bezzy is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

out of date tamoxifen

i have some tamoxifen that is due to go out of date.... would i be safe to use them in the future or is it best off throwing the away??

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    It should be fine. The expiration date on the box is usually less than the FDA's mandated expiration. And the US Military tested their drug stockpiles and after many years of storing their drugs (in the not so best of conditions), their drugs were still effective and safe to use. So I'd go ahead and use it.

2big2btru is offline Associate Member

Old tamoxifen

I was training in Brazil and took a box of Nolva that expired 2 years earlier.
    A brief history (I was prone to gyno and had the surgery when I was 21) My family doc now was fresh out of med school and easily persuaded (with proof of surgery) that I needed the drug. I stockpiled it for a rainy day...anyway, i took the wrong packs and they worked. I got the lump and it quickly took care of it.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It should be fine. The expiration date on the box is usually less than the FDA's mandated expiration. And the US Military tested their drug stockpiles and after many years of storing their drugs (in the not so best of conditions), their drugs were still effective and safe to use. So I'd go ahead and use it.

^^^At least that’s the story…

…I’ve seen Kong’s information parroted numerous times throughout the years, but when I looked it up (cursory mind you, not extensively) I was unable to find a single article (though there are many that reference this study) which actually cites this sometimes US military, sometimes US Army, sometimes US Dept of Defense study.

As the story goes (paraphrased):

The military, which had developed the habit of throwing out the drug stockpiles Kong referenced every few years, when they got curious and commissioned a study of over 100 drugs (both OTC and scripted). They discovered that 90% of them were perfectly good for use 15 yrs after the posted expiration date.
    ----------------------------------

You know I’m a researcher, so for me the veracity of information/data (no matter how prevalent) is ONLY as good as its source. So if someone does have, or looks deeper into this and finds this particular study please post it.

Incidentally, I once came across a verifiable Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences study in which:

“…122 different drug products (3005 different lots). The drug products were categorized into five groups based on incidence of initial extension failures and termination failures (extended lot eventually failed upon re-testing). Based on testing and stability assessment, 88% of the lots were extended at least 1 year beyond their original expiration date for an average extension of 66 months, but the additional stability period was highly variable.”
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...20636/abstract
    Basically it says that a variety of drugs were tested anywhere from 1yr to approx. 5 yrs past expiration and that 88% were still good, but that their effectiveness (how well they worked) varied greatly.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    its cheap enough ,why risk?
    Quote Originally Posted by bezzy View Post
    i have some tamoxifen that is due to go out of date.... would i be safe to use them in the future or is it best off throwing the away??

bezzy is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    cheers peeps...

Thread Information