Thread: liver cleanse ?

grumpee is offline Associate Member

liver cleanse ?

Any one know of a good liver cleanse ? My wife has been on zoloft for 7 years now and has been known to drink from time to time. she has started having liver issues and started researching liver cleanse on the internet.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    milk thistle
    NAC

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Milk thistle is O-K but,

Speaking from personal experience, I have HepC and have to be very careful with my liver, when I up my protein or take to much whey/maltodextrin, I can feel pain in my liver so its real easy to know what works and what doesn't...Anyway I have used milk thistle in the past and it did not do a lot of good, however after hearing about LIV 52 by Himalya Healthcare (marketed in the US as Liver Care) and reading several clincal trials where it outperformed milk thistle 3 to 1 in double blind studies, I decided to try it. Since the third day of being on it my liver pain has ceased completely even though I am currently on cycle and eating tons of protein as well as drinking 50gms of whey protein and 80 grms of maltodextrin postworkout.

All I can say is this stuff is amazing, I would like to sincerly thank everyone who has posted about it on this website, without it I would be having to restrict my protein intake and PWO drinks seriously compromizing my cycles.

FFM

robofish is offline Associate Member
    liv 52 is what i use

grumpee is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the help.

songdog is online now ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Good to know.Thanks I been wondering about that product.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...&term=liv%2052

Number 3 on the list shows its affects on ethanol toxicity.
    Last edited by Far from massive; 11-29-2010 at 04:07 AM.

tobby is offline New Member
    Please read our rules *admin*

FAKE ^^^^ DRUGS

Oh Kristee, Late breaking news no mention of sources on the open board please edit your post, I am editing mine as I type.

Liv 52 is a product originally made by Himalya Herbal Healthcare it is sold in the US under the name Liver Care by Himalya Healthcare ( I have no idea why the US name exists I would assume it has to do with a reg trademark already in the US) this link appears to be to a counterfeit product by a drug company that does not even exist on the web.

If I am wrong please let me know and accept my sincere apologies.

][/QUOTE]
    Last edited by Far from massive; 11-29-2010 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Just noticed in addition to fake liv.52 they sell maybe fake steroids?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    FAKE ^^^^ DRUGS

Liv 52 is a product originally made by Himalya Herbal Healthcare it is sold in the US under the name Liver Care by Himalya Healthcare ( I have no idea why the US name exists I would assume it has to do with a reg trademark already in the US) this link appears to be to a counterfeit product by a drug company that does not even exist on the web.

If I am wrong please let me know and accept my sincere apologies.

]
    No, the stuff in that link is just the original non-US version. It is sold by overseas pharmacies for dirt cheap. It's what I use, along with straight NAC.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 11-29-2010 at 10:03 AM.

tballz is offline Senior Member
    I use milk thistle and udca for on cycle and pct. UDCA also lowers cholesterol.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm always the skeptic , and I've never heard of this product, my first inclination is "what's in it?" My next inclination is "how much does it cost?"
    ingredient list:

Himsra (Capparis spinosa)
    A prostrate shrub or climber armed with divaricate, light yellow thorns. The root bark contains stachydrine, rutic acid and a volatile substance.It is bitter, aperient, diuretic and expectorant

Kasani
    Common chicory (Cichorium intybus) also known as blue sailors, is a bushy perennial herb with blue, lavender, or white flowers. Chicory is widely seen in Europe, North America and Australia.

Mandur bhasma
    Mandur bhasma an ayurvedic preparation of iron is used in traditional medicine against hepatitis. In the present study the hepatoprotective property of this drug was tested in albino rats during CCl4 induced hepatic injury.

Kakamachi
    The Black nightshade is a fairly common plant a member of the Solanaceae family, found in many wooded areas, as well as disturbed habitats. It rarely grows more than a foot or so in height and is much branched,..

Arjuna (Terminalia arjuna)
    Terminalia arjuna is an Ayurvedic cardioprotective botanical medicinal plant being used in Ayurveda since 2500 B.C, widely used by Ayurvedic physicians for its curative properties in organic/functional heart problems including angina,...

Kasamarda
    Negro Coffee has been traditionally used to promote normal bowel movements. It is a cousin species of Senna, a known and stronger purgative. Despite its name...

Biranjasipha(Achillea millefolium)
    Different species of Achillea have been used medicinally from an early date. Dioscorides mentions it as a plant which was used as an astringent and emmenagogue.

Jhavuka
    Tamarix gallicaTamarix gallica is a gregarious bushy shrub that grows on saline or waterlogged soils or a small tree with pendulous branches when grown on better soils. A decidious shrub growing to 4m by 6m at a medium rate

Ok, I admit, I haven't heard of any of these ingredients in any way, especially in the liver support articles I've read. So, and again, being the skeptic, I check my source....

Meraj Manal (Chairman, Himalaya Herbal Healthcare)

here is a link for further information on some of the ingredients:
    http://www.raysahelian.com/liv52.html

some medical studies:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/en...liv.%2052&cmd=

finally, the dose rate suggests two caps a day, bringing the monthly cost to around $8, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    No, the stuff in that link is just the original non-US version. It is sold by overseas pharmacies for dirt cheap. It's what I use, along with straight NAC.
    Right as usual...Ya Prick :-)

Well at least I since the site sells juice I am not totally wrong in my post......

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Far from massive View Post
    Right as usual...Ya Prick :-)

Well at least I since the site sells juice I am not totally wrong in my post......
    Oh yeah. I can't speak for the rest of their products or their business (very well could be a scam), but the Liv52 in the pictures is fine.

As high as the prices are it make you wonder if they could be legit, but the whole credit card godaddy affiliation seems kind of unusual for a legit source to me.

freakinhuge is offline Senior Member
    milk thistle and udca make a great combo.

dosXX is offline Member
    IMHO a combination of products mentioned above and staying away from alcohol.

PK-V is offline Productive Member

Thread Information