StyleX is offline New Member

anabolic steroids to overcome chronic pain from neuropathy

Hey guys, I want your opinion on something. I'm a 20 year old male thinking of starting a deca cycle with test and anti-estrogen.

My reasons, however, are not aesthetic, bodybuilding, etc. Although I used to be athletic (captain of high school football team, won a city basketball championship, etc.), I suffered from a debilitating neuropathic injury about 4.5 years ago. I was a vegetable for awhile, and although I recovered, I still suffer from chronic pain because of some muscular atrophy and general weakness. This chronic pain affects every part of my life: career, relationships, confidence, happiness, sex life, health, family, finances (healthcare costs, unable to walk long distances so must pay for cabs), etc.

I've finally decided to say enough is enough. I've tried everything in the book, from painkillers to acupuncture to rehab programs to cortisone shots, but the problem is it's like my muscles are depressed...they can't get out of this funk of chronic pain. I want to try anabolic steroids to give that extra boost to get me out of this chronic pain funk; I know that once my muscles are strong enough to exercise, I will be able to regain my former athletic self. I have the blueprint, I just need the tools.

To give you a bit of an idea of how weak I am right now, I cannot do a single pushup without feeling pain. I have not seen any improvement for a few years. Compare this to when I was 15, and I could bench 200, do a single bicep curl of 45, and hang rim even though I was only 5'9. Will steroids help my chronic pain condition by allowing me to exercise without pain, and with quicker healing?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't know that AAS will do anything for pain.
    GH and IGF-1 may be able to help regrow damaged nerves, so I would look into that first. (and by "look into" I mean do extensive research, not buy the stuff and start using it).

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    i take gabapentin for that type related pain. steroids will do nothing for you

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    I think its important for you to note where the pain stems from: muscular, nerve, etc... Based on this, it could be determined if they might help or not. Before using steroids , i suffered from chronic back pain which was unable to be diagnosed by many different doctors. Like you, i too ventured and started self medicating only to find that steroids (most anadrol and dbol ) were they only things that made my back feel significantly better. Thats not my primary reason for using but kind of got lucky...guess its really just my excuse. I later found out that my pain was caused by tendon damage that was causing muscle inflammation of which for obvious reason the steroids helped. Good luck to you and do some research.

StyleX is offline New Member
    The nerve damage has completely subsided; to dec, I took gabapentin too but I've been off for a good 4 years. It's just that being in a vegetablistic state for so long has left me very weak in a chronic cycle of pain (everytime I try to do something, I injure myself). I figured steroids could help me break out of this, since the root cause is muscle weakness.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleX View Post
    The nerve damage has completely subsided; to dec, I took gabapentin too but I've been off for a good 4 years. It's just that being in a vegetablistic state for so long has left me very weak in a chronic cycle of pain (everytime I try to do something, I injure myself). I figured steroids could help me break out of this, since the root cause is muscle weakness.
    what dose of gabapentin were you on mate? ive serious pain relating to a trapped nerve in the intercostal muscles after having a bad car crash. i use 600mg's per day to control it, my doc says its safe to take up to 3000mgs of tht stuff pd. maybe you need a higher dose? i take mine all at night so i avoid the lethargic weariness it can induce

Blog Entries
    Last edited by dec11; 07-27-2011 at 04:32 PM.

mtb1981 is offline New Member
    I have experience with both opiates and steroids , and there is zero comparison. If you have actual chronic pain, opiates are the only real pain relief.

However, opiates do cause secondary hypogonadism. So if you were on them for a decent amount of time, maybe get your test levels checked out.

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    fvck off spamming assholes
    Quoting spammers keeps spam on the board.

Please edit your post.
    -Corey "Narkissos" Springer

Published Author.
    Owner of :
    Apollo Fitness Barbados etc
    Blogger

Quote Originally Posted by texasmk4
    Nark is like intel, Brilliant inside and awsome outside :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Here's a little-known-secret, that most people won't tell you: In the sphere of fitness, everything works.
    Every(intelligent)thing works (once aptly and consistently applied)
    It really is that simple.
    This is the perpetual bodybuilding paradigm
    **No Source Checks**
    Contact Me

Tbound is offline Junior Member
    To the OP....This is exactly what I did but I'm 40 and a little over 2 months ago got put on TRT. I had a very similar story except I had worked out since I was 14 and did so until around age 36 when I had a cervical fusion due to a weight lifting accident. I came out of the surgery worse off than I went in and my body withered away. My pain was off the charts and my body was so deconditioned that when I went back to work I re-injured myself. I too took large amounts of GabbaP(got up to 4 grams) but got nothing out of them or any anti-seizure med either. I got put on heavy amounts of narcotics which helped but as a previous post read went into secondary hypo. Since I started my TRT program I have gotten back into the gym and have made a drastic comeback. My body is strengthening by the day but I have taken it very slowly. Now I have probably 80% of my size back but my strength will probably not ever be the same due to the nerve damage done. One side of my torso is grossly weaker than the other but I've begun to employ extra sets and reps for it to catch up....who knows if it ever will tho. Just my story.....but you are very young so consult with your doc....don't just take it upon yourself to self medicate.

Thread Information