Bobbies is offline New Member

How do you keep natty test up while using an AAS?

How exactly does the body shut off natural production of testosterone when you take AAS? Is it an on/off switch or rather dose-dependent? Is it possible to keep natty test levels up by using D-Aspartic Acid (DAA), which raises test and LH production?

About DAA:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2774316/

I did a search on DAA in this forum. Lots of posts are when DAA was too expensive for the average bodybuilder. Now it's cheap and worth the money. But can it keep natty test up while you're using an AAS?
    Last edited by Bobbies; 09-10-2010 at 01:40 PM.

fleck is offline Associate Member
    hcg can help...

DerrikT is offline Junior Member
    Pretty sure the science would say that you'd be fighting a losing battle.

I believe it is dose dependant however lets say you were taking 200mg Test / week which could build up to higher values depending on the ester your using. Compared to your natural 50mg/week level or whatever they may be, your already at super high levels.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    why worry about your natural test levels when you're already have many times the natural levels in your body? Its pointless to try.

Quote Originally Posted by DerrikT View Post
    Pretty sure the science would say that you'd be fighting a losing battle.

I believe it is dose dependant however lets say you were taking 200mg Test / week which could build up to higher values depending on the ester your using. Compared to your natural 50mg/week level or whatever they may be, your already at super high levels.
    I don't plan on using large amounts. Just enough to become more mentally masculine. I can gain muscle without AAS, but not that testosterone mentality.

Still, I don't want my old buddies to shrink, so I'm trying to find a way to use AAS without cycling or shrinkage.

Quote Originally Posted by fleck View Post
    hcg can help...
    It mimics LH and therefore tells the body to produce test, so yeah, it can help. But when the body stops producing LH, would DAA make the body produce LH?

Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    why worry about your natural test levels when you're already have many times the natural levels in your body? Its pointless to try.
    Cause I don't want shrunken testicles or sterility.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Just use HCG .

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Just use HCG.
    I can get tested for that, so it's not an option. Also...What if everyone throughout bodybuilding history "just did _____"? It's important to find new ways of bodybuilding to fit peoples' lifestyles.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbies View Post
    How exactly does the body shut off natural production of testosterone when you take AAS? Is it an on/off switch or rather dose-dependent? Is it possible to keep natty test levels up by using D-Aspartic Acid (DAA), which raises test and LH production?

About DAA:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2774316/

I did a search on DAA in this forum. Lots of posts are when DAA was too expensive for the average bodybuilder. Now it's cheap and worth the money. But can it keep natty test up while you're using an AAS?
    Yes it is more or less like switch when you introduce more test into your sys albiet synthetic your body detects this and stops production to prevent overload

lucyluciano is offline New Member
    Good thread. I personally have only used Orals like SD, SPAWN, H-drol etc. So my cycles are shorter and my libido and are more manageable. I use Maca, Fenufreek and Cel's Formestane to lower estrogen. I also pulse the stronger orals to limit shutdown. I also believe shutdown is dose dependant because I get less shutdown with H-drol, milder designer with a longer half life.

Quote Originally Posted by MBMETC View Post
    Yes it is more or less like switch when you introduce more test into your sys albiet synthetic your body detects this and stops production to prevent overload
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyluciano View Post
    Good thread. I personally have only used Orals like SD, SPAWN, H-drol etc. So my cycles are shorter and my libido and are more manageable. I use Maca, Fenufreek and Cel's Formestane to lower estrogen. I also pulse the stronger orals to limit shutdown. I also believe shutdown is dose dependant because I get less shutdown with H-drol, milder designer with a longer half life.
    Hmm...lots of mixed opinions here. MBMETC, got any personal experience with that?

I still don't know if supplements like DAA can keep natty test up. Will someone help me out here?

SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member
    I was of the belief that all AAS shuts down endogenous test production 100%. I thought HCG didn't actually restore natural test production it just stimulates the leydig cells, does it actually cause the leydig cells to produce testosterone in the testes? But since the HT part of the HTPA axis isn't causing the LH production, wouldn't that mean that you're not really restoring any natural test production, just keeping your testicles full? Not that this doesn't help natural test restoration, but only by the fact that the testes are full enough to recieve it, instead of atrophied. Anyhow, I remember my endocrinologist saying that nothing but time brings back endogenous test production.

Roman2 is offline New Member
    Keep your estrogen levels low through the use of Letrozole . And also avoid steroids that affect progesterone levels especially long acting ones like Deca . That should assist with a quick recovery.

Thread Information