mayhemmadness27 is offline New Member

Red face Small athlete looking for gains before D1 college football

Okay, here's my problem. I'm a recruited Division 1 college football player, currently 18.5 years old just about to graduate high school. The school I am going to has a strict drug scanning policy at random throughout the course of the four years there. It's my dream school, I've wanted this so bad my whole life and now it has finally come true, but I was only offered a preferred walk on, and I need to gain weight before I report for try outs. A lot of it. My conundrum starts here. I'm about 165, maybe 170 on a good day, and I need a solid 20-30 pounds of muscle within the next four months before I report at the end of June 2010. When I get there, I'm off the stuff for good. I just need a short run with it, otherwise I'll be breakfast. I have tried to gain weight unsuccessfully trying creatine, mass gainers, NO2, protiens, nothing seems to work for me, and if I do gain about 5 pounds I loose it within a week. I have researched many different options, and I just don't know what to side with, other than caution and being skeptical. I figure I'll need a few things, incliding anti-estrogen, and something post cycle to retain my gains, but I have no idea where to start. I run a 4.6 40 yd, bench 225, parallel squat 315, hang clean 225. I weigh about 165 about 5' 10", I haven't grown since middle school, and have been lifting chronically since I was 13. Can someone please take the time to review my thread and help me out? I would immensely appreciate the time. Thanks.

polly56 is offline Associate Member
    Wait till you get a bit older bro, you have some solid stats wait a couple of years, see how you do then decide from there what you wanna do. Plus 170 isnt that light especailly with ur strength

ThatGuyYeahHim is offline Associate Member
    Tough Call. Young kid.. but perhaps needs AAS to fulfill his dreams.

Can you get into this school without the football?

If not.. I dont know what to say. Honestly you should not be doing it at your age. But honestly I do believe that the end justifies the means.

Can you post a description of your AVERAGE daily diet, a brief description of your workout routine and how many days your working out etc.

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Food.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Food.
    That was my original thought, but obviously the kid has enough talent at his size to get a walk on. If his life, so to speak, depends on gaining muscle/weight, id have to think long and hard about it. He must realise that he needs diet and training in order first or else whats the point? He'd just lose what he gains after. Also he needs to take the gamble if theyre going to test during his first month or two.

Like I said tough call and no one can either say he should or shouldnt do it.

I know Ive cheated and lied at some moments in my life which did actually alter my life (wouldnt have this job if I didnt cheat on an accounting test (I just sucked at it) - and don't actually deal with any numbers in my job!; wouldnt have my wife if I didnt lie on a daily basis :P)

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Here are some meal ideas for you young athlete. The steroids I dunno make your own decision.

MEAL 1
    1-1/2 cups of dry oats mixed with water
    1 banana
    1 cup of egg beaters

MEAL 2
    1 cup chopped Chicken Breast
    200g Sweet potato
    Baby Beans, Carrots, Broccoli mix

MEAL 3
    185g Tuna
    200g Sweet potato
    Carrots, Sweet Corn, Broccoli mix
    1 slice whole grain bread

MEAL 4
    Low Sugar Weight Gainer (2 scoops) mixed with 16 ounces of skim milk and 1 Tablespoon of Flax Oil or Natural Peanut Butter

MEAL 5
    1-1/2 cup of brown rice, or medium sized baked potato, or sweet potato
    2 cups of green beans, broccoli or any other desired vegetable
    6-8 ounces of chicken, turkey, or lean fish

MEAL 6
    Half tub of fat free cottage cheese
    Glass of skim milk

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyYeahHim View Post
    That was my original thought, but obviously the kid has enough talent at his size to get a walk on. If his life, so to speak, depends on gaining muscle/weight, id have to think long and hard about it. He must realise that he needs diet and training in order first or else whats the point? He'd just lose what he gains after. Also he needs to take the gamble if theyre going to test during his first month or two.

Like I said tough call and no one can either say he should or shouldn't do it.

I know Ive cheated and lied at some moments in my life which did actually alter my life (wouldnt have this job if I didnt cheat on an accounting test (I just sucked at it) - and don't actually deal with any numbers in my job!; wouldnt have my wife if I didnt lie on a daily basis :P)
    Then he also needs a back up plan so if it doesnt work out he still has a future.

Why risk it ALL using AAS especially at your age. You are risking a lot more than just not getting into the school/scholarship. Future health, future performance, future libido.

I dont think there is a gamble. I doubt there is little chance the wont test. You know they are setting him up to fail, to see if he will cheat now. If he cheats now he will cheat later. They want him to gain weight to see if he will use AAS. If he does, he is gone. If he falls short by 10 lbs but has done it naturally they will probably let it slide and be impressed at his natural gains.

Most/all you are looking for can be gained with proper diet and training without any of the risks.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 05-27-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Interesting point there LovByts. I know nothing about the scouting/recruiting procedures so this is definitely a point to consider for the OP. I do agree that there is a very very high chance they will test for steroids as soon as he turns up.
    Google may shed some light on procedures but its a big gamble.

I still want to see this guys average daily diet though. I mean if it was pretty awesome, id have to look to more experienced people for advice.

AnonEagle is offline Junior Member
    165? how tall? What position do you play? slot receiver? i was in a sorta similar situation when i first reported to my school. I suggest you research A LOT on the side effects and see if it's something you really want to do. for me, i asked myself would i be willing to live with TRT injections the rest of my life, erectile dysfunction, acne, and hair loss. while all of this may or may not happen, i said yes I was willing to live with all of that, and i'm still giving it everything i can to make it to the pro level here in a few years. But I did not use until after I had been here a while and knew the deal.

the testing situation can vary widely from school to school. my school is somewhat easy to avoid if you talk to upperclassmen, whereas others I hear the school is almost out to get you, and will report you to the NCAA where you'll get a 1 year eligibility loss.

IF you decide to do it, I suggest using only very short esters, and make sure you report to camp clear, unless you already know someone at the school that can tell you what to expect. examples of this would be Testosterone Propionate or Suspension. Also, I hate to say it, but you won't be able to do any PCT, or use any chems for gyno control (as in AIs or SERMs), because they stay in your system a lot longer and the NCAA tests for them as well. Not using these will severely increase your risk of permanent side effects to your endocrine system. Also, the NCAA does test for masking agents and diuretics.

Best of luck man, you're not alone,
    -ae

edit: also, if you have not, post up your diet! You do desperately need to put on weight. You can't be scared to lose your precious 6 pack, you really just need to be pounding the food and getting the gym as hard as you can. I would not be doing cardio if I were you, only speed work. Cardio will very likely be very unimportant in camp, and heart can make up for what you lack in cardio if you really need it. But doing cardio can really keep you from gaining weight quickly, but try not to lose too much speed, so keep your speedwork up as much as possible.

also, noticed your other post about Test E... just so you know, test E will be detectable for around 3 months after you stop taking it, and you won't notice gains from it until about a month after you start taking it, making it a poor choice for your circumstance IMO..
    Last edited by AnonEagle; 05-27-2010 at 10:28 PM.

8 very solid replies...

And I hate to burst your bubbles but this thread is almost 3 months old. Maybe the OP will still see it but I have my doubts

TrippleD is offline New Member
    Youre to young to cycle bro and i played Div 1 ball and they will drug test you! if you love to play ball you can go to a D2, D3 or even play Juco ball til you get your natural size that comes wit a little more age. Remember you got to eat big to get big and being a ball player they got training table (food buffet) everywhere you look on the coolege level. So EAT EAT EAT!

AnonEagle is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thenextcutler View Post
    8 very solid replies...

And I hate to burst your bubbles but this thread is almost 3 months old. Maybe the OP will still see it but I have my doubts
    woops lol didn't even notice that OP was way before every other post... ah oh well haha

interested to hear an update if you ever get back OP!

silverback11 is offline New Member
    i realize i'm reading this a little late but here goes. he hasn't grown since middle school. my first thought is he may have low test in which case i think he's just fine taking a cycle imo. but short detection times are a must like test p 200mg/wk and d-bol 25mg/ed stack and obviously followed by pct.

being a former college football player i could probably give you a little insight into when they like to test. i won't ask what school unless you want to tell me but what conference is the school in?

BiggerByTheDay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverback11 View Post
    i realize i'm reading this a little late but here goes. he hasn't grown since middle school. my first thought is he may have low test in which case i think he's just fine taking a cycle imo. but short detection times are a must like test p 200mg/wk and d-bol 25mg/ed stack and obviously followed by pct.

being a former college football player i could probably give you a little insight into when they like to test. i won't ask what school unless you want to tell me but what conference is the school in?
    Dude, this thread is several months old. Hell, the kid has already reported at the end of June. Therefore, the kid is likely way gone. Also, with your advice, you don't need to offer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggerByTheDay View Post
    Dude, this thread is several months old. Hell, the kid has already reported at the end of June. Therefore, the kid is likely way gone. Also, with your advice, you don't need to offer anymore.
    whats wrong with my advice? its just an opinion and i said that... and i said i realized it was late but if he reads it, it could still be useful possibly. and if you knew anything about college football he won't report for almost a month yet.

BiggerByTheDay is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverback11 View Post
    whats wrong with my advice? its just an opinion and i said that... and i said i realized it was late but if he reads it, it could still be useful possibly. and if you knew anything about college football he won't report for almost a month yet.
    You advise an 18 year old to run 200mgs of test knowing that they do run random testing. Also, if you would have read the whole post, he clear states that he is reporting at the end of June.

i should have just left this thread alone i didn't see the date. my bad, but, as i read my OP i saw i forgot to say get tested for low test because it sounded to me that he may have that issue. thats my mistake i apologize. i wouldn't recommend such a thing otherwise... BUT... he must be going to an ncaa school that breaks rules like usc lol. because having a fairly good knowledge of the rules like i do(being a former ncaa football player myself as well as helping with recruiting) i know freshman can't report until at the earliest 2 days before camp starts i admit that may have changed recently since i haven't been involved for couple years... also test prop has a 2 week detection time and d-bol, if you don't flush has a 5 week detection time, (and yes you can flush it because i had to and came up clean)... if he's off it before he reports he would be fine because they don't test until a few days before the first game. and whats more is that if he made the team he would probably be a redshirt and redshirts rarely get tested if at all... but i must admit they do change rules from time to time but these rules from what i have experienced haven't changed much since they were brought about. i will also admit i am in no way an expert but this is my experience thats all.

nevergymless is offline New Member
    why not look into HGH for the off season ? 8 - 10 IUS a day for 3 - 5 months would gave you some gains and cant test for it. Does anyone know how long Primo and Var stays in your system ?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nevergymless View Post
    why not look into HGH for the off season ? 8 - 10 IUS a day for 3 - 5 months would gave you some gains and cant test for it. Does anyone know how long Primo and Var stays in your system ?
    Old post, he has not been back around for months and YES they do test for HGH, dont you watch the news with all the baseball players getting busted for HGH? LOL

Thread Information