Thread: Advice, please!

iMlnk is offline New Member

Advice, please!

Hello!

I'm 24 years old, almost 6'2 and about 110 lbs. (might be a little less). As you can imagine, I look really skinny because I am.

After 4-5 years, working out every other day, taking supplements recommended by a lot of forums and GNC stores (pretty much tried everything), physical therapy, dieting, etc.; I can't seem to gain any weight at all.

So I'm thinking about steroids as a start, just to gain a few pounds and maybe give me that extra lift/start to potentially gain weight. I follow a very healthy diet, taking in about 10,000 calories a day, eating every two hours (even waking up in the night to eat). I take vitamins, protein shakes, etc. I'm spotlessly healthy; have taken so many exams for my bones/muscles (even CT scans on organs) and very healthy (nothing wrong with me). Just can't gain the weight.

Typically, I feel very tired. I have some muscle spasms here and there that are seriously in pain and minor arthritis in my joints. Never did any test for teste. I do have a workout trainer and follow his schedule so I don't work out too much or little, and never tire myself out.

Basically, I'm asking you all if going on a cycle is a good idea. I plan to talk to my doctor (MD) tomorrow and see what he thinks as well, if he can prescribe something or make any recommendations. Like I said, I'm not looking to get huge or anything, but simply remain healthy and look healthier (as you can imagine, being this skinny doesn't really look good for the real, professional world). I do not have any eating disorders and nothing psychologically wrong (from what I know since I've talked to counselors, etc). I've been through multiple tests and talks, so I'm really looking for any sort of advice from anyone that's "new" to me or if going on an AAS is really for me. I'm only considering this since my trainer mentioned it and some spinal cord doctors have as well, to help my muscles expand to cushion my spine a bit more and better (I get back adjustments and spinal cord analysis for my muscle spasms and joint pains).

As much as the idea sounds appealing, I want to know if people think if it's safe and if it is, what should I ask my doctor or what should I think about trying. I don't want to do anything that's not healthy in the long run, but I really do want to gain the weight or start with this AAS method and then go on from there to see if I can maintain.

Thanks for the help!

thex95 is offline Senior Member
    10,000 calories???? The only way you are eating that many calories and not gaining weight is if something is seriously medically wrong with you.

The Bear 79 is offline Banned
    Wow bro 6'-2" / 110 lbs. Obviously, I'd like to know about your diet. It's VERY UNLIKELY you're eating 10,000 cals a day. List each meal, include times, cals, proteins, carbs & fats of each meal.

Quote Originally Posted by scotts View Post
    10,000 calories???? The only way you are eating that many calories and not gaining weight is if something is seriously medically wrong with you.
    I eat almost that amount a day (just about). I've been on a surgical weight gain before that's a shake that gives 2,000+ calories per drink and I drink that two times a day, with my food intake being higher than the daily 2,000 calories. I take 50 grams -ish of protein a day as well with most protein shakes having all the amino acids, etc.

I seriously don't know what other option to do. As much as I feel tired all that time, I still have a lot of energy throughout the day to do things; I never stop moving and continuously keep my mind busy and do work.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear 79 View Post
    Wow bro 6'-2" / 110 lbs. Obviously, I'd like to know about your diet. It's VERY UNLIKELY you're eating 10,000 cals a day. List each meal, include times, cals, proteins, carbs & fats of each meal.
    I can write down the specifics as I consume tomorrow if you'd like; I'll get a diet that's very specific. Maybe 10,000 is a bit high, but like I said, two shakes for weight gain at 4,000 calories and a 3-4 K calories food in take and some more a few days here and there, so maybe almost near 10,000. Sorry! Though, I'll tell you the specifics.

thex95 is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like your relying on too many shakes for calories. I also have no idea how your only taking in 50 grams of protein a day when you say you take in 10,000 calories a day.

50 g of protein per day isn't gona do anything for you, you should eating 50 g EVERY meal in your condition. You're probably so tired cause your body is not getting sufficient nutrition. Post you diet please.

stpete is offline Banned
    Well, if you eat that much and can't gain a lb. steroids really aren't the answer imo. Something's wrong here and glad you're seeing the doc tomorrow. You need to get some help so you can pack on some weight and i wish you luck.

I meant 50 g of protein per shake; as far as how much protein intake I do a day, I'm not really sure. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to that specifics of my diet (I leave my trainer and diet person to do it). That's what I said I'll give you something specific tomorrow.

Though, since someone has already said that an AAS isn't something recommended, can someone maybe give a recommendation on what you know so far? Anything at all that can help? At one point, I did gain like 6-7 lbs., but it went away pretty fast over a span of a few weeks, even with the same routine.

Its your diet man. You fix your diet & you WILL gain.

stpete is offline Banned
    OP-To better you can you post up where these calories are coming from? Can you remember what you ate today?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Something is definitely strange here. I bet it is fixable if you have some patience and share some info. I look forward to seeing your diet.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    post your diet as best you can. Do not just put medical shake post the calories protein and carbs in each if you can. Everyone is here to help and the more info we get the better we can help you

Thread Information