Bicycle4Cardio is offline New Member

How much time between a bulking and cutting cycle?

Is there a recommended wait time or a general consensus between a bulking and cutting cycle. For example, if someone was to do 400mg/wk of Test Cyp for 12wks how much time should they wait before going to a cutting cycle such as 100mg/EOD Test Prop and 75mgs/EOD Tren ?

The reason I ask is most I have seen that do cycles also put on a good amount of body fat along with the muscle mass. It would seem like trying to cut directly after a cycle without being on another would be MUCH more difficult due to the catabolic and low-Test state the body is now in?

cjBeast is offline New Member
    I would suggest your standard 2-3 wk PCT followed by an additional 2-3 wks of maintenance with no AS. Toss in some ZMAs to up regulate your natural test production and then assuming all 'feels' good, start your cut cycle. A good idea is to buy a few home testosterone test kits, test before bulk and after PCT to check levels.

bmit is offline Member
    Lots of factors to consider. If you are past or close to your genetic limit you may not be able to cut without AAS (or even without high-dose AAS) without losing a good deal of muscle. If you gained a lot of muscle relative to what you had prior to the cycle you want to give your body a chance to reach homeostasis at that new weight and muscle level. You certainly don't want to be doing anything till you are out of PCT, and then consider how much muscle you gained to figure out how long your body will take to adjust to the weight?

I.e. what were your stats before the cycle and what are they now?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjBeast View Post
    I would suggest your standard 2-3 wk PCT followed by an additional 2-3 wks of maintenance with no AS. Toss in some ZMAs to up regulate your natural test production and then assuming all 'feels' good, start your cut cycle. A good idea is to buy a few home testosterone test kits, test before bulk and after PCT to check levels.
    absolute crap 'advice'

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle4Cardio View Post
    Is there a recommended wait time or a general consensus between a bulking and cutting cycle. For example, if someone was to do 400mg/wk of Test Cyp for 12wks how much time should they wait before going to a cutting cycle such as 100mg/EOD Test Prop and 75mgs/EOD Tren ?

The reason I ask is most I have seen that do cycles also put on a good amount of body fat along with the muscle mass. It would seem like trying to cut directly after a cycle without being on another would be MUCH more difficult due to the catabolic and low-Test state the body is now in?
    age and stats please

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    age and stats please
    28yo
    5'7"
    190 lbs
    6 years training
    1st cycle
    Last edited by Bicycle4Cardio; 02-20-2011 at 06:29 AM.

cro
    cro is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    bf%?
    28yo
    5'7"
    190 lbs
    6 years training
    1st cycle

Quote Originally Posted by cro View Post
    bf%?
    ~15%

Shroud83 is offline Junior Member
    You definitely don't want to jump onto a cutting cycle right after an AAS cycle, you will lose your gains. Your body is already trying to restore "normality" so you really need to stay on the mass building diet until you are WELL out of PCT. Also cutting while on AAS is a common practice. My strategy is this (based on 16 weeks combined of aas and pct):

16 weeks bulking while on AAS and PCT
    16 weeks bulking (taking a break from AAS)
    16 weeks cutting while on AAS
    16 weeks bulking (taking a break from AAS)

In this example, out of the roughly year and a half of training, 1/4 of the time is spent cutting while on AAS. This way when you're not on AAS you're still eating enough to maintain your gains. This isn't going to work for everyone and it depends on your goals, and I'm certainly no expert on the matter, so take my advice with a grain of salt

-Shroud

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member

General rule of thumb for cycle lengths is,, TIME ON=TIME OFF

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Time on + pct = time off is a general rule to follow but blood work will also be the best option after the general rule as been followed

Thread Information