Having spent a few years looking at various AAS forums I have noticed a pattern: vets frown upon younger people taking AAS.

I disagree with that attitude, unless the person in question still going through puberty, which ends about age 17 for males. DUring puberty, testosterone (and specifically testosterone) can result in premature closure of epiphyseal plates (ends of your bones so they dont grow longer, and thus stunting your height).

But for people aged 19? Come on. I hear vets saying "you can ruin your sex life forever" "youll get hurt". Can you ruin your sex life forever? WIll you get hurt?
These types of comments are very patronizing and shows very little respect for the intelligence of young people.

The most pressing concern vets have is that the usage of AAS would result in negative feedback and that may never disappear. First that is a myth. ESPECIALLY with regards to T3 usage; the degree of negative feedback is DIRECTLY related to how much you take, that is, takign too much and too long will NOT result in permanent shut down. Same applies to other hormonal usage.

Second, the issue of 'getting hurt' is quite vague and just seems like 'I dont wnan abother explaining myself' attitude. The main issues with AAS usage is liver toxicity and cardiac problems. The liver toxicity is only really a threat when takign orals, but given that alcohol and paracetamol are probably even more liver toxic, I do not see why people continue to demonize AAS in terms of liver damage. When takign orals, just monitor your liver enzymes carefully and come off if it gets out of hand. One issue vets dont tend to see is cardiac probelms, which worries me a bit more than liver issues. Cardiac problems coming from potential polycythemia and increased blood pressure. These raise the risk of sudden cardiac death and over the long term, ventricular damage.

With regards to coming off cycle and not knowing to to apply PCT, etc. I think that is a load of rubbish. Your body's natural hormonal output will decrease over time regardless of AAS or not. TRT is becoming increasingly popular, although still stigmatized by the unintelligent decisions of the US's attitudes towards AAS usage. Eventually, all males will benefit from TRT. Whether your testosterone comes naturally or from TRT doesnt make a difference. So, NEVER coming off (say a maintenance dosage of 200mg/wk of test) is not a bad idea because that IS the inevitable result anyway.

So instead of turning younger people and new people away why not provide them with information and inform them properly and letting them make their own choices instead of being so arrogant, elitist and patronizing? People arent stupid, and if they are, that isnt our problem as long as we provided the proper information for them.

One thing people fail to see is that when a person recieves a comment like this: "no source checks until you are 200lbs and 6% bodyfat" may drive people to making poetntially dangerous purhcases (ie contaminated vials, fake gear, misdosed gear, etc). It is like making something illegal, driving its sale underground, makign it even more dangerous.

This article may seem different, but I am a medical student and it is the attitude that the medical community takes..and the key word is AUTONOMY. Paternalism is what doctors did in the past.

Take ...a 15 year old who wants to pruhcase birth control pills. A doctor wll not say: 'youre too young, stay away from drugs and dont have sex'. No. The doctor will test to see if the 15 yo undertsands the pros and cons of usage etc and then letting them decide. If they are deemed competant, then the pill is prescribed.

Let's move forward..not backwards.