bigdoc is offline New Member

Expected Facial Acne on a basic Test E cycle.

Can anyone share there experiences with facial acne on a basic 12 week cycle of test e with a four week dbol kickstart?

I am doing my research and the only thing holding me back is the potential for sever facial acne... I had acne pretty bad and it has only been truely clear for the past year. It was bad to the point of needing accutane back in highschool, and to this day (24yrs old) my skin is still considered in my opinion to be oily and I still have the occasional breakout.

I tried to search thoroughly but cant seem to find many specfic acne threads...

I want to know things such as when during the cycle would the acne flair up ect.

I do realize its different for every person so if you can give me your experiences that would be great.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    really you searched thoroughly?

I used the search button and found 20 pages of threads with the world acne in the title.

What could you find again through your extensive research?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Sounds like you will be prone to it then m8.

I think washing ur face a few times a day may help.

Ive also read of ppl using fairy washing up liquid to wash there back, as it breaks down grease easily, however this may be too harsh on ur face.

Too much washing can irritate ur skin and make it worse.

Good luck finding a way around it, im sure sum1 will have a fix for u.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1;****718
    really you searched thoroughly?

I used the search button and found 20 pages of threads with the world acne in the title.

What could you find again through your extensive research?
    Yes i know there are a ton of threads on acne but the majority are "crap bad break out on my back from this and this and how do i cure it" type threads. I just want to hear what to expect for someone who is acne prone. If you are going to get acne, when during the cycle does it develop? once youre a few weeks into the cycle and your hormones are "stable" (since your natural test is as low as its going to get) does the acne subside, or does having more circulating testosterone alwyas lead to a higher volume of acne
    (ive read that "hormonal instabilities" are to blame for flare ups).

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I've never had facial acne from cycling

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm......
    I can't say for sure on face acne, but my shoulder acne after one cycle is so bad I expect to have scars from it. I first noticed a hell of a lot of acne late to midwayish in the cycle like week 6.

Its so bad that I have ordered accutane, and expect to likely never cycle again without some on hand. I read in one thread that accutane closes the pores and makes you less prone to future acne; I may just run it for a while then stop and see what happens.

You asked specifically about face. Everything in general was fine with my face. I had an issue that I can't say if had anything to do with steroids or not. On a 14 week cycle test e, around week 12 I got spots on my face that were very intense for acne. I worried enough I tried to figure out if it was an std but I don't think it was i think it was just really horrible acne. I occasionally eat chocolate so maybe that did it. The acne was painful and did not come to a head for quite a while. Actually I couldn't wait, I lanced two spots with needles to start draining them (stupid and not recommended). Those spots took over a week to heal and were painful for several days we're talking like 5+ days. I have no idea if it was the test, but who knows it could be. There was at least one or two days on cycle I was sitting around thinking jeez this shoulder acne is not only annoying its actually very painful as well.

I started tanning around week 9 every other day rarely missing a day. The tanning helped immensely, but at the same time did not pull a total stop to the acne. I know other people who cycle and believe myself to be acne prone; its possible im not prone but that they are just resistant to it, its hard to say.

I would run another cycle without accutane but only if I was tanning from day 1, showering at least twice a day, and changing the sheets every few days.

an@b0l1x is offline Banned
    You may get it either during cycle or during PCT. If you try keeping blood levels stable by more frequent injections (for example shooting long esters like cypionate 2x a week instead of just 1x) the chance of getting it during cycle is significantly less. My skin actually gets better during cycle but it gets bad during PCT (I dont get facial acne but body acne). If your acne is really bad then you may want to do another cycle of accutane, also some people like to take a low-dose of accutane during PCT to avoid breaking out. I have tried almost everything that's on the marked against acne and the only things that I can say really worked for me were AcneFREE (it's a solution similar to ProActive but it's far cheaper) and Accutane. IMO Accutane is some great stuff if you can stand the sides and the side effects are highly overrated, I would have used it much much earlier if I was not worried of the sides I may get because I used to read and listen everywhere about how danger it is
    Last edited by an@b0l1x; 07-03-2010 at 02:37 AM.

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    I got a few facial acne but most of my acne was on my back and chest. The acne started at about week 5 and went all the way through PCT and tapered off 5 months beyond PCT. I got welts on my neck without a acne head. That was the worst because I couldn't wash it clean. The Test made my face and body really oily. Oily to a point when I would almost shine in the sunlight. MY solutions was 5% Benzyl Peroxide soap shower twice a day and 40mg accutane every day for 6 weeks. Then the acne stopped. I get one once in a while. My current cycle is 80mg Anavar + 200mg/wk of Test to balance my endogenous Test level + 5iu/ed of HGH. I also take 250iu of HCG twice a week. 6 weeks into my cycle now. No acne and I am getting a dry cut lean look. I really like it. I liked the HUGE Test driven look but I also like the lean look. If you're prone to acne get the Benzyl Peroxide soap and Accutane ready.

ty357 is offline Member
    I did the exact same cycle and i didnt get one pimple on my face during cycle or after pct. I think because of my age of being 28, and i didnt have acne to begin with.

awms is offline Senior Member
    I remember a while back some one posting somthing about estrogen and acne? taking a-dex lowers the amount of acne I beleve?

Diamond*K is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdoc;****707
    Can anyone share there experiences with facial acne on a basic 12 week cycle of test e with a four week dbol kickstart?

I am doing my research and the only thing holding me back is the potential for sever facial acne... I had acne pretty bad and it has only been truely clear for the past year. It was bad to the point of needing accutane back in highschool, and to this day (24yrs old) my skin is still considered in my opinion to be oily and I still have the occasional breakout.

I tried to search thoroughly but cant seem to find many specfic acne threads...

I want to know things such as when during the cycle would the acne flair up ect.

I do realize its different for every person so if you can give me your experiences that would be great.
    im the same way.. i find just taking vit. A helps a lot and its soo much cheaper than accutane.
    vit. e cream for your face will also help with pores.

Thanks for all the responses. Too bad for the variability between each person, I guess there really is no sure answer. I just have this feeling that if I tried anything at all my face would just blow up and it would be back to being 17 again... I have heard about arimidex decreasing acne (i would be running this on cycle anyway). Can anybody confirm this?

The only sure fire way of garunteeing no problems seems to be entering the cycle while on accutane. Is this dangerous? I can see complications with the orals, but say I were to start the cycle with a short ester (test p) instead of the oral and change over to test e at around week four would it be acceptable to run accutane alongside? I know testosterone , even when not an oral, still affects the liver to some degree (increasing protein synthesis rate ect).

Quote Originally Posted by cherrydrpepper;****748
    Hmmm......
    I can't say for sure on face acne, but my shoulder acne after one cycle is so bad I expect to have scars from it. I first noticed a hell of a lot of acne late to midwayish in the cycle like week 6.

Its so bad that I have ordered accutane, and expect to likely never cycle again without some on hand. I read in one thread that accutane closes the pores and makes you less prone to future acne; I may just run it for a while then stop and see what happens.

You asked specifically about face. Everything in general was fine with my face. I had an issue that I can't say if had anything to do with steroids or not. On a 14 week cycle test e, around week 12 I got spots on my face that were very intense for acne. I worried enough I tried to figure out if it was an std but I don't think it was i think it was just really horrible acne. I occasionally eat chocolate so maybe that did it. The acne was painful and did not come to a head for quite a while. Actually I couldn't wait, I lanced two spots with needles to start draining them (stupid and not recommended). Those spots took over a week to heal and were painful for several days we're talking like 5+ days. I have no idea if it was the test, but who knows it could be. There was at least one or two days on cycle I was sitting around thinking jeez this shoulder acne is not only annoying its actually very painful as well.

I started tanning around week 9 every other day rarely missing a day. The tanning helped immensely, but at the same time did not pull a total stop to the acne. I know other people who cycle and believe myself to be acne prone; its possible im not prone but that they are just resistant to it, its hard to say.

I would run another cycle without accutane but only if I was tanning from day 1, showering at least twice a day, and changing the sheets every few days.
    Stories like this really scare me... cystic acne on your face.. just what i need at 24 lol

Diamond*K is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdoc View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. Too bad for the variability between each person, I guess there really is no sure answer. I just have this feeling that if I tried anything at all my face would just blow up and it would be back to being 17 again... I have heard about arimidex decreasing acne (i would be running this on cycle anyway). Can anybody confirm this?

The only sure fire way of garunteeing no problems seems to be entering the cycle while on accutane. Is this dangerous? I can see complications with the orals, but say I were to start the cycle with a short ester (test p) instead of the oral and change over to test e at around week four would it be acceptable to run accutane alongside? I know testosterone, even when not an oral, still affects the liver to some degree (increasing protein synthesis rate ect).
    running accutane should be fine durin ur cycle. but like i said vitamin A is one of the main ingredients for accutane and its a lot cheaper to buy.

ga_boy is offline New Member
    I have taken sus, test e, and stanozolol cycles and had the same outcome with acne on all of them. While I was on the cycle I never really had a breakout but 2 weeks into my PCT, I would break out like crazy for about 4-6 weeks, like I was 18 again, on my back and face. Tanning like stated above helped clear them up faster and my momma and daddy have a salt water pool so that helped out alot to. I know everyone doesnt have a salt water pool but everyone has a tub and some salt in the kitchen. I didnt start getting acne until i was about 18 and it was mild some weeks worse than others but always had atleast 6 or 8 pimples on my face at a time and it didnt let up until I was about 22. Also try and up your H20 intake that may help.

Devil's_Advocate is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big;****735
    I've never had facial acne from cycling
    Same.

But, if you are prone, you may find it worse. I do get a greasy scalp, but nothing to worry about.

an@b0l1x is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdoc View Post

The only sure fire way of garunteeing no problems seems to be entering the cycle while on accutane. Is this dangerous? I can see complications with the orals, but say I were to start the cycle with a short ester (test p) instead of the oral and change over to test e at around week four would it be acceptable to run accutane alongside? I know testosterone, even when not an oral, still affects the liver to some degree (increasing protein synthesis rate ect).
    Do you have a good reason for switching esters? It's better to either stick with the prop or if you want the E start with it. Changing esters in the mid of your cycle can make blood levels unstable.. not good for acne. Can you do it yes, but it's better not to, just in case..

Thread Information