cpi000000 is offline New Member

1 year+ low dose cycle, safe?

I'm a 42 year old male. I have been taking 1/2cc of 200mg Cypionate once a week for just over a year now and am still doing so as of today.
    At first I noticed a huge difference in my strength and appearance. In the past few months I feel as though I have lost some of what I had gained (strength and weight).

My Testosterone ,serum level before I started this cycle was 588 ng/dl
    Two months into the cycle they jumped to 1456 ng/dl
    Today my level is at 1086 ng/dl

Normal ranges are 270-1070 ng/dl

What recommendations do you have? Is it safe to continue this cycle indefinitely or should I go off for a few months and give my body a chance to produce naturally? If I do this, is there any need for a PCT? I have heard mixed opinions about needing this coming off a low dosage. I was thinking of not using anything and giving my body a chance to get back to normal on it's own.
    Last edited by cpi000000; 03-14-2012 at 03:04 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    at 42 and being on for a year you may not recover.
    if you want to try and come off i would recommend starting hcg while you are on then an aggressive pct once you get off.
    low dose or not your body has been shut down for a year.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Thunderforge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpi000000 View Post
    I'm a 42 year old male. I have been taking 1/2cc of 200mg Cypionate for just over a year now and am still doing so as of today.
    A week? EOD?

Yes, 1/2cc each week for a year (added to original post)

Yes, 1/2cc each week for a year (added to original post)
    So your total serum testosterone jumped from 588 ng/dl to 1456 ng/dl in two months and all you were on was 100mg of test/week? I'm relatively new and I might not understand the mechanics of this as well as I thought but that seems like a tremendous jump for such a low dose. Am I mistaken?

No, what you say is exactly right. I am not sure if this is considered a tremendous jump, but these are the numbers.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderforge View Post
    So your total serum testosterone jumped from 588 ng/dl to 1456 ng/dl in two months and all you were on was 100mg of test/week? I'm relatively new and I might not understand the mechanics of this as well as I thought but that seems like a tremendous jump for such a low dose. Am I mistaken?
    thats pretty typical. Mine almost 1200 on that dose
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Blergs is offline Associate Member
    I'm a 42 year old male. I have been taking 1/2cc of 200mg Cypionate once a week for just over a year now and am still doing so as of today.
    At first I noticed a huge difference in my strength and appearance. In the past few months I feel as though I have lost some of what I had gained (strength and weight).

My Testosterone ,serum level before I started this cycle was 588 ng/dl
    Two months into the cycle they jumped to 1456 ng/dl
    Today my level is at 1086 ng/dl

Normal ranges are 270-1070 ng/dl

What recommendations do you have? Is it safe to continue this cycle indefinitely or should I go off for a few months and give my body a chance to produce naturally? If I do this, is there any need for a PCT? I have heard mixed opinions about needing this coming off a low dosage. I was thinking of not using anything and giving my body a chance to get back to normal on it's own.
    at 42 you may verywell NEED to be on hrt for the rest of life if you have low levels naturally.

if you plan to recover do a pct and since on soo long i would also use HCG (500iu 2X a week for 4-5 weeks then followed by 4 or so weeks of clomid or nolva. you would start the nolva or clomid 1-2 weeks AFTER last shot.
    Last edited by Blergs; 03-14-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blergs View Post
    at 42 you may verywell NEED to be on hrt for the rest of life if you have low levels naturally.

if you plan to recover do a pct and since on soo long i would also use HCG (500iu 2X a week for 4-5 weeks then followed by 4 or so weeks of clomid or nolva. you would start the nolva or clomid 1-2 weeks AFTER last shot.
    My natural level is not low, it was 588. At this point I want to make sure my body can recover, and then after a few months back to natural production, I may due another cycle, maybe not as long this time.

You mention using HCG then the clomid or nolva. The HCG is used while I continue the cypionate , then after I stop both of these I start the nolva or clomid 1-2 weeks later and continue for about 4 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    thats pretty typical. Mine almost 1200 on that dose
    OK, thanks for the clarification Gixx.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    From what I've read it's fairly typical for doctors to place a patient on TRT for a long period of time, then take them off for several months in order to (hopefully) maintain the body's functionality, if even to a small degree. I assume this is done for the purpose of overall, long-term health. I know there are many experts in this field, but I've been reading interviews with Dr. Scally on the subject lately, and I enjoy what he has to say about his approach to TRT.

Thread Information