Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Whoady is offline Banned

11% body fat, but no abs or definition in body?

I have come to the sad realization, once again, that I look like shit without my shirt on. With my shirt on I look big, my arms are 18 inches. I have a big back and chest at 215, 6'2. But my abdomen and chest look like shit when I'm not flexing. I'm talking pictures. Beach pictures. I work out a lot. I shoulder press 120 lb dumbells 10 times easy, bench a shitload too... but when it comes to being cut and looking like I actually work out, it's hard cause I just look big and bloated with no definition. That is, unless I flex or walk around with my chest poked out all the time. It's pretty depressing that I've been lifting for over 8 years and guys that never touched a weight in their life look better than me, at a smaller size. I can remember being a kid and I've never been able to see my abs. I can kind of see the top part squared off but you can't see individual muscles. My arms and back are my best attributes but if I don't flex I look like I have a little pot belly and no definition. I thought that 11% is a good BF to be at but I guess not. Depressing. I'm eastern european and I have a big fat head. I don't have that muscly face that I desire. I have a big head with a big jaw but I don't look how I want to.

The only time I look the way I want to is when I'm right out of the shower and it's cold. My nipples are hard and I look more cut. When my nipples are soft they look puffy and I look like a freaking sack of potatoes. No definition. Sucks ass. I'm natural BTW. What the hell can I do? I want to maintain size and power but I hate looking like this.

Whoady is offline Banned
    BTW my friend is black, has 13% body fat, and you can see his six pack. He weighs like 180 and he's 5'11. It just seems like black people get better bodies without even doing much. His diet is crap and he barely gets 2 days a week in the gym. He's nowhere near as powerful as me but his body looks better without even flexing.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    post a pic. it doesnt sound like you are 11%. How did you get that figure?
    You may be training hard and very strong but your diet is going to dictate if you have abs or not
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

BigBench550 is offline New Member
    ^^^i agree with gixxer

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    post a pic. it doesnt sound like you are 11%. How did you get that figure?
    You may be training hard and very strong but your diet is going to dictate if you have abs or not
    i'm thinking the same thing too. unless you've calipered or had someone else do it, it almost sounds like maybe it is NOT 11%

haterade is offline Associate Member
    take a look at the diet. you can be big and strong but not cut up if you have fat on ya.. im 5'11'' 200 and im more lean than most but on stage in the fall i was 165 shredded.. you may think you have little bf but in actuality you prob need to loose a few lbs to achieve the look you desire..

hugz is offline New Member
    You're definitely not 215 11% bf at that height and not showing ab's. Im 5'11 202 and 13% bf and I can see the outter heads of my ab's / obliq's.

PLEASE READ OUR RULES *admin* (First Warning)

Quote Originally Posted by hugz View Post
    You're definitely not 215 11% bf at that height and not showing ab's. **** * **** *** Im 5'11 202 and 13% bf and I can see the outter heads of my ab's / obliq's.
    edit your post. There is no reason to call him names. Keep it up and you wont last long

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Op... Muscle definition is much easier to see on darker skin, hence why bodybuilers paint themselves orangish brown.
    Also, African american males do produce more test than caucasion males, somewhere between 17-19% more I believe. We had a thread on here some time back n had credible medical studies saying this.

xelnaga is offline Banned
    You're definitely not 215 11% bf at that height and not showing ab's. **** * **** ***. Im 5'11 202 and 13% bf and I can see the outter heads of my ab's / obliq's.
    You have a lot to learn about being part of an online community. There are guys/girls here with bodies all over the spectrum.

dtob is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoady
    I have come to the sad realization, once again, that I look like shit without my shirt on. With my shirt on I look big, my arms are 18 inches. I have a big back and chest at 215, 6'2. But my abdomen and chest look like shit when I'm not flexing. I'm talking pictures. Beach pictures. I work out a lot. I shoulder press 120 lb dumbells 10 times easy, bench a shitload too... but when it comes to being cut and looking like I actually work out, it's hard cause I just look big and bloated with no definition. That is, unless I flex or walk around with my chest poked out all the time. It's pretty depressing that I've been lifting for over 8 years and guys that never touched a weight in their life look better than me, at a smaller size. I can remember being a kid and I've never been able to see my abs. I can kind of see the top part squared off but you can't see individual muscles. My arms and back are my best attributes but if I don't flex I look like I have a little pot belly and no definition. I thought that 11% is a good BF to be at but I guess not. Depressing. I'm eastern european and I have a big fat head. I don't have that muscly face that I desire. I have a big head with a big jaw but I don't look how I want to.

The only time I look the way I want to is when I'm right out of the shower and it's cold. My nipples are hard and I look more cut. When my nipples are soft they look puffy and I look like a freaking sack of potatoes. No definition. Sucks ass. I'm natural BTW. What the hell can I do? I want to maintain size and power but I hate looking like this.
    Its gonna come down to diet and cardio
    Right off the top i would say cut all refined sugars out of your diet and start some fasted cardio upon waking couple or few times a week
    Post your current diet with micros n macros in the diet section there are some very helpful ppl there

havehotasianwife is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    You're definitely not 215 11% bf at that height and not showing ab's. You're a lard ass. Im 5'11 202 and 13% bf and I can see the outter heads of my ab's / obliq's.
    exactly,,, treat people like crap and this forum will fall to shreds. people come here to get advice from others, and with others giving them positive reinforce-ment people will obtain there goals,, not to sound lame, but treat people the way you wanted to be treated, rethink what you say before you said, maybe there is a better way of getting through what you need to say? calling someone in need of help a lard ass certainly isnt the way to do it. sure the guy might be alittle thicker in the waist than he thinks. hugz im not flaming you, im just helping you become a better board member.

Blog Entries
    not sure why r-e-i-n-f-o-r-c-e-m-e-n-t was bleeped? at the same time,, maybe i just learned a new swear word

Quote Originally Posted by havehotasianwife
    not sure why r-e-i-n-f-o-r-c-e-m-e-n-t was bleeped? at the same time,, maybe i just learned a new swear word
    " c e m " is censored for whatever reason on here. Has somethin to do with a supplier or another board.

Blog Entries
    makes sense jasc,,, my boss still got offended when i called him a c-e-m dumpster.... so maybe im onto something new?

*Admin* is offline AR Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    " c e m " is censored for whatever reason on here. Has somethin to do with a supplier or another board.

Exactly a suppliers name
    Every man has the ability to be a fool, it is what he does to recover that shows who the fool really is.
    ~Anonymous~

Those who believe that they are exclusively in the right are generally those who achieve something.
    ~Aldous Huxley~

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days! - www.SteroidCleanse.com

Help Stop Steroid Abuse - Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by havehotasianwife
    makes sense jasc,,, my boss still got offended when i called him a c-e-m dumpster.... so maybe im onto something new?
    lol.. the only way to know for sure is to call the next woman u see a "c e m dumpster".. if she gets upset, its a mild word, if she smacks u, its a bad word, if she reports u to HR for sexual harrassment there's your proof.

Donovon is offline New Member
    I myself am about 8% body fat yet I weigh about 35lbs less. I just recently started back working out again an I can asure you that a good diet and steady workout will give you those results you want to walk around shirtless.

Blog Entries
    realistically i can lie to myself all i want,, after the bulk im probably about 20-22% bf right now. vascular in arms shoulders top of chest,,, but i know my body and how i hold fat weight, it stays on the thighs and tummy.. so even for me, i can have great caliper readings everywhere but i wont be seeing my abs for probably 6-8 months.... plus with the dieting advice ive gotten from this site, i would rather not worry about the abs and just diet slow so i can keep most of my gains.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoady View Post

Aren't you the guy who said people use steroids because they're pathetic or something like that..... maybe it was because we're making up for out pathetic lives? I should find that post and quote it..... I don't mean to be a prick but you might not feel so pathetic if you used steroids .....

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Blog Entries
    post some pics if you would like a serious guestimate of your perceived bf% there are some great vets viewing this thread and i assume your smart and would like the best, honest opinion.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Aren't you the guy who said people use steroids because they're pathetic or something like that..... maybe it was because we're making up for out pathetic lives? I should find that post and quote it..... I don't mean to be a prick but you might not feel so pathetic if you used steroids .....

~Haz~
    This is the thread you're referring to http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...*#.Tw4RpSPogis

I believe he said we have napoleon complexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

~Haz~
    That's great line in that other thread man "I chose this path because I was not happy with the limits of the human body". Well said and I totally agree.

Whoady is offline Banned
    Yeah I guess the body fat calculator at the gym isn't quite right. It's one of those things you hold with both hands. That friend of mine held it and he got 13% and I held it and got 11 %. Maybe you guys are right and I'm not 11... damn it. I was kind of depressed this morning when I wrote the message so maybe I could cut myself some slack. I think my abs just are not that big. They're strong cause I work em out like any muscle but they're not bulgy like some guys. Like this guy that I'm talking about, even when he doesn't suck his gut in, it looks like it's bigger than mine but you can still see his abs. Looks like he's on HGH but he's natural. When I do the same you can't see any definition in my abs. If I flex and pull my gut in I look good, but it's hard walking around like you got a stick up your ass. I'm definitely not over 15% though. I got some pics I found on my computer here but they're not the best. I'll have to wait till I get home to take some good pics. My chest is hairier than a monkey's ass right now too cause I forgot the clippers. I deff need to lose some fat off the mid section. I've had it since I was 18 and was bulking. I still never got rid of it..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Body.jpg 
Views:	2402 
Size:	46.4 KB 
ID:	119438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Beach 1.jpg 
Views:	2545 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	119439

Whoady is offline Banned
    thats the only pics i got. with my shirt on people tell me I look big all the time I just hate it when little skinny guys look all cut and i dont lol..

Razor is offline Banned
    Im confused so Im staying out of this. Guy slams use AAS then ask for help? Ill let the Vets here handle this.

Whoady is offline Banned
    I never slammed AAS I was asking in a previous post why mesomorphs would want to use it if you are already big.

Razor is offline Banned
    I never slammed AAS I was asking in a previous post why mesomorphs would want to use it if you are already big.
    Haha to get bigger, faster stronger of coarse!

Whoady is offline Banned
    Yeah pretty much right..

markdbg is offline Associate Member
    id say ur around 14-15% very bad pictures to judge but from what i can tell id say your around there

small pic but 15-16% imo.
    Hit the diet section to learn how to cut up if thats what you are trying to do

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    Moar pics of girl on shoulders! I'd say 15-16 too but hard to say, not a good photo with bad lighting.

Whoady is offline Banned
    Ill put some pics up once i get a chance. Getting wisdom teeth taken out tom so i guess ill be cutting.

haterade is offline Associate Member
    i would def say never use any electronic bf calculator they are not accurate ..

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Ill put some pics up once i get a chance. Getting wisdom teeth taken out tom so i guess ill be cutting.
    Wisdom teeth pulled can be sore, but it's not bad enough to miss a meal. Just chew with the front of your mouth for a few days.

mirin_serratus is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haterade View Post
    i would def say never use any electronic bf calculator they are not accurate ..
    yeah, how you look is the only thing that matters, if someone at 15% looks leaner than you at 11% the he looks better, and no one would care what some test/caliper says

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    small pic but 15-16% imo.
    Hit the diet section to learn how to cut up if thats what you are trying to do
    Im very similar to those pics. problem with me judging cuts and bf is that im so pale its hard to see defination sometimes. but when i get under the gym lights in my basement and get some shadows guiding me,, then im proud of my results lol

Whoady is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Wisdom teeth pulled can be sore, but it's not bad enough to miss a meal. Just chew with the front of your mouth for a few days.
    Dude are you f8cking serious? I can't feel half my face and my gums are killing me. I can barely eat a shake with a spoon. Mouth is bleeding crazy 4 hours after surgery. My front teeth are numb, half my tongue is numb. My chin is numb. This ****ing sucks. I'm not eating a whole meal for A WHILE.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Well at least you are cutting if you can't eat.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    and now yourve lost your wisdom. oh what will you do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information