pro2205 is offline New Member

YOUNG ATHLETES USING STEROIDS....unfair or just part of the game?

On every 4th highschool basketball team, every other highschool baseball team, and on every highschool football team has a player who is or was on steriods ... should we be surprised that they are starting so young or is it just part of becoming a dominant player in todays society? please comment and share your opinions.

Jada34 is offline New Member
    Gear in HS is an absolutely terrible idea, and I'm all for juice in sports. But at that age you don't understand the seriousness if the hormones your dealing with. Also, your body is cranking out natural test at that age in order to develop. Taking gear will shut down your natural test production and can cause serious problems. I don't think gear should even be an option until your mid to late 20's, and after you've done a considerable amount of research to understand what you're doing.

DanB is offline Banned
    Yeah of course its a bad idea but its never going to change, thats the world we live in, every new generation starts younger in whatever, think they better at whatever etc etc etc

DanB is offline Banned
    and can i ask, are you some sort of reporter or journalist by any chance?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    What newspaper or media group do you belong to?

Kids in highschool SHOULD NOT be using steroids . They should be used by grown men whom are fully developed already. There have been little to no risks associated with responsible use. A study by our own governent has shown that higher levels of testosterone in adult males wasn't particularly dangerous and the only side effects were acne and loss of hair.

I'm a bit off topic now..... lmao! We shouldn't be surprised that kids are using it to gain an advantage. As a society we are putting more and mroe pressure on kids to do well. Colleges hand out big scholarships..... parents push their kids harder..... coaches do the same. It's only human to want to do better.....

The point remains though..... kids shouldn't be using them. Just like they shouldn't use rec drugs, prescription drugs (for abuse), or get ahold of guns.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

markdbg is offline Associate Member
    they should not use them in highschool. terrible to start that young i mean 18-19 is bad enough but 15-16 is just dumb. but honestly its what is needed to be a pro these days, weather it is bodybuilding football baseball basketball. the sooner the start the more advantage they have over everyone else. only the select few make it pro. and its always those who are naturally amazing at the sport or tho who started taking PED's
    Last edited by markdbg; 03-15-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by pro2205 View Post
    On every 4th highschool basketball team, every other highschool baseball team, and on every highschool football team has a player who is or was on steriods... should we be surprised that they are starting so young or is it just part of becoming a dominant player in todays society? please comment and share your opinions.
    Who in their right mind is going to come on here condoning the use amongst high school kids?

As far as student athletes are concerned, there is a lot riding on their performance though. Often a kid's future and dream of being a professional athlete depends on them being the best. They can't afford NOT to take the gear and let their spot go to somebody else. It's easy for us (who either were never in their position or are now too old to remember what it was like) to tell them not to, we have nothing on the line.

But I bet you that you'll find the majority of high school juicers don't even play any sports. They're just running gear to get bigger for cosmetic reasons and don't care about the consequences.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    change the title to ... unfair or idiots.

they have no idea of the dangers and even though SOME might know. they will still continue to do it to be the best.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well I look at it like this if you need aas to make it in HS football.The chances of him going anywhere are slim.You only get to play that card once.

pro2205 is offline New Member
    Hey, im just a college student doing an assignment. We had to choose a certain controversial topic and start a thread on differerent sites, forums and threads to see how different opinions will come from different sources or areas. dont worry no one will be judged on what they say or anything like that. im just doing a simple assignment and i really appreciate everyones comments and thoughts!!!

Thread Information