Thread: Is my test low?

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Is my test low?

Height: 6'-2"
    Weight: 200lbs

Hey guys... lately ive been feeling tired like I cant get enough sleep ( I sleep atleast 8 hours every night), low ambition, I have always had a good sex drive but this weekend you wouldnt know it. I can usually have sex 2 or 3 times a day but my girl griend came home this weekend and I could barely get an erection and it took forever to ejaculate and my sex drive just wasnt there. I also have lost my appetite.. i never want to eat and im never hungry and when I do eat I dont eat very much... this has cause me to lose weight. I did a cycle of dbol at the beggining of this year... this was my first and only cycle I have done it was for 5 weeks and my PCT was 3 weeks of clomid and nolva. I did not have one single negative side affect when I was on it and when I came off. That was three months ago that couldnt be causing the problem now would it? Or do you think my test levels are just dropping? Should I try getting on some clomid and nolva to see if that will help? I also do not party or drink... just work and work out

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    Could be other metabolic issues as well, a work up from a doc would be your only way to truly know.

do you think i should try running some clomid and nolva for a couple weeks to see if that helps?

H_U_G_O is offline Associate Member
    This happens when you mess with your hormone levels at the age of 21. All the guys over here advise everyone not to cycle at this age because you will mess up you hormone levels.. you should read about the sides of clomid .. it includes depression, stress, it prevents erection due to the restart of your HPTA (sperm production) thus will lead to low sex drive.. the best thing you should do is do blood test and sperm test.. consult a doctor and don't be scared just stop cycling at this age !!!!
    Last edited by H_U_G_O; 05-02-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Back2Big is offline New Member
    Yeah.
    First you need to have blood work done to identify the problem. I just got done doing this. Normal test levels should be around 300 (per my doctor) I came in at 290. Not real low but, enough to cause my symptoms. Second don't cycle till your a little older. 21 you should just be hitting the weights HARD,eating right, and recovery time is very important.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    300 ng/dl is rather low, Back2Big. It's on the bottom of the normal range, so some docs wont treat it.

masso123 is offline Junior Member
    Try taking some proviron to help with your libido

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Please don't try ANY drugs.
    Like the guys said, "Go get your blood work done!"

You obviously have moderately severe problems that require some attention, not more trial and error.

Best to you.
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by masso123 View Post
    Try taking some proviron to help with your libido
    try not posting, to help out with ppl's enquiries

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Look kid, if you think you have low testosterone levels , the only way you can tell is if you see the doctor and get bloodwork done. Everything else is speculation. And do not try to treat it yourself.

where do I go from here? Make an appointment with my "family doctor" and let them know whats going on ( minus the steroid part) and see if they will get me set up for some blood work? Can this really be from the dbol though? Imean I ended PTC almost 3 months ago....

Honkey, totally agree. I'm VERY LUCKY to have the doc I have. Been seeing her for over 10yrs and she knows that I'm not bs'ing her. My question to you is, what is Normal? She was saying 300.

THE-DET-OAK is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Back2Big View Post
    Honkey, totally agree. I'm VERY LUCKY to have the doc I have. Been seeing her for over 10yrs and she knows that I'm not bs'ing her. My question to you is, what is Normal? She was saying 300.
    the pharmaceutical companies set the range. these vary from company to company. 300 is low, its bottom end of most ranges. your doc is by the book, i see you having problems with her.

most ranges are 300-1000, although some companies go up to 1200. a good healthy trough is around 6-800. natural levels will hopefully be higher than this, since levels do not fluctuate nearly as much.

when i say problems I mean as soon as you test out of range once, i bet she trys to take you off. once TRT is started coming off can be uglier than before you started. educate yourself, then educate her, hopefully she will work with you.
    Last edited by THE-DET-OAK; 05-03-2011 at 10:54 PM.

another point worth mentioning is that free T is more important than total T. E2 IMO is more important than those since the window of fluctuation there is much smaller, in order to feel good.

wether we inject test or our balls make it we barely use what we have. once T enters the bloodstream about 98% is attached to albumin and SHBG. When this happens it floats around in our body and does absolutely nothing until it gets discarded. it is discarded mostly throu urine, and some through our face. Once T enters our blood stream the active life is only 10-60 minutes.

the other 2% is what attaches to our receptors and actually does something.

my point is even if you test @ 800 and your free T is low, TRT is warranted. this can be confirmed by Dr. Aziz of the A4M. tell your doc to spend some time on their site. if she see's alot of hypo men it may be worth her time to get certified by them.

To the OP: at your age I would do everything possible not to go on TRT.
    Last edited by THE-DET-OAK; 05-03-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Oak. I did just that we discussed the future and she did kind of recant what she said saying levels can be 300-1000. she however put me on androgel .
    I'm going to go with it unless you see any other issues?

I can not tell you that you wont like androgel , cause some actually like it better. these people are few and far between though. the problem lies within the very short active life, and absorbtion rates I would assume. I work mostly with injections, and i tend to get guys that have tried androgel and come to us for help. they play with the stuff for 5 months and try to get it right and sometimes it just doesnt happen. or they will start it, feel great for 2 weeks, and then back to ground zero.

I do not want to put a bad taste in your mouth, cause if thats your only option i would make the most of it.

IMO, since T levels are easier to control for some with injects, I like them better.

some tell me though they have easier time controlling levels with gel.

I wish I could help you more, but like i said i work with mostly injections, and dont have enough experience with the gel.

if your comfortable with injections, and she is willing, I personally would take that route. I would hate to fool around with that sloppy mess for months only to realise injects are the way to go.

when you do an injection, you know EXACTLY how much T your getting.

what dosages, timing does she have you set up on?

also has she metnioned what TT levels her goal is with you? its nice to work this out before hand so later there is no surprises.

Thread Information