Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie_bodybuilda View Post
    so which foods am i meant to be eating that contains all those things u listed to help aid with digestion?
    use supps mate, only way to be accurate. i eat like a race horse and dont have wind at all. my diet is made up from:

chicken
    tuna
    steak
    eggs
    haddock
    salmon
    ground almonds
    rice cakes
    wholemeal breads
    oats
    Reflex Whey

Venomous is offline New Member
    Beano seems to work a little for me. I am thinking of trying gas-x

oscarjones is offline Banned
    You may have issues with gut bacteria. Read this about SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth).

"When bacteria digest food in the intestine, they produce gas. The gas can accumulate in the abdomen giving rise to abdominal bloating or distension. Distension can cause abdominal pain. The increased amounts of gas are passed as flatus (flatulence or farts). The bacteria also probably convert food into substances that are irritating or toxic to the cells of the inner lining of the small intestine and colon. These irritating substances produce diarrhea (by causing secretion of water into the intestine). There is some evidence that the production of one gas by the bacteria-methane-causes constipation.

Bacteria in the small intestine, when present in large numbers, can compete with the human host for the food that is eaten. This can lead to malnutrition with vitamin and mineral deficiencies. In advanced cases of SIBO, the bacteria use up enough food that there are insufficient calories for the host, thereby leading to weight loss. "

http://www.medicinenet.com/small_int...owth/page4.htm

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I havent read this whole thread but gas is caused almost exclusively from carbohydrates. It is almost impossible - in the abscence of an allergy , for fats or proteins to cause gas. Gas occurs when foods are unable to be properly digested and they reach the lower intestine in an undigested or partially digested state. The solution is prob as simple as switching your carb sources or locating a dairy allergy and addressing it. I think its prudent to do this anyway as your body is clearly giving you signs of distress ...find what foods your body assimilates best.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    things as simple as chewing food enough can have an effect also

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    things as simple as chewing food enough can have an effect also
    True - anything that prevents digestion from taking place allowing undigested or partially digested food to reach the lower intestine undigested. Something as simple as not thoroughly chewing your food could contribute to this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information