NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned

Does your family suffer because of bodybuilding?

Ok, not trying to come on here acting holier than though, but question we all need to ask ourselves at one time. Does your family ever suffer/go without because of your bodybuilding? If your answer is yes, wake the **** up

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You mean like when I beat them 'cause of da ROID RAGE ???

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well it's not the healthiest hobby-

Guys that take high doses, or blast and cruise will be reducing there life spans, thereby taking time with their loved ones.
    Costs of food we eat and gear we take would have an effect on many families, even if they can handle the cost, it would better put toward the future in investments.
    Time in the gym, time traveling to gym, time on this forum is time that could be better spent with loved ones.

One way or another this self indulgent hobby of ours cost our families.
    Last edited by terraj; 10-12-2010 at 07:59 PM.

NVR2BIG1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    Well it's not the healthiest hobby-

Guys that take high doses, or blast and cruise will be reducing there life spans, thereby taking time with their loved ones.
    Costs of food we eat and gear we take would have an effect on many families.
    Time in the gym, time traveling to gym, time on this forum is time that could be better spent with loved ones.

One way or another this self indulgent hobby of ours cost our families.

yea, I've been guilty of this myself in the past. And probably still am but not to the degree I used to. Its more just a hobby now for me, no different than working on cars or something. But shamefully in the past I was pretty bad

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with terraj, I used to race cars from 1998-2006 and body building is not nearly as bad (time spent,money spent or effects on health) as that addiction, not to mention what I was doing 30 years ago but thats a whole different problem. While anyone seriously into bodybuilding whether natural or using gear is involved in an obsessive narcistic activity, there are many other types of behavior/obsessions that are far more destructive to self and family.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    There definitely has to be a balance sometimes it takes time to find it

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    i don't have a family.. all i got is my gym and my friends.. my friends suffer from cracked ribs and bruised arms every now and again, so i guess it does hurt those who you care about.. haha **** EM!!! GET HUGE!!!

V8Assassin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_ron View Post
    There definitely has to be a balance sometimes it takes time to find it
    That's the key, balance! I have a wonderful/gorgeous wife and three incredible kids (two boys one girl). It's tough, but yes I spend time away from them pursuing my hobbies. I hunt, lift, and race (although not as much anymore) and I try to include them in all of it. With the two boys it's easy to include in hunting and cars, they seem to like it. My three year old walks around the garage saying "race car, fast" and then making engine noises. It's pretty funny. My little girl is only a year old last month, so pretty much all the time spent with her is feeding, changing diapers, or just rocking. I am anxious about her growing up, not sure how well that will be handled. Better find some balance, or I will end up balancing which plea agreement to take when the boys come calling.

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    no my family doesn't suffer at all. In fact, nothing does. People take this way too seriously sometimes

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMaleDawg View Post
    no my family doesn't suffer at all. In fact, nothing does. People take this way too seriously sometimes
    True.

There would a hand full of BBs on the planet that make what I would call decent money, I don't reason to take it seriously...family, health, career.....then BB
    Last edited by terraj; 10-13-2010 at 01:29 AM.

AlphaMaleDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    True.

There would a hand full of BBs on the planet that make what I would call a decent money, I don't reason to take it seriously...family, health, career.....then BB
    agreed

BigJuice777 is offline Associate Member
    My wife knows I am trying to improve my overall health, attitude and probably a little confidence/self esteem. I bust my ass in the gym for a good 1.5 hrs/5 days a week... that doesn't seem to take a large chunk of time away from family. I think if you're not obsessive about it, it can be managed just fine. Plus, for every dollar I spend on gear and supplements, she gets to spend the same on something nice for her. It works out good for us.... I think it can for most.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJuice777 View Post
    My wife knows I am trying to improve my overall health, attitude and probably a little confidence/self esteem. I bust my ass in the gym for a good 1.5 hrs/5 days a week... that doesn't seem to take a large chunk of time away from family. I think if you're not obsessive about it, it can be managed just fine. Plus, for every dollar I spend on gear and supplements, she gets to spend the same on something nice for her. It works out good for us.... I think it can for most.
    but just think..... without her.... you could double your gear and hgh finances

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Jean Claude is offline Banned
    I'm not extreme as I have never done a cycle. Don't have a family of my own yet. My lifting probably has hurt me more than anyone. Especially when you know you have something to do but it's your lift day and you JUST MUST go to the gym... or feel like shit for not going.

It's an addiction of sorts I would say...

There are worse addictions though, no doubt. I smoke weed. My ex hated it... too bad bitch mary jane will always be there for me.

Blog Entries
    my wife prefers my new healthyer lifestyle now as opposed to when i was addicted to harcore drugs and running with all kinds of shady peeps.... she understands that i have to be addicted to something and bbing is a very positive outlet...thats the only thing i do for myself the rest of my time is used to earn $ and spend as much quality time with my wife and daughter as possible....i see nothing wrong with peolple doing things for themselves to make them happy, it in turn helps to keep a relationship healthy....

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    Steroids don't reduce your life span....

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by NVR2BIG1 View Post
    Ok, not trying to come on here acting holier than though, but question we all need to ask ourselves at one time. Does your family ever suffer/go without because of your bodybuilding? If your answer is yes, wake the **** up
    When I read this title I was about to coming flying in saying that BB'ing should NEVER come before your familly IMHO, or anyone that you truly care about.

I'm not ruled by a clock to eat, I prefer to enjoy life to the best of my ability.

I'm not a f*cking robot and I will never be one. If that means I dont hit 250lbs lean, f*ck it.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Steroids don't reduce your life span....
    I hope your being sarcastic?

Tell that to a couple of the people that have had heart attacks at PM.com.

If your using stupid doses, not taking time off, letting BP get out of control, not getting BW done, not taking time away from training, not eating a healthy balanced diet, you sure as f*ck are reducing your life span.

tylerrrman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJuice777 View Post
    Food costs alot though... that'd be like a purse or new dress every week lol! But I like this idea.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Bodybuilding doesn't rule my life..... I don't have an eating schedual but i do have "rough times" that I try to eat. I sometimes don't workout at the same time each day..... it's no biggy. The important thing is that I get enough food and I get to train. My wife had issues with it previously but that was due to her not wanting me to get bigger. she's gotten over it

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    you guys have no idea how good you got it over in the state when it comes to cheap food.. it's twice as expensive over here in Europe.. we don't have any Costco's or anything like that

higgy is offline Associate Member
    I've heard hormone replacement therapy being called the "fountain of youth" for older people. So I'm sure it can't hurt the average bb'er.

Thread Information