ppk2291 is offline New Member

Prohormone Question for a starter

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding pro hormone use. First off, I want to let everyone know that I've been lurking around the forums for a few days and have made sure to read as much as I could. I've been seriously lifting for about 18 months, and have made good gains. The first few months before the 18 is when I was still learning, and since then I've read up on proper form, what supplements work, rest, etc. I consider myself in better shape and more educated than a lot of people in my college gym, but I'm not cocky and I know there are plenty of people who make me look like an idiot out there. Basically, I know a bit, but I know there's a lot more to be learned.

A friend of mine recommended using Double Dragon SOS 500 which contains:
    * 13-ethyl-3-methoxy-gona-2,5(10)-diene-17-one (Max LMG) 20 mg
    * 2a, 17a di methyl etiocholan 3-one, 17b-ol (Superdrol) 5 mg
    * 4-Chloro-17a-Methyl-Androsta-1, 4-diene-3, 17-diol (Halodrol) 20 mg

and then I'll use Novedex XT for PCT.

I was told to do:

Week 1: 1 SOS500 Pill a day
    Week 2: 2 SOS 500 Pills a day
    Week 3: 3 SOS 500 Pills a day
    Week 4: 4 SOS 500 Pills a day
    Week 5: 3 SOS 500 Pills a day
    Week 6: 2 SOS 500 Pills a day

On week 5 I would start the Novadex XT

I asked about this on some other forums and I've been told it's not a good idea, so I was wondering what prohormones would be reccomended (if any) for someone like me:

5'11
    185lb
    ~11% body fat
    19 (I'm done growing, and I'm the biggest in the family, so I'm not sure what my full genetic potential is)

I use creatine, protein, glutamine, ZMA, and NOS. I've never used roids or prohormones.

I don't want to ever use steroids , and I'd like to only use PH once, I just feel like I'm not gaining as much as I used to and now that classes are starting up I'd like something to give me an edge for a few weeks, help me bust through my plateau. I feel as though once I gain a little more I'll be happy where I am.

As I said, I know I'm not NEARLY as educated as the other members on this forum, so please don't flame me, I'm eagerly awaiting to hear what you all have to say, and I'm not hear to argue, I'm here to learn.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    That pro-hormone your talking about is a Steroid , not a pro-hormone. It's actually 3 Oral Steroids combined into one pill. At 19 years old you don't need this. You need food and exercise. It looks like two of them are also Methylated.

AAS: Things to consider before starting a first cycle (Great Read)

Quote Originally Posted by ottomaddox View Post
    That pro-hormone your talking about is a Steroid , not a pro-hormone. It's actually 3 Oral Steroids combined into one pill. At 19 years old you don't need this. You need food and exercise. It looks like two of them are also Methylated.

AAS: Things to consider before starting a first cycle (Great Read)
    Well, my friend definitely gave me bad info then! I guess I figured if it was sold in the US by a company then it wouldn't be a steroid..

And again, I know I'm young, but I feel like I need an extra boost to help me get out of my plateau, keep me going, and get me to that point that I can be happy with. I know the idea age is 25+ but as I said, I only want to do this once, so I won't be constantly messing with hormones

I'm only going to do this once, I've never heard that before. Typical response for someone that is young and inexperienced in the ways of training.
    Seriously Diet and Training is all you need, your 19 how long can you really have been training for? 18 months, that is not SQUAT. Keep training and Eating and reading, you'll thank me in the long run. Oral steroids of the Over the counter variety are known to be very harsh on the body, ie they desimate the realtionship between good and bad cholesterol, throw off liver enzymes, and can give you high blood pressure as well. How about erectile dysfunction too. It would be terrible to not be able to get a Boner.

Quote Originally Posted by ppk2291 View Post
    Well, my friend definitely gave me bad info then! I guess I figured if it was sold in the US by a company then it wouldn't be a steroid ..

And again, I know I'm young, but I feel like I need an extra boost to help me get out of my plateau, keep me going, and get me to that point that I can be happy with. I know the idea age is 25+ but as I said, I only want to do this once, so I won't be constantly messing with hormones
    Last edited by ottomaddox; 08-28-2010 at 02:27 PM.

I'm only going to do this once, I've never heard that before. Typical response for someone that is young and inexperienced in the ways of training.
    Seriously Diet and Training is all you need, your 19 how long can you really have been training for? 18 months, that is not SQUAT. Come back in a few years.
    Okay, and could I ask if DHEA is considered an option for me? That seems like a more mild prohormone that doesn't require cycling or PCT.

FOOD That's it.
    Whey protein
    Zma
    Creatine
    NO
    Multi Vitamin
    Fish oil
    Stop reaching for magic beans, there aren't any. It's called hard work.

Stop reaching for magic beans, there aren't any. It's called hard work.
    I know, I was simply wondering if anything PH wise would be beneficial in my circumstance.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

It would be more detrimental to your health.

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Food,protin,hit it hard and you will get good gains. At your age your test levels are at there peak wait untill your at least 25 to start to even think about juice.

TRT2010 is offline Member
    Yup those sure are 3 Steroids not pro-hormones. I really hope the OOP chooses not to take those but the majority of teens who come on here asking for advise tend not to take our advise. If the OP is still reading this then your Novadex-xt is not goanna do anything to bring your system back to normal. You will need a realy PCT, Tomax and clomid

Quote Originally Posted by TRT2010 View Post
    Yup those sure are 3 Steroids not pro-hormones. I really hope the OOP chooses not to take those but the majority of teens who come on here asking for advise tend not to take our advise. If the OP is still reading this then your Novadex-xt is not goanna do anything to bring your system back to normal. You will need a realy PCT, Tomax and clomid
    Don't worry, I'm listening. You guys know what you're talking about, I'm not going to ignore warnings.

If you say hold off, I'll hold off

Quote Originally Posted by pitbulllock View Post
    Food,protin,hit it hard and you will get good gains. At your age your test levels are at there peak wait untill your at least 25 to start to even think about juice.
    Okay, I'm checking out the diet section here, I think I wasn't eating enough so that may be the problem. Thanks again man

i think that as long as you eat like a frigen horse and does those BCAA's and get plenty of rest you will blow up in no time at all brother.. When u r ready for gear that cycle will do wonders but i sugest looking into pinning yourself rather than oral

bodybuilder is offline Senior Member
    Yah bro trust me u dont wana go that way yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TRT2010 View Post
    i think that as long as you eat like a frigen horse and does those BCAA's and get plenty of rest you will blow up in no time at all brother.. When u r ready for gear that cycle will do wonders but i sugest looking into pinning yourself rather than oral
    Awesome! If that's teh way to get bigger, it'll work for me. Can I ask about how much fat I'll put on from all the eating?

should be minimul if you stay way from fatty foods.. eat good like ny strip and top sirloin "no rib eye", all the chicken, fish, tuna you can handle. i am a huge fan of cooking with butter but i stopped sence i am on a cutting diet now so use Pam if you got it. any veggies should be fine. Just learn to read the lables of the foods your eating. For fats just stick with Peanut butter and egg yolks i say.. but you can always jump into the diet forum and get more info there. But eat as much as you can justy dont eat out alot

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've heard the ph are actually harder on your body that AAS.

yah but what yo uhave are steroids .. PH convert to steroids once they pass through your system to active it so to speak. What you have are steroids. there is no conversion needed

It's good to know I won't have to worry about PH/Steroids for several years, thanks again for helping me sort this issue out to everyone who replied!

Thread Information