +/- 0.2 U/I and serum testosterone concentrations from 1.9 +/- 0.6 to 0.8 +/- 0.1 nmol/l. sex hormone binding globulin concentrations were also reduced from 130.9 +/- 14.6 to 30.7 +/- 7.3 nmol/l. Serum gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - concentration fell slightly from 5.9 +/- 0.6 to 4.8 +/- 0.5 mU/l. After cessation of treatment, there was a significant 'rebound' in mean 24-hour serum lh - leutenizing hormone - (2.6 U/l +/- 0.4) and testosterone concentrations (3.2 +/- 0.9 nmol/l) but no change in serum gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - concentrations. sex hormone binding globulin values also rose but not to the same extent as those observed before therapy (82.0 +/- 8.4 nmol/l). There were no statistically significant differences in serum concentrations of FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - , DHEAS, IGF-I and insulin over the study period. In a stepwise multiple regression analysis of factors that might influence the growth rate observed, the 24-hour mean serum testosterone concentration and the treatment (on or off) with oxandrolone were the main influences. The relationship was described by the equation Height velocity = 0.69 (24-hour mean serum testosterone concentration)+1.70 (treatment regimen)+3.37 (adjusted R2 = 0.35, F = 8.39, P = 0.001). CONCLUSIONS: Oxandrolone has an androgenic action as shown by changes in serum lh - leutenizing hormone - , testosterone and sex hormone binding globulin concentrations and by the lack of effect on FSH - follicle stimulating hormone - . No effect of oxandrolone on the gh - growth hormone (somatropin) - axis was doented. We suggest that the growth promoting effects of oxandrolone are related in part to the mild androgenic effects of the steroid and the growth acceleration following oxandrolone withdrawal may reflect increasing total serum testosterone concentrations and decreasing levels of sex hormone binding globulin and progress in puberty.

As you can see - yes it can be harmful as any drug - and for a 5 pound gain (Which you can make in one months' time naturally) is pointless.

But i actually can't understand all of it, mainly just how much the difference in the figures is considered harmful and would your hpta recover after a certain amount of time? How long would this take

Juturna is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Glad you read my post. Anavar is as stated - not going to suppress, but rather inhibit your HPTA.

Are you talking about only the side effects to your HPTA? Or all sides?

Blog Entries
    Anavar is a very mild steroid and more information regarding the compound can be found here; Anabolic Review Steroid Profile: Anavar (Oxandrolone) .

Though it's mild regarding your HPTA - being under 25 and involving yourself in any AAS still affects your HPTA, liver etc., though Anavar IS known to be the most mild compound.

What are your goals? If you explain them I can help you figure out if it's 'worth it' or not.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    If your suppressing your HPTA before its fully functional you are taking a risk of damage, var is mild but suppression is still there and ive seen people cause themselves heartache from starting to young, i can not say using var will not do your own hormonal system any harm and I can say it will but there is a risk.

Many young newbies dont listen and just jump on cycle but regret it when things go wrong, my guessing is your diet is not in order and you could achieve yours goals via diet.Use what you have naturally and thats a very high amount of testosterone , couple that with a basic diet and training program and dont touch AAS until your 24-25yrs old.

MYWHEY is offline Junior Member
    I ran Anavar during a cut, I loved it to be honest but I wish it was cheaper. I didn't notice massive gains but enough to be happy, my physique was always rock hard and just generally felt better (I was running 100mg ED + 400mg Test per week). I did 5 weeks on Anavar and 3-4 weeks on Stanozolol (again at 100mg ED) and to be honest I didn't notice too much of a difference, I actually felt like Anavar was a "new and improved" Stanozolol - just another option for you if you wanted to look into anything else. I didn't notice any negative sides with Anavar or Stanozolol at the time, I believe when it comes to joint pains and Stanozolol its after prolonged usage.

hankdiesel is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The main side effect of anavar is an empty wallet.

MYWHEY is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    LOL! This.

Quote Originally Posted by Juturna View Post
    Anavar is a very mild steroid and more information regarding the compound can be found here; Anabolic Review Steroid Profile: Anavar (Oxandrolone) .

Though it's mild regarding your HPTA - being under 25 and involving yourself in any AAS still affects your HPTA, liver etc., though Anavar IS known to be the most mild compound.

What are your goals? If you explain them I can help you figure out if it's 'worth it' or not.
    My goals are to be stronger, i walk around at 160lbs and bench 220lbs for my one rep using proper technique with the pause. But i do combat sports so am not wanting to get too much bigger as i compete at 153lbs. I love the power lifting trains and have had some gains in strentgh since doing so. I just want to get stronger, lift more and more

Quote Originally Posted by hankdiesel View Post
    haha yep thats definitly not debatable

Hay Juturna thanks for the link Anabolic Review Steroid Profile: Anavar (Oxandrolone) , that study says gains will be almost permanent so with a clean diet and pct would the strength gains be kept too?

Blog Entries
    Yes - not all, but some.

How does your diet look?
    How will you run your PCT?

Quote Originally Posted by Juturna View Post
    Yes - not all, but some.

How does your diet look?
    How will you run your PCT?
    My diet i would definitly work on for a bit before i jumped on, If an anavar cycle is run is the recommended pct for just 2 weeks? Nolva 40ed first week then 20ed 2nd week and clomid?

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by layman View Post
    My diet i would definitly work on for a bit before i jumped on, If an anavar cycle is run is the recommended pct for just 2 weeks? Nolva 40ed first week then 20ed 2nd week and clomid?
    I have read that clomid is a better choice for anavar users.
    Why do you think about nolva?

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ View Post
    I have read that clomid is a better choice for anavar users.
    Why do you think about nolva?
    I have read that in many peoples pct after their var only cycles they were planning on taking just clomid but i have seen many suggestions to add nolva in as well. Would taking just clomid make you more likely to get the side affect of mood swings? like being a bit emotional? cause thatd suck taking var and getting some mean aggresion and focus for training then be a lil ***** and not feel like training or be more worried about something else

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by layman View Post
    Hey i read up every day on this site, i had intention of taking anuy gear for a while. But then i read about anavar so much and how it doesn't shut down htpa.... so was wondering what are the sides (or pssible) of taking this drug (in a stand alone cycle) when someone is under 25?
    This is very expensive and is is worth the gains (strentgh not size)?
    I doubt you would see any sides at that dosage. I do think ANAVAR is worth every penny. Great for strength,,lean gains,,hardness.

Thread Information