SomeRandomGuy is offline Associate Member

Anyone sweat a very ammonia like sweat?

Seems like lately I sweat and it's very ammonia-like or ammoniacal.

Is this due to AS use?

0331FTW is offline Associate Member
    That's nuts that someone else is having the same issue as me. I usually smell it on my shirts after a workout and it almost smells like paint thinner or ammonia

themoreyouknow is offline Associate Member
    i've never experienced that BUT i do sweat like a whore in church while in on

Carbad is offline New Member
    I think it's the AAS causing it, I was intoduced to it once i started my first test cycle.
    Also two of my buddies started to smell just the same as they started their test cycles

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with the test smell, but I would describe it more as a turpentine smell than anything else.

Yes, a very pungent smell. Noticeably different than when not on AS. As in very easy to smell all the time. Different.

0331FTW is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    I agree with the test smell, but I would describe it more as a turpentine smell than anything else.
    Turpentine was the word I was looking for... It's hard to get the smell out of some of my shirts. Ended up throwing out a few because of it.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    An increase in prolactin levels can be the culprit!

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRandomGuy View Post
    Seems like lately I sweat and it's very ammonia-like or ammoniacal.

Is this due to AS use?
    Drink more water.

vettewreck is offline Banned
    Yep, but only when im on DNP . lol

Dr.Roidz is offline Banned - peachass!
    Drink more water.
    Exactly. Your urea levels are probably high

P90
    P90 is offline Junior Member
    it's not the AAS and itsn not due to lack of hydration. I also get it, and i'm not and never have been on AAS and i drink 3-4Lts a day of water. It's a chemical reaction on your skin and/or with your detergent you used to wash your clothes.

I drink close to 2 gallons of water per day and take Cabergoline to reduce the Prolactin... Still an issue.

Blog Entries
    i have the same problem but im not on cycle so i guess its time for some bloodwork....never really put much thought into it till now, glad someone brought it up...

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This is just my deal, I am not saying anyone else is wrong. I also drink at least a gallon of water a day usually about 1.5, I never had the turpentine smell prior to doing the Test and since I am doing TNE which has a very short half life I can notice the change in the smell (and quantity LOL ) about 15 min after pinning.

As far as the drink more water, I agree completely with the theory since my urine also changes from thin yellow to dark yellow, turbid, foamy after pinning, however with TNE it seems like my body is able to metabolize and pass the test byproducts quicker than water regardless of fluid input before or after pinning, so this is the result.

Dr.Roidz is offline Banned - peachass!
    Its from protein turnover that can be increased by steroids but you dont have to be on AAS for it to occur. Gluconeogenesis produces ammonia as a waste product which can be excreted through the skin (hence the smell) or converted to less toxic urea and excreted through urine.

40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member
    I did when I was drinking 24 egg whites in liquid form per day. I didn't notice it but my wife said I smelled putrid. I stopped drinking egg whites and it went away.

Jean Claude is offline Banned
    I used to have that when I was like 16-21... it sucked. I sweated when not even working out. I didn't use AAS and never have, but that still stuck around. I'm sure it was the hormones.

so I bought this stuff "Maxim." It's like a deodorant, but isn't. It has no smell. It has a rotating ball and you put it on at night before you go to bed. Guaranteed you wont sweat for at least a month after. It literally stops sweating over night. I was amazed it worked. And you only need to put it on once. I still have the same bottle from my teen years. That's one thing that worked.

Thread Information