PK-V is offline Productive Member

Question Having sleep problems

Currently in PCT (2 serms)

I have trouble in waking up in the morning and can sleep for 13 hours at a time and pretty much always have a hard time waking up getting myself out of bed
    I set an alarm every night but wake up and turn it off because I am so tired and fall straight back into bed.

The only other meds im on is hydroxyzine which is a mildly sedative

People tell me it's laziness but I put the holiday scenario into play where you have to get up for a holiday vs work or college and well im pretty sure I would be the exact same

I always hear about people have trouble getting sleep
    But not of people trying to come back to the real world from sleeping

Is it really laziness I have a feeling im gonna have to buy a taser and tie it to some sort of string that hits me every morning

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by PK-V View Post

I have trouble in waking up in the morning and can sleep for 13 hours at a time and pretty much always have a hard time waking up getting myself out of bed
    I set an alarm every night but wake up and turn it off because I am so tired and fall straight back into bed.

People tell me it's laziness but I put the holiday scenario into play where you have to get up for a holiday vs work or college and well im pretty sure I would be the exact same

Is it really laziness I have a feeling im gonna have to buy a taser and tie it to some sort of string that hits me every morning
    It seems to me you need to get better quality sleep. If you can, I'd try to go without the sedative and see if the quality of your sleep improves.

snowman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PK-V View Post

Why are you on Hydroxyzine, for anxiety or insomnia??? i took that before, and was always tired, felt the same way you do.... i have bad anxiety and also sleeping problems, i changed meds a couple of times ( well my doctor)... i now take alprazolam .05mg for anxiety ( just before i go to bed), and sleep and wake up great the next day ( alprazolam makes u relax)... in the past i've also tried " Gravol -nonprescription antihistamine dimenhydrinate ,this drug is used to treat or prevent motion sickness and drug-induced nausea, BUT it also helped me sleep.
    lastly if its just a sleeping problem, try melatonin first.

dirtybrd is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like normal coming off tiredness to me. I use Xanax to help me sleep also, that scrip came in very handy with Tren A.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    If you want to try the natural approach try 3mg Melatonin before bed or try some ZMA.

ProBody. is offline New Member
    ive this same problem, except im not taking any gear.
    on the weekends i could sleep till 3 pm and im still tired, ever saturday i just force myself to wake up at noon lol

and usually when im tryin to sleep theres all kind of shiet goin through my head and next morning im damn tired, maybe ur in the same situation bro

grumpee is offline Associate Member
    I was put on hydroxyzine 6-7 years ago for allergies. It caused me fatique and I never wanted to get up. I got off it after awhile and never looked back.

If you need something to get you to fall asleep I would try eating some almond butter with a casein or egg white protein shake then take some melotonin. works wonders for me

strange... I replied to this thread last week but it seems like the post never went through

thanks for the advice all

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    It seems to me you need to get better quality sleep. If you can, I'd try to go without the sedative and see if the quality of your sleep improves.
    I do certainly need to allocate more time for sleep

unfortunately the the non sedative second generation anti-histamines don't work for my condition

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Why are you on Hydroxyzine, for anxiety or insomnia??? i took that before, and was always tired, felt the same way you do.... i have bad anxiety and also sleeping problems, i changed meds a couple of times ( well my doctor)... i now take alprazolam .05mg for anxiety ( just before i go to bed), and sleep and wake up great the next day ( alprazolam makes u relax)... in the past i've also tried " Gravol -nonprescription antihistamine dimenhydrinate ,this drug is used to treat or prevent motion sickness and drug-induced nausea, BUT it also helped me sleep.
    lastly if its just a sleeping problem, try melatonin first.
    I'm on hydroxyzine for chronic idiopathic cholinergic urticaria

good to hear you got onto better meds bro

unfortunately I can't come off these meds or my condition will flare up so bad it prevents me from doing anything (see below) FML

Heath-related quality-of-life (HRQOL) tools have demonstrated the extent to which physicians underestimate the impact of this disorder. From the patient perspective, CU affects as many dimensions of the HRQOL as some life-threatening diseases or well-recognized disabling chronic skin disorders, such as psoriasis or atopic dermatitis.

CLINICAL REVIEWS IN ALLERGY AND IMMUNOLOGY
    Volume 30, Number 1, 47-51, DOI: 10.1385/CRIAI:30:1:047

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrd;55***78
    Sounds like normal coming off tiredness to me. I use Xanax to help me sleep also, that scrip came in very handy with Tren A.
    could certainly be a contributing factor, although I though I remembered reading that the higher your estrogen levels the more lethargic you become
    I guess playing with any hormones effecting your bodies equilibrium will have it's down falls

Quote Originally Posted by **** View Post
    If you want to try the natural approach try 3mg Melatonin before bed or try some ZMA.
    hmmm all the alkiline minerals, certainly a good combo to help you get to sleep but my problem is with getting up in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by ProBody. View Post
    ive this same problem, except im not taking any gear.
    on the weekends i could sleep till 3 pm and im still tired, ever saturday i just force myself to wake up at noon lol

and usually when im tryin to sleep theres all kind of shiet goin through my head and next morning im damn tired, maybe ur in the same situation bro
    you should try some vitamin B12 bro! stuffs great to prevent your mind from racing at night

Quote Originally Posted by grumpee View Post
    I was put on hydroxyzine 6-7 years ago for allergies. It caused me fatique and I never wanted to get up. I got off it after awhile and never looked back.

If you need something to get you to fall asleep I would try eating some almond butter with a casein or egg white protein shake then take some melotonin. works wonders for me
    nom nom nom sounds tasty lol

thanks for the replies all

Edit: Guys I found the answer I was looking for

The role of histamines in waking

Abstract

"A study by scientists with the Veterans Affairs' Neurobiology Research Laboratory and UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute shows that brain cells containing the chemical histamine are critical for waking."

References: The UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute is an interdisciplinary research and education institute devoted to the understanding of complex human behavior, including the genetic, biological, behavioral and sociocultural underpinnings of normal behavior, and the causes and consequences of neuropsychiatric disorders. More information about the Institute is available online at www.npi.ucla.edu.

[email protected]
    310-268-3340
    VA Research Communications Service

Dan Page
    [email protected]
    310-794-2265
    University of California - Los Angeles

Thread Information