aussie_bodybuilda is offline Associate Member

how the hell do people do fasted am cardio....?

ok i never have tried it and want to... but every time i wake up i feel like shit.... like how the fuk are u meant to do it...

1. its freezing atm winter and fkn mega cold in the morning

2. i am a grumpy man and hate the mornings

3. i feel small and weak and no energy and feel that my body immediately needs food ( even tho i struggle to eat in the morning i still do it ) since ive been sleeping for so long 6-9 hours or watever the time period is.....

4. is it ok if u eat something upon waking up and then do cardio or does that defeat the purpose of the fastest am cardio.?

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    just dont do it. do it PWO

you;ve talked yourself out of it anways lol

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quit being a PUSS sit down drink a cup of coffee then hit the road.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    You just have to do it. Either you want to or you don't.

toooosmall is offline 1st Place Winner~Transformation Contest!
    I saw this right after my morning jog. When I first started doing fasted am cardio, it was miserable. I would be very agitated for the first few hours of the day. Eventually my body got used to not having food immediately waking up, and don't get nearly as edgy. Some things that really help alot is having a bowl of lowfat cottage cheese with casein protein mixed in with water just before bed (so i wouldn't be so hungry in the morning), and in the morning I have a cup of coffee with primatene tablets (ephedrine) to get me pumped (makes a HUGE difference). I make a protein shake to have it ready for me to drink immediately after cardio. It gets easier over time, but it will never be easy. You have to push yourself. but the ECA stack sure helps!
    and, yes, eating before cardio would defeat the purpose. You want your body to get it's energy from your fat, not from carbs. that's another reason cardio is also done after workouts, because then your body is depleted of carbs, and it is burning fat for energy.
    Last edited by toooosmall; 07-10-2011 at 07:11 AM.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    ive always found it easy and im not a happy camper in the morns either, it really sets you up for the day, just diff getting tht 1st 5mins over you

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    I concur, when you're not used to fasted am cardio the first 5 to 12 minutes are a biatch.Afterwards, is all cool and it can be enjoyed if you have good tunes to listen to while at it

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    how some of you guys can do eca stacks, have ephedrine, etc so early in the morning.I think I would suffer from a massive heart attack if I do that much in the morning right before a cardio session

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    I have a scoop of protein powder in water, with so much better performances and the 100 or so calorories is negibile really, the weight still drops off.

ya wouldnt it be okay to have a whey protein shake or any source of protein in the morning ? as long as u dont have any carbs? so atleast ur not catabolic?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    All it really comes down to is how bad you want it...

If you dont have the will power to pull yourself out of bed in the morning to do cardio then you may as well quit now because that is easy....
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_bodybuilda View Post
    ok i never have tried it and want to... but every time i wake up i feel like shit.... like how the fuk are u meant to do it...

1. its freezing atm winter and fkn mega cold in the morning

2. i am a grumpy man and hate the mornings

3. i feel small and weak and no energy and feel that my body immediately needs food ( even tho i struggle to eat in the morning i still do it ) since ive been sleeping for so long 6-9 hours or watever the time period is.....

4. is it ok if u eat something upon waking up and then do cardio or does that defeat the purpose of the fastest am cardio.?
    you also need to address tht paranoia mate, enjoy your training dont let it get to you, i spent too long thinking like that and the release is fantastic when you decide 'fvck it, i dont give a shit if i lose 0.0000000000001LB of muscle'

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Once you get into it your body will adjust. It still sucks to wake up but once you start moving you feel really good.
    I don't do it anymore but I did for many years, not by choice though

Darksyde is offline Member
    its one of those things you just have to start doing it, and you will find that you adapt quite readily and it may actually start to feel 'right'.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    ya wouldnt it be okay to have a whey protein shake or any source of protein in the morning ? as long as u dont have any carbs? so atleast ur not catabolic?
    I'm not saying anyone should have a full protein shake with scoops of powder and whatever else to fuel the whole session, just one scoop to give you that little extra to get you started.

awms is offline Senior Member
    25-50mg ephedrine
    200mg caffeine
    5-10g of bcaa's

wait 15-20 mins and your good to go although later in the day you will crash lol

awms is offline Senior Member
    you dont really need to do fasted cardio until you are bellow 10% bf...I find it works well when your trying to loose that extra 2-3% bf that wont come off but make sure you have carbs and protein right away post cardio! also its much better to do it on cycle for obvious reasons but to each their own.

so would it be okay to say have a whey protein shake, 1 scoop prob about 30g protein. then sum caffine / BCA. rest maybe 15-30min then just start doing cardio?

Blog Entries
    so would it be okay to say have a whey protein shake, 1 scoop prob about 30g protein. then sum caffine / BCA. rest maybe 15-30min then just start doing cardio?
    i wouldnt even bother with pre cardio protein tbh. if you're worried, chuck afew bcaa's down ya

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    i wouldnt even bother with pre cardio protein tbh. if you're worried, chuck afew bcaa's down ya
    so u reckon just bca and some caffine for pre workout cardio ?

whey protein is quick digesting, 30 grams is 120 calories, most of that protein would be used for energy. I would prefer to jog off 120 calories from my fat stores than from a potentially bloating protein shake.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by "Maximus" View Post
    how some of you guys can do eca stacks, have ephedrine, etc so early in the morning.I think I would suffer from a massive heart attack if I do that much in the morning right before a cardio session
    You won't!
    Master Pai Mei of the White Lotus Clan

My motto: SAFETY & RESPECT (for drugs and others).

I AM NOT A SOURCE, I DO NOT GIVE OUT SOURCES, OR PROVIDE SOURCE CHECKS.
    I DO NOT SUPPORT ANY UGL's OR ANY ORGANIZATION DEALING WITH THE DISTRIBUTION OF ILLEGAL NARCOTICS/SUBSTANCES!

Difference between Drugs & Poisons
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/317700-best-fat-loss-compound.html

Half-lives explained
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...inal+half+life

DNP like Chemotherapy, can be a useful poison, but both are still POISONS
    http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-steroids-questions-answers/306144-dnp-issue.html

BE CAREFUL!

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by toooosmall View Post
    whey protein is quick digesting, 30 grams is 120 calories, most of that protein would be used for energy. I would prefer to jog off 120 calories from my fat stores than from a potentially bloating protein shake.
    It is not as simple as that

If intensity is kept fairly low Gluconeogenesis would not occur quick enough for it to be as simple as you make it sound
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    you dont really need to do fasted cardio until you are bellow 10% bf...I find it works well when your trying to loose that extra 2-3% bf that wont come off but make sure you have carbs and protein right away post cardio! also its much better to do it on cycle for obvious reasons but to each their own.
    why would you tell anyone this?

i just started doing fasted cardio and i am using 10g BCAA upon waking. it helps curb the stomach growls and helps you from burning precious lean mass.

Blog Entries
    so u reckon just bca and some caffine for pre workout cardio ?
    yeah, if you ask me, you're not gona lose muscle in a 45-60min medium pace cardio session, the body doesnt use it for fuel that readily

what do u guys call medium pace / low intensity cardio... 50-70% heart rate.?

and what if u were to do high intensity?

and how long are u ideally meant to be doing cardio for in the morning ? 30-60min ?

and is it just running on a treadmill or elipticle trainer? or can it be any type of cardio? including abs / other weird movements etc with medicine balls and whatever weird cardio things u can think of .?

I was a potbellied pig before winning the contest in this forum. The key, the very key, imo, was HIIT am fasted cardio. (google HIIT.) Under a trainer, I was doing it an hour 5 mornings per week in the last month. I lost 31 lbs in 3 months. I still do this at least once or twice a week, along with jogging once or twice a week am fasted. I've gone down 10-15 pounds since.
    imo, any cardio will suffice if it gets your heartbeat continuously med-high intensity. I prefer high. with ephedrine, caffeine, and green tea extract.

Thread Information