xxterxx is offline Associate Member

Does T4 stops natural production of T4 ?

or it just adds on to convert to T3?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    shuts it down
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

xxterxx is offline Associate Member
    how long will upon stopping the T4 will my natural production be back...

do i need to taper it down like T3 ?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Not real sure, to be honest.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

laduem88 is offline Senior Member
    you dont want t4 you want t3...t4 is more for long term use

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    Hey man, you don't need to taper T3 down. You can just stop.

I prefer using T3 if I'm going to be shutting down my thyroid. I'm assuming you are going to be using the T4 to help w/ your GH cycle? or not so much??

BTW, there have been many studies done where people recover their natural thyroid very, very quickly (almost immediately) (IE) 1 - 2 days, after they discontinue using T3 / T4 (even when using it for very prolonged periods of time.)

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian-Man View Post
    Hey man, you don't need to taper T3 down. You can just stop.

I prefer using T3 if I'm going to be shutting down my thyroid. I'm assuming you are going to be using the T4 to help w/ your GH cycle? or not so much??

BTW, there have been many studies done where people recover their natural thyroid very, very quickly (almost immediately) (IE) 1 - 2 days, after they discontinue using T3 / T4 (even when using it for very prolonged periods of time.)

Hope that helps.
    yes you need to taper t3, everything iv read says you do

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Actually, you could either taper down or immediately discontinue usage. Much the same way you could run a cycle without a pct, but it's not recommended.

Just as in the above example, there may not always be noticeable side effects from immediate cessation, in my opinion, it's always best to take the safer route when you start manipulating hormones.

So, yes, it's best to taper down, especially in doses over 25mcg/ED for a prolonged period, as the HPTA will take up to 8 weeks to stabilize itself. Finally, tapering down aids in the normalization of thyroid function, as well as reducing any possible withdraw symptoms:

T3 augmentation at 25 mcg/d can be discontinued immediately. For 50 to 75 mcg/d, taper across 1 to 2 weeks. The hypothalamic-pituitarythyroid axis returns to normal function 6 to 8 weeks after T3 augmentation is stopped.

http://www.currentpsychiatry.com/pdf...P_Article2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    Actually, you could either taper down or immediately discontinue usage. Much the same way you could run a cycle without a pct, but it's not recommended.

Just as in the above example, there may not always be noticeable side effects from immediate cessation, in my opinion, it's always best to take the safer route when you start manipulating hormones.

So, yes, it's best to taper down, especially in doses over 25mcg/ED for a prolonged period, as the HPTA will take up to 8 weeks to stabilize itself. Finally, tapering down aids in the normalization of thyroid function, as well as reducing any possible withdraw symptoms:
    yea i make sure i gradually go down maybe do 50mcg for a few days and then on my last 2 days on i do 25mcg then get off

Mr.Rose is offline Anabolic Member
    not going against you guys or nothing, I'm interested in this as well, but all the sources i read say that tapering down just means it takes longer for your body to produce its own, as it wont start producing it's own until the last of the synthetic one is out of your body, its better to stop cold turkey, just like we don't advise tapering down roids.

But im interested in which is the best way as im about to come of my t3 and t4 cycle.

Thread Information