delta1111 is offline Associate Member

Steroids, Training, Diet, which is most important?

I have done many cycles and never really been entirely happy with the results. I have considered many factors, like training technique, diet, aas dosage, length of cycles ect.

I have come to the conclusion that my problem is, I just don't eat enough. I have always managed to get my daily protein right, but a lot of this is from powder. I know its not as good as real food but I wanted to know peoples thoughts on this.

I also supplement with pasturised liquid egg whites that I just mix with a bit of powder for flavour. Are these egg whites as good as real cooked food? Also please consider that I consume about 1kg of these per day, which makes up 100g of my daily protein intake. Am I wasting my money on these?

I need help in establishing that food intake is my problem, as I really don't enjoy force feeding myself.

In your guys opinion what is the most important factor in building mass in order of importance from the following: aas, training technique, diet? I know its all important just want some opinions.
    The reason I mention training technique is because I often see people at my gym who have terrible form, yet are huge and very strong. They are also carrying bodyfat which leads me to believe they eat a lot, hence my conclusion that food, or lack of it, is my main issue.

I always use good form as I think its important for avoiding injury.

Some people really enjoy eating and some people don't. Unfortunately i'm one of those who don't. Is this my problem?

Please, no smart ass remarks like get in the diet section. I know a lot about food from previous research. I could just use a little guidance from some of you vets. Everybody responds differently to different variables. I'm just trying to find whats right for me by explaining my personal experience. A friend of mine has an awesome physique and is gaining strength all the time. His diet is crap though, he can go most of the day without food and this doesn't seem to effect his progress. Why could this be?

sleep.eat.train is offline Junior Member
    Eat sleep train. Many people over look sleep, but if you don't rest how do you expect your body to grow. AAS would be last on the list as it would be the last resort after everything else is in place.

I had the same problem, I didn't enjoy eating I actually felt like i was gonna vomit half the time because I was force feeding myself. But than I changed my eating schedule to eating every 2 hrs but having smaller meals and it was much easier to eat because I wasn't sitting for a very long time trying to eat my food. Also once you start eating more, its not easy to get out of the habit.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    1. Diet
    2. Training & Rest
    3. Steroids

In that order

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with both post above, its really hard to quantify which is more important Diet Training or Rest since the success of each depends on the other two. As far as steroids unless Diet, training and rest are available to you during your cycle you gains will be limited since as already stated growth requires all three and since steroids serve to increase the rate of growth they relay on the other three for good results.

As far as you specific case, the only time to use powder in my opinion is PWO (as the speed with which it can be assimilated is great) as many studies show although you may take 50gs of whey you will not convert nearly this amount and the more you use per day the worse it gets. So thinking you are taking in 300gms a day in protein when 150 come from whey is just not realistic. The same goes for other supps, stick with real food and many small meals you will be a lot happier.

I can say this from my own experience with a short ester (prop), that not only is proper diet in general good but priming for a cycle as outlined by Marcus will really lauch your gains.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    you can take steroids out of the equation and then say the other two are both dependant on the other, steroids are only a supplement

Thanks guys.

standardIssue is offline New Member
    you are what you eat..

dieseljimmy is offline Associate Member
    I have very similar issue about six weeks into every cycle my intake becomes an issue. I avoid dbol and drol which helps.
    Ghrp-6 makes me think about food like test makes pvssy. Which is to say it makes me want to eat everything in a very aggressive fashion. Works better then eq(for food consumption) in my opinion.

S8jack3d is offline New Member
    Diet. You can use all the gear in the world but if you don't have food to fuel growth then you just wasted your money. You can grow without steroids and you can grow without exercise or sleep but you can't grow without food. Don't get me wrong, sleep is very important and so is exercising but diet is the single most important factor. Get your diet dialed in and you will see better results than you have your entire life.

millionairemurph is offline Senior Member
    hands down diet. Diet is so important I would list it as #1 and #2 on my list of which things are the most important. Of course you will gain some weight if you juice and your diet consists of fast food crap. But what happens as soon as you go off cycle? You wind up with less muscle and strength than you had before the cycle started.

Rest is very important, as is "active rest", ie, resting physically while awake. I think people who train very, very, hard might even need a nap during the day for optimal growth. If thats not feasible, then at least spend an hour once or twice a day relaxing with a book or something else productive but not physically draining.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    DIET!

Quote Originally Posted by sleep.eat.train View Post
    Eat sleep train. Many people over look sleep, but if you don't rest how do you expect your body to grow. AAS would be last on the list as it would be the last resort after everything else is in place.
    Wouldn't that more accurately be worded "train, eat, sleep"???
    Might want to change your name.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

Newyorkrockstar is offline Associate Member
    You can fade into eating more have the 6 7 meals small portion and just add a little here and there have snacks between like cottage cheese nuts get your stomach used to the food and trick your mind to doing it

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Newyorkrockstar View Post
    You can fade into eating more have the 6 7 meals small portion and just add a little here and there have snacks between like cottage cheese nuts get your stomach used to the food and trick your mind to doing it
    agree, your body gets used to all the eating, i used to hate forcing food down my throat, now i can eat all day everyday. OP, you will get more efficient at it also, once you know whats working for you

Thanks so much guys, I think i've always known this is my problem, just needed confirmation really. Reading these replies gives me so much encouragement, many thanks. I'm going to raid the cupboards now

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    Cant break it down like that at all IMO. They are seperate things! 100% diet, 100% training. Then steroids are an add on when you hit the top of what the others can do. Think of it like this, if you eat 100% correct for bbing and dont train whats going to happen...Or if you train 100% correct for bbing and dont eat well again, no gains. Think of them as seperate and each requires 100% effort to get 100% of the results out of them...Then steroids are an after thought option...

Thread Information