darkspeedy is offline New Member

help me settle a debate

So I'm doing a cycle, Deca , Test E, and Dbol to kickstart. (Have proper PCT, and my diet pretty much figured out)
    My current workout routine consists of 4 days lifting, and cardio on a few of those days, then a 5th day totally dedicated to cardio. I'm telling a friend of mine (who is also cycling, but not quite as prepared I think) that you should and can add a 5th day of lifting, and take 1-2 days off per week, I suggested 1 day off and keep one more day for cardio to help with bloating. But he's crazy rigid about keeping his routine. And keeping his 'cheat day' per week (which on cycle since diet is so sensitive, especially to sodium, I'm just doing a cheat meal 1x per week)
    I'm telling him the point of the cycle is to blast through your plateau's and get to the next level.
    Is this a scenario with no one right/wrong? What do you guys do for rest periods when on cycle? Diet on off day?

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    It totally depends on your goals. When Im bulking at my size, I can't get enough food. I have to eat loads of calorie dense (ice cream, pizza, I put ice cream in my oatmeal) food to get the calories I need to grow. Yes, I eat most clean meals, but supplement with the good stuff too. I could never eat enough clean food to grow at this point. I also supplement with vitargo.

If you're cutting or trying to maintain a lean bulk you will pay closer attention to your diet. However, you're walking a fine line. You have to be in a calorie surplus to gain weight. Remember you grow when your resting. Dieting on your off days sounds counterproductive if you're trying to add mass.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810 View Post
    It totally depends on your goals. When Im bulking at my size, I can't get enough food. I have to eat loads of calorie dense (ice cream, pizza, I put ice cream in my oatmeal) food to get the calories I need to grow. Yes, I eat most clean meals, but supplement with the good stuff too. I could never eat enough clean food to grow at this point. I also supplement with vitargo.

If you're cutting or trying to maintain a lean bulk you will pay closer attention to your diet. However, you're walking a fine line. You have to be in a calorie surplus to gain weight. Remember you grow when your resting. Dieting on your off days sounds counterproductive if you're trying to add mass.
    I love reading your posts, so well thought out and informative.

Not trying to suck up lol.

Thread Information