Anaval is offline Junior Member

Clen...add ketotifen?

Hey everyone,
    So I've been getting ready for a photoshoot and I am 4-6 weeks away (depends on when I'm ready). 4 weeks ago I did clen for 14 days, got up to 120mcg, was fine, hands tremored slightly, no sleep issues, slight increase in body temp. I have taken the 2 weeks off, but I managed to get ahold of some ketotifen. I understand that it can be taken right from the get go to strengthen it or every third week to maintain its usage.
    So im unsure about what is more effective. I am leaning towards starting it right away, but I don't know what to dose the clen at since I was up to 120mcg ED no problems. Should I start at 60mcg then ramp up until i reach threshold (assuming its less than 120mcg)?

Stats:
    Height: 5'11"
    Weight: 190-195lbs
    BF%: 11

Thanks!

bump...reading some not so good things about combining them

Quote Originally Posted by Anaval View Post
    Hey everyone,
    So I've been getting ready for a photoshoot and I am 4-6 weeks away (depends on when I'm ready). 4 weeks ago I did clen for 14 days, got up to 120mcg, was fine, hands tremored slightly, no sleep issues, slight increase in body temp. I have taken the 2 weeks off, but I managed to get ahold of some ketotifen. I understand that it can be taken right from the get go to strengthen it or every third week to maintain its usage.
    So im unsure about what is more effective. I am leaning towards starting it right away, but I don't know what to dose the clen at since I was up to 120mcg ED no problems. Should I start at 60mcg then ramp up until i reach threshold (assuming its less than 120mcg)?

I start at about 80mcg and work back up to 120mcg in a few days. Take the keto everyday before you go to bed. It's an antihistamine so you'll get sleepy if you take it during the day.

Stats:

Thanks!
    Do light cardio to help the Clen out. I used to do pretty hard cardio and I lost about 1% body fat per week.

Thanks! Ya I've been doing low intensity cardio on an empty stomach every morning for 45 mins. Yesterday I boosted that up to an additional 30 mins after my weights as well for a total of 1.25 hours per day.

So you think 80-120mcgs of clen with ketotifen will be more effective for fat loss than just 12mcg of clen?

The keto isn't part of the direct fat loss like clen . The keto resets the beta receptors so you can continue to take clen without taking a two week break. Effectively, it shortens your clen cycle.

Stanoswole is offline New Member
    Got some 200mg keto at home, anyone know how to dose it and when to use it? Do clen for 2 weeks and then start taking the keto as my receptors are stopping to respond or take it from the start? And at what dose?

edit: lol nvm it was ketoprofen, i aint taking that shit
    Last edited by Stanoswole; 03-13-2012 at 08:17 AM.

Juicyman is offline New Member
    personally i've found that a childs dose of benadryl before bed weeks 3 and 6 - of a 6 week clen run, keeps my recpetors wide open. At least i can say i "feel my clen" still the whole ride and it just makes me harder and leaner

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicyman View Post
    personally i've found that a childs dose of benadryl before bed weeks 3 and 6 - of a 6 week clen run, keeps my recpetors wide open. At least i can say i "feel my clen" still the whole ride and it just makes me harder and leaner
    That's broscience man!!! Benadryl won't do shit!!!

To OP: The keto dose I take is 1mg each night

Juicyman is offline New Member
    well i guess i just lucked out each and everytime then? lol

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    According to Anabolics by Llewellyn, William (2011-08-04). Anabolics E-Book Edition (Kindle Locations 9885-9887). Molecular Nutrition. Kindle Edition.

Bodybuilders and athletes will commonly use a dosage of 1mg twice per day (2mg total) for the (off-label) use of preventing receptor downregulation with clenbuterol or other beta-agonists. This may allow an individual to obtain a strong thermogenic effect from, and run longer cycles with, beta-2 agonist drugs. Note that given its ability to increase drug sensitivity,the dosage of beta-2 agonist medications may need to be reduced upon ketotifen fumarate administration.

^ That's why I didn't know if I should go with that method to achieve stronger fat loss without increasing the clen dosage

I tried 1mg Keto in the morning and 1mg Keto in the evening and I couldn't stay awake at work. The anti-histamine made me too sleepy during the day. I ended up taking 2mg in the evening so I don't doze off during work.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    I tried 1mg Keto in the morning and 1mg Keto in the evening and I couldn't stay awake at work. The anti-histamine made me too sleepy during the day. I ended up taking 2mg in the evening so I don't doze off during work.
    Me too. All at night.

^ That's why I didn't know if I should go with that method to achieve stronger fat loss without increasing the clen dosage
    I don't notice a difference in Clen sides (I am assuming a sensitivity increase would reflect in stronger sides) when on Keto, but I know everyone is different.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Since you're thinking about running clen I thought I might add that you should think about splitting your doses. If I'm running say 120mcg I take 60mcg in the morning and 60mcg 6-7 hours later. It seems to keep the levels a little more consistant throughout the day. I also workout around 4:00 so it's nice to take some before my a.m. fasted cardio and then some more before my afternoon workout!

Just thought I would throw that out there.

keesta is offline New Member

CLEN/T3 Cytomel??

[QUOTE=Anaval;5931957]Hey everyone,

Stats:

Thanks![/QUOTE

Its a little off subject but how do you send a personal message, I'm new to all this, I have something to ask you. Email me??

Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Since you're thinking about running clen I thought I might add that you should think about splitting your doses. If I'm running say 120mcg I take 60mcg in the morning and 60mcg 6-7 hours later. It seems to keep the levels a little more consistant throughout the day. I also workout around 4:00 so it's nice to take some before my a.m. fasted cardio and then some more before my afternoon workout!

Just thought I would throw that out there.
    That's kinda funny because I started another thread on this very topic. I am thinking about what is better...splitting or all at once. I like the feeling I get when I take all 120 at once.

Quote Originally Posted by keesta View Post
    Its a little off subject but how do you send a personal message, I'm new to all this, I have something to ask you. Email me??
    You need more posts in order to PM. Don't ever put your email address in the forum - you will be contacted by scammers.

That's kinda funny because I started another thread on this very topic. I am thinking about what is better...splitting or all at once. I like the feeling I get when I take all 120 at once.
    I hardly feel any sides, even at 120mcg - so I take it all at once too.

Thread Information