ItalianPride is offline Junior Member

Can Testosterone slow down metabolism ?

Hey everyone, ive been dealing with an issue for about exactly a year now. i ran test prop and anavar ( ugl ) for 7 weeks and started liquid tamox and clomi from ***** a month after for like 6 weeks. ever since then its hard to stay down to 195 lbs...before i cycled i could eat what the heck ever i want and now i gain 5 lbs in 2 days...but IF i diet...i can lose the weight. So, i did a lil research n seen with lower test levels that my metabolism will be slower...and i do feel a little tired everyday and i do not sleep normal hours anymore since i used. Should i take some tribulus ? or just see an ENDO n tell him my story...heres my levels

Age 24
    First cycle
    5'11
    195 lbs before cycle. 215 current lbs

WBC 7.9 thous/ul 3.9-10.6
    RBC 5.04 mill/ul 4.7-6.1
    Hemoglobin 15.8 g/dl 13.5-17.0
    Hematocrit 46.1% 41.0-53.0
    MCV 91.5 fL 80.0-95.0
    MCH 31.3 pg 26.0-34.0
    MCHC 34.2 g/dl 31.0-37.0
    PLT 235 thous/ul 130-400
    RDW 13.7% 11.5-14.5
    MPV 8.2 fl Low - 9.0-13.0
    Neut 72% 45.0-80,0
    Lymph 18% 15.0-40.0
    Mono 8% 0.0-10.0
    Eos 2% 0.0-4.0
    Baso 0%

Sodium 138 mEq/L 135-145
    Potassium 4.4 mEq/L 3.5-5.0
    Cloride 102mEq/L 97-109
    Co2 30mEq/L 22-30
    Elect Bal 10.4 10.0-20.0
    Glucose 77 mg/dl 65-99
    BUN 17 mg/dl 6-22
    Creatine 1.2mg/dl 0.6-1.3
    Calcium 9.0 mg/dl 8.8-10.5
    Total Protein 7.8 g/dl 6.0-8.0
    Albumin 4.1 g/dl 3.0-5.0
    Globulin 3.7 g/dl high 2.3-3.5
    Bilirubin , Total 0.50 mg/dl 0.20-1.00
    Alkaline Phos 69 Units/L 38-150
    Ast(Sgot) 33 Units/L 10-41
    Alt(SGPT) 36 Units/L 15-62
    Glomerular Fil Rate >60 mL/min/1.73m >60
    Iron 106 ug/dl 45-165
    Cholestrol 183/ml/dl <200
    Triglyceride 83mg/dl <200
    HDL Cholesterol 67 mg/dl >55
    LDL Chol(calc) 99mg/dl <130
    Chol/HDL Ratio 2.72 <5.00
    Theophyline <2.0 ug/ml Low 5.0-15.0
    TSH 1.100 mcUnits/ml 0.35803.740
    FSH 2.4
    LH 2.97 mcUnits/mL
    Progesterone 0.7
    Prolactin 7.2ng/mL 2.5-17.0
    Total Testosterone 338 Ref range: 249 to 836
    Free Test 12.1
    Estrogens Total 102 Unit: pg/mL NOTE: Prepubertal <40. Adult Male: 40-115. Castrate <40. HMG Treatment:
    Therapeutic 400 - 800
    thats all it says for that
    Sex Horm Bind Glob 19.9

Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone 10 pg/mL Ref Range 25

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Your TT, FT is low. This will make it easier for you to gain fat, yes.

Testosterone burns fat by a number of mechanisms (increase lypolisis, fat oxidation, etc...).

Your estrogen is also on the high side.

My advice:

wk 1-5 Tamox 20mg/ED
    wk 1-5 Aromasin 12.5mg/ED (25mg/ED week 1)
    *Tribulus Sopharma 1g/ED

Lots of red meat.

thank you mate. tribestan ? i can pick up some prime or pink magic @ GNC ... will that work?

when i started my Clomi / tamox PCT a month after last pin of prop and var...i used HYPERTEST / M-Drol test boosters...i guess they did not do the job...but i some half ass blood work done and it said 1500...testosterone .. This makes me mad i didnt do BW before , during and after...Soo...as of right now.

Prime
    Pink Magic
    Fenugreek
    Aromasin 3 weeks already

im going to start the tamox monday. i cant start it now cuz it ruins my muscluar endurance and i need it for this weekend.

Prime and Pink Magic...i hope they work..i heard alot of test boosters dont work. Anyone else reccomend something different? Swifto said Tribulus sopharma.. couldnt find it lol

ata1979 is offline Associate Member
    You shoulda used HCG during your PCT. Sometimes Clomid aint enough to jumpstart the boyz. Your TSH is fine so its not your thyroid, which is usually the main culprit in metabolism issues.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Testosterone would not slow down the metabolism, it increases protein synthesis which is a process that requires a lot of energy. A lack of test will most defintely make it easier to gain fat. I learned that very quickly when I did not recover properly from a cycle and had 70 year old man test levels and put on fat just by looking at food.

Todd the truth is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ata1979
    You shoulda used HCG during your PCT. Sometimes Clomid aint enough to jumpstart the boyz. Your TSH is fine so its not your thyroid, which is usually the main culprit in metabolism issues.
    Debating this in another thread. Use HCG thought entire PCT was gonna use it through cycle and 2 weeks up to PCT.

10nispro is offline Productive Member
    hcg during cycle and up to 2 days of starting your pct.

OP why were you trying to use test boosters while doing your pct? The reason why you do the pct is to get your body to start producing test on its own. If you continue providing other means of test your body sees no reason to use its own

CaLDwELLGoD is offline Junior Member
    Ll hmmko
    Last edited by CaLDwELLGoD; 11-24-2011 at 09:28 PM.

Well can someone help me out here? Swifto is notorious on this kind ofshit sooo...I mean I did already try this testbooster stuff but with different products this time. Should I just run tamox for 5 weeks w aromasin ? I'm sick ofbeing a fatty lol

MR10X is offline Recognized Member Winner - $100
    When i first started working out i had trouble getting past 165 pounds,no matter how i ate. 2 years after that i started to use steroids and gaining weight was no problem anymore,in fact i got up to 220 pounds after those 2 years.When ever i got off cycle i found it easier to gain weight,but as i learned to eat right i could still loose 20 30 pounds pretty easy,but things were always differnt after i started using AAS.

matt77 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianPride View Post
    when i started my Clomi / tamox PCT a month after last pin of prop and var...i used HYPERTEST / M-Drol test boosters...i guess they did not do the job...but i some half ass blood work done and it said 1500...testosterone .. This makes me mad i didnt do BW before , during and after...Soo...as of right now.

Prime
    Pink Magic
    Fenugreek
    Aromasin 3 weeks already

im going to start the tamox monday. i cant start it now cuz it ruins my muscluar endurance and i need it for this weekend.

Prime and Pink Magic...i hope they work..i heard alot of test boosters dont work. Anyone else reccomend something different? Swifto said Tribulus sopharma.. couldnt find it lol
    Thats your problem right there! M-Drol is not a test booster its a clone of superdrol one of the strongest oral steroids ever made! Thats why your test is low. Do another PCT like what swifto said.

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Jesus the stuff that gets left off a first post kills me,

That sure explains the failure of the first PCT...anyway what Swifto said still applies do another PCT and hope it gets you test scores back on par because until it does you have the test of a 55 yr old and will continue to have the metabolism of one. PS if you left out that you smoke w==d then by all means stop that too. The same to a lesser extent goes to tee tree shampoos and the fake meat protein whatever they call that sizzy crap.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Tea tree shampoo?

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Tee Tree Shampoo article

N Engl J Med. 2007 Feb 1;356(5):479-85.

Prepubertal gynecomastia linked to lavender and tea tree oils.

Henley DV, Lipson N, Korach KS, Bloch CA.

Soy Protein article

J Nutr. 2007 Jul;137(7):1769-75.

Isoflavone-rich soy protein isolate suppresses androgen receptor expression without altering estrogen receptor-beta expression or serum hormonal profiles in men at high risk of prostate cancer.

Hamilton-Reeves JM, Rebello SA, Thomas W, Slaton JW, Kurzer MS.

Source

Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA.

Abstract

The purpose of this study was to determine the effects of soy protein isolate consumption on circulating hormone profiles and hormone receptor expression patterns in men at high risk for developing advanced prostate cancer. Fifty-eight men were randomly assigned to consume 1 of 3 protein isolates containing 40 g/d protein: 1) soy protein isolate (SPI+) (107 mg/d isoflavones); 2) alcohol-washed soy protein isolate (SPI-) (<6 mg/d isoflavones); or 3) milk protein isolate (0 mg/d isoflavones). For 6 mo, the men consumed the protein isolates in divided doses twice daily as a partial meal repla***ent. Serum samples collected at 0, 3, and 6 mo were analyzed for circulating estradiol, estrone, sex hormone-binding globulin, androstenedione, androstanediol glucuronide, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate, dihydrotestosterone, testosterone , and free testosterone concentrations by RIA. Prostate biopsy samples obtained pre- and postintervention were analyzed for androgen receptor (AR) and estrogen receptor-beta expression by immunohistochemistry. At 6 mo, consumption of SPI+ significantly suppressed AR expression but did not alter estrogen receptor-beta expression or circulating hormones. Consumption of SPI- significantly increased estradiol and androstenedione concentrations, and tended to suppress AR expression (P = 0.09). Although the effects of SPI- consumption on estradiol and androstenedione are difficult to interpret and the clinical relevance is uncertain, these data show that AR expression in the prostate is suppressed by soy protein isolate consumption, which may be beneficial in preventing prostate cancer.

Source

Receptor Biology Section, Laboratory of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA.

Abstract

Most cases of male prepubertal gynecomastia are classified as idiopathic. We investigated possible causes of gynecomastia in three prepubertal boys who were otherwise healthy and had normal serum concentrations of endogenous steroids . In all three boys, gynecomastia coincided with the topical application of products that contained lavender and tea tree oils. Gynecomastia resolved in each patient shortly after the use of products containing these oils was discontinued. Furthermore, studies in human cell lines indicated that the two oils had estrogenic and antiandrogenic activities. We conclude that repeated topical exposure to lavender and tea tree oils probably caused prepubertal gynecomastia in these boys.

2007 Massachusetts Medical Society

Sorry, that was myodrol and hypertest by axis labs...so I haven't got an OK on the pink magic deny Freeman's prime..if notwhere can I get tribulus sopharma. At itsbest?

bump...been on aromasin 12.5 ED for 4 weeks now. pink magic / fenugreek and prime 2 weeks and Liquid Tamox for 5 days...been feeling emotional and a lil sleepy still. no weight has been lost.......acne is coming in too.

up! anyone?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    just follow swifto's advice.
    Stop all the other crap you are taking, no pink magic no prime, no lucky charms and magically delicious rainbows. All that stuff prob screwed you up.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    just follow swifto's advice.
    Stop all the other crap you are taking, no pink magic no prime, no lucky charms and magically delicious rainbows. All that stuff prob screwed you up.
    looking for the " like " button

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROIDS!.JPG 
Views:	287 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	120998

Welp, i got my estrogen checked. Vitamin D looks Ok right? Estadiol def MY problem to why im gaining weight and i cannot maintain! Any suggestions. I took Liquid Stane for 5 weeks 12.5 Ed.

Thread Information