jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life

HCG necessary for Test Prop 12wk @ 500mg

I'll be starting my first cycle next week..

-12 wks Test prop @ 500mg/wk
    -possibly 400-600mg EQ/wk also, depending on how my body deals with the test after the first few wks. Have it on hand but not sure if i want to include it in my first cycle
    -armidex @ .5 eod

PCT - Nolva n Clomid

Will the use of HCG be necessary?

I've seen it recommended by many people on here throughout the cycle, however research indicates differently. According to the profile on this site and a few others, It is only necessary for real long or heavy cycles and should be used for no more than 4 consecutive weeks, then take at least 4 weeks off.
    Also I see many people on here recommending 250IU e3d, however according to the profile 500IU/week will not produce the desired effects and will only result in helping the prostate. I realize 250 e3d is more than 500/wk but not by much

I am just concerned about total shutdown, which I've read tends to happen around wk 10 on a moderate to low cycle, and will suppress after week 2. I've read that the shutdown isnt necessarily bad for you, but could result in more PCT needed... thoughts? I'd rather have the boys working somewhat, as total shutdown sounds like it cant be good for your system

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Trust me forget the eq..

Imo its not needed or if i was running the same cycle i wouldn't bother but if you have it or are worried then why not.......
    Do not ask me for a source check.

FCVtec is offline Associate Member
    I would use it. Not pricy and may be beneficial in recovering from a cycle. You would only need around 10000iu for 12 weeks anyways.

borkach is offline Junior Member
    This is what i dont get, if injections of test would decrease your natural level of test, why would you want to take hcg ? will it still make your body produce test while you are still using steroids ?

Thx for the input guys, I think I will drop the EQ. The HCG is still undecided as I will continue to read up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by borkach View Post
    This is what i dont get, if injections of test would decrease your natural level of test, why would you want to take hcg? will it still make your body produce test while you are still using steroids?
    The HCG will stop the boys from completely shutting down and make PCT go more smoothly

cb714 is offline Member
    I've read a lot of people saying hcg should only be used no more than 2 weeks and that prolonged use could actually hurt your recovery.

borkach is offline Junior Member
    so its not 100% need to be run during the cycle.....since it could possibly hurt the recovery?

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I would love to see where *intelligent people* say not to use HCG for more than 2 weeks and how it hurts recovery!

Yes it is best during cycle, keeps Intratesticular testosterone volume up so the boys dont shrink as much which makes recovery easier.

and how r u gonna do prop at 500 a week? ED shots? EOD shots? what amount... thats a rather odd number of test for prop...

Quote Originally Posted by cb714 View Post
    I've read a lot of people saying hcg should only be used no more than 2 weeks and that prolonged use could actually hurt your recovery.
    This makes no sense at all!

And BTW, shooting test does not just lower your natural test levels... It shuts it down completely after only 2 or 3 weeks on gear. Using HCG throughout cycle is beneficial (Top notch TRT doctors say so)
    Last edited by FCVtec; 07-24-2011 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonada8 View Post
    I would love to see where *intelligent people* say not to use HCG for more than 2 weeks and how it hurts recovery!
    "As stated above the cycles of HCG should be in the 2 to 3 week range with a least one month off in between, you could stretch your cycle out to four weeks without any major concern if you are using lower doses. One should however take care when using HCG as prolonged use could repress the body’s natural production of gonadotropins permanently" Direct quote from the Steroid profile on this site
    Also stated, "this is speculative", however I'm fairly confident the largest Anabolic site in the world wouldn't allow a baseless claim in their official drug profile

This is why I was asking experienced users on their thoughts, as I would rather be safe than sorry
    Last edited by jasc; 07-24-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Blog Entries
    Some info on this site is out of date. The more up to date info is found on the stickies. And alot is written by ar before all that drama happened with him and stuff.

That section is refering to doing hcg alone trying to boost test. Same way how manny ramieriez got caught. When it's used during cycle it mimics LH which is gonna be shut down to exogenous test anyways. The definitions and explanations are correct but some protocols have changed due to new research.

It's best for on cycle and not pct.

Also how r u doing shots? U never answered that part...
    Last edited by Lemonada8; 07-24-2011 at 11:59 AM.

I will be doing .5ml ED
    I had a friend who's a chem professor at a local colllege test a vial I got to make sure it was legit, and see the actual mg/ml since it was my first purchase of this kind from my source
    It tested at 140mg/ml so ED would yield approx 490mg/week... close enough to 500

I was planning/hoping to run HCG throughout cycle @ 250iu e3d because I am uneasy about total shutdown, I just wanted to ask some thoughts on here due to conflicting info I had read
    Last edited by jasc; 07-24-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    looks good doing .5cc ed is easier IMO than 1cc eod.

if u have bad menopause sides from clomid, lower ur dose some. not everyone has these, but its the biggest complaint of it.

how u doing pct? standard i guess?
    nolva 40/40/20/20
    clomid 100/100/50/50?
    you may begood just doing 2 weeks of clomid at 100/50 or even 50/50 and finish with nolva cuz ur doing HCG oncycle and some do a nolva only pct for test. Clomid is a must for more suppressive cycles however, but thats 19nors that are more suppressive.

Ya i figured ED would be better because my levels would be more consistent

PCT was planned before I considered HCG so i was going to run:
    Clomid 100/50/50/50
    Nolva 40/20/20/20
    I have more than enough of the two to run as originally planned and then some
    Would it hurt to run clomid the full 4wks after using HCG just to be safe? or is that overkill because I will not be totally shutdown?

Blog Entries
    Yea u'll be fine either way but make sure to run nolva a week past to prevent any rebound from the clomid, it's not nearly as bad it sounds but it can happen

I appreciate the help brotha.. Hoping to start mid week when my L-Dex shows up

Just wanna add 1 thing... Some people don't respond to lower doses of HCG ... I would do at least 400iu e3d instead of the 250iu you got planned. Just my .02

Thread Information