I posted this question here in the educational thread but not many people check it so I'm posting it here...

Understanding Esters, Active-Life and Half-Life

I wondering about this part in the article...
Active Life versus Half Life

The confusion comes from the 2 terms being used synonymously when they should not be. "Half-life is not a reference for the total time a drug will be found active in the body. It may take several half-lives before the drug is completely inactive."

Half-life: The period of time required for the concentration or amount of drug in the body to be reduced to exactly one-half of a given concentration or amount.

Example: The half-life of anavar is 9 hours+/- (9 hours after oral administration of 50 mg of anavar, 25mg is still present in the body).

Active life: Refers to the period in which the amount of a drug in the body is enough that it will still produce the desired effects for which it was administered. Or conversely, inhibit natural recovery of normal bodily function. It is dose dependent.

Example: The active life of 1,000mg of testosterone decanoate would be more than one month. At day 30 after injection, 250mg or more of this drug would still be present in the body.

If active-life is dose dependent...

Wouldnt a lot of our protocols on when whe start PCT be wrong?

For example say we are running 800mg of Test C per week.
After 12 days according to this you would still have 400mg active in your body...
So that is obviously to much active Test to start PCT...

So what gives?
I have a vet telling me that this article is wrong on another forum?

Your thoughts?