Thread: Military bros

Nick912 is offline New Member

Military bros

I am a 31 yr old active duty member. I have never done any gear, been training for 6 years strait. I'm 69"/190 15% BF.

My question is I recently went through the process with a FL clinic. I have not used tricare or my PCM for any of this. Now in the militarys eyes if I do get busted for some odd reason since I am under a dr's care will I get kicked out since I circumvented the system? Or am I GTG since it is prescribed? If there's a chance I could play with fire I'm out on this until retirement.

Thanks

Mark5 is offline Associate Member
    Are you asking if you can get busted for having a legitimate prescription for a legitimate medical purpose?

Yes since I am doing it all out of pocket and skating around my insurance. My normal doc laughed when I brought the subject up

darkcrayz is offline Member
    i know a few guys in the military that use; they are black market. never heard about them being tested. but i cant say what the military rules are.

Mark5 is offline Associate Member
    I would have laughed too. You can't get in trouble for something a doctor has given you via a legal, legitimate prescription. Why are you circumventing your insurance? Surely they would cover at least a portion of the cost. Does the military not take care of prescribed medications?

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick912 View Post
    I am a 31 yr old active duty member. I have never done any gear, been training for 6 years strait. I'm 69"/190 15% BF.

My question is I recently went through the process with a FL clinic. I have not used tricare or my PCM for any of this. Now in the militarys eyes if I do get busted for some odd reason since I am under a dr's care will I get kicked out since I circumvented the system? Or am I GTG since it is prescribed? If there's a chance I could play with fire I'm out on this until retirement.

Thanks
    Military policy is to disclose any and all medications your taking because of the nature of your career. If you are found to be hiding the fact your taking meds legally or illegally and something bad happens that involves you. You will be severly punished. Maybe not kicked out of the Military but they def wont let you re-up next time around.

If you have a legal script for any meds, show your chain of command so that they may document it. Also go to the TMC and have them document it in your personal medical jacket.

Good luck buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark5 View Post
    I would have laughed too. You can't get in trouble for something a doctor has given you via a legal, legitimate prescription. Why are you circumventing your insurance? Surely they would cover at least a portion of the cost. Does the military not take care of prescribed medications?
    Whether its has been given legally or illegally as stated above, most guys wont tell their chain of command because they are affraid of possible reprucussions. UCMJ rquired the disclosure of all meds a military employee is taking, whether prescribed by a military doc or a civilian doc.

Tricare will not pay for Test or any other meds considered non-essential, As of 2006 Tricare stopped paying for military members prescriptions for depression and anxiety which was directly caused by the military. DOD wants soldiers to remain med free, so most seek it elsewhere.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    Whether its has been given legally or illegally as stated above, most guys wont tell their chain of command because they are affraid of possible reprucussions. UCMJ rquired the disclosure of all meds a military employee is taking, whether prescribed by a military doc or a civilian doc.

Tricare will not pay for Test or any other meds considered non-essential, As of 2006 Tricare stopped paying for military members prescriptions for depression and anxiety which was directly caused by the military. DOD wants soldiers to remain med free, so most seek it elsewhere.
    GREAT INFO!

thanks for your post!
    really useful to know!

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Bro that is a touchy one.All I can say is if you are worried about your retirement DONT do it.Beacuse if someone finds out its your ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark5 View Post
    I am circumventing my insurance because my normal doc won't prescribe them. "HRT? That's nonsense" he said. "You couldn't carry the amount of muscle you currently have if you had low hormones" is what I got. So I found a "cool" Dr.
    But I have to pay out of pocket because my insurance would only cover stuff from my primary dr or a dr that I had a referral too.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks. Its been difficult getting solid information because I have been reluctant to talk to anyone about this issue

kyeclipseracer is offline New Member
    That is wrong I am currently in and on TRT along with HGH and Tricare cover all of it including pins. I will post pics of my script if you want proof but they do cover. It is required that tricare disclose the medication but Test is on the approved medication list, it has been for the past 5 years for the Air Force. That is also for flyers which have stricter medication guidelines. The MTF is required to have a list of approved medications posted or available for you to view if you ask.

Whether its has been given legally or illegally as stated above, most guys wont tell their chain of command because they are affraid of possible reprucussions. UCMJ rquired the disclosure of all medications a military employee is taking, whether prescribed by a military doc or a civilian doc.

Tricare will not pay for Test or any other medications considered non-essential, As of 2006 Tricare stopped paying for military members prescriptions for depression and anxiety which was directly caused by the military. DOD wants soldiers to remain medication free, so most seek it elsewhere.

He should not just make assumptions and do blood work. I would ask for a second opinion and if you do not like what you hear you have the right to ask for an outside referral.

I am circumventing my insurance because my normal doc won't prescribe them. "HRT? That's nonsense" he said. "You couldn't carry the amount of muscle you currently have if you had low hormones" is what I got. So I found a "cool" Dr.
    But I have to pay out of pocket because my insurance would only cover stuff from my primary dr or a dr that I had a referral too.

Quote Originally Posted by kyeclipseracer View Post
    He should not just make assumptions and do blood work. I would ask for a second opinion and if you do not like what you hear you have the right to ask for an outside referral.
    Thanks bro. I did have blood work done and my PCM(civilian dr since I'm not near a base) said its within normal limits. But the "cool" dr. Said I'm def in need of therapy. I can't ask my PCM to give me a referal to a dr in FL? Should I have him refer me to a local wellness clinic so I'm legit and it's in my med records( which I have in my possession)

manonfire is offline Junior Member
    Yes I would have hime refer to a local clinic..

sgt2jay is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would be careful with using a Dr. that the millitary doesn refer for you. Since you are basically owned by the military the may not recognize the findings by a non reffered dr as well as the prescription they give.

Think of it like going to an off limits bar. even though you are legal drinking age and as a civilian you could go there no questions asked, but as a soldier there are a whole new set of rules and not all the civilian rules apply.

i would check to see if you can even find your own Dr or do all Dr have to be approved by the military.

Yeah I would have him refer you out. I am assuming your on Prime Remote and not Prime so the rules are a little more lenient. Just follow the procedures to get the referrals you need and keep a copy of all documents. I know the rules for flyers state we have to have 2 labs drawn before treatment and 1 after 45 days to see just how the levels change, after that we are good to go.

Yeah I would have him refer you out. I am assuming your on Prime Remote and not Prime so the rules are a little more lenient. Just follow the procedures to get the referrals you need and keep a copy of all documents. I know the rules for flyers state we have to have 2 labs drawn before treatment and 1 after 45 days to see just how the levels change, after that we are good to go.
    Yea I am on prime remote. I am worried my PCM won't grant me that referal. He was totally against the idea. I may have to switch PCMs and I'll let him know that. Also the only HRT clinic that I could be referred to does that bio identical stuff. Is that like the gear I can get from FL clinic or is it garbage? Yea I'm non flyer so I'm not sure what the protocol would be for me. Man I want all this to be legit!

That is wrong I am currently in and on TRT along with HGH and Tricare cover all of it including pins. I will post pics of my script if you want proof but they do cover. It is required that tricare disclose the medication but Test is on the approved medication list, it has been for the past 5 years for the Air Force. That is also for flyers which have stricter medication guidelines. The MTF is required to have a list of approved medications posted or available for you to view if you ask.
    I am really finding it hard to believe Tricare is paying for HGH & Test and the AF is allowing you to remain in service. If you dont mind me asking, what issues do you have in order to be prescribed GH & Test? Is the AF the cause of you having to use these meds? Are you on a medical profile of some sorts? I tried to have a Test script filled 2 years ago at Walgreens and Tricare rejected it, saying its a non essential medication.

Do you have Tricare's policy regarding this? I would def like to read it..

Ok fellas I have an appt with my PCM next week. I need advice about the rules in the military. I am on tricare prime remote and I think I'm going to be able to at least get my PCM to annotate my med records which I have and take them in to him every visit. So as long as he acknowledged that I am seeking TRT am I good or for me be truly legit do I need him to give me referal?

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    TRT at 31. Good god. What is your test levels?

Dpyle is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brohim
    TRT at 31. Good god. What is your test levels?
    Age isn't always a factor. I'm 27 as of yesterday and have been on trt for about 6 months now. My total T was 444 which is on the lower end but still reasonably within range. However my free T was at 1.31 with a range of .95 - 4.3. I was barely within range but felt terrible. Found a doc to treat and bam! Almost a complete 180. Wouldn't go back for anything.
    Last edited by Dpyle; 04-06-2012 at 08:01 PM.

I do not have it but I will find it. I do know that Tricare requires the doctor to preauthorize the Test and GH before you can fill it. They approved me to be on HCG originally but it is not authorized for flyers so I just keep it around for PCT. I have a waiver for being on medications and in the description it states for low test and GH levels probably due to patients age or damaged Pituitary Gland(from some kind of Trauma or age). Tonight I will see if I still have the prescription tabs that show Tricare paid for it and it was $0.00.

I am really finding it hard to believe Tricare is paying for HGH & Test and the AF is allowing you to remain in service. If you dont mind me asking, what issues do you have in order to be prescribed GH & Test? Is the AF the cause of you having to use these medications? Are you on a medical profile of some sorts? I tried to have a Test script filled 2 years ago at Walgreens and Tricare rejected it, saying its a non essential medication.

Do you have Tricare's policy regarding this? I would def like to read it..

11Bsoldier is offline New Member
    Nick if you have been in military for awhile then you should know the regulation on steroids . Number one they will only test you if the commander has reasonable suspicion of steroids. This is mainly because when the military does choose to test for roids they send it the the same group that test for the olympics. So it costs a lot so they will normally only test people they don't like or they find needles or something else that would indicate you are using. I myself have known a lot of people in my different units who have used AAS's. One guy even went from being 5'9" 140 to being over 185 in a matter of 3 months and no one said shit to him. So If you got a legit proscription good for you man. But in all honesty after talking about this with a few CO's and 1SG's and even a SMG, all of them said they them selfs would never try to get someone on steroid use as long as they don't end up in the hospital or it effects there performance in anyway. So in some ways it's my opinion that they believe that if it can make you a physically better soldier then do it. I know that the Army was researching in making a steroid that had very few side effects but with gains so that they could administer it to young soldiers in basic training. Maybe this is because I'm Infantry so our physical ability is more important then say a pac clerk but to anyone in the military, take at your own risk.

trschnei is offline Junior Member
    i know the answer... YOU ARE NOT "OK" OR "GTG".. in fact, going outside and sneaking around would get you in more trouble.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    The UCMJ is not like regular law, nor is it attached or applied with common sense..

If you are really going to be career, then i'd stay away.. but on the other hand, why would anyone check, and why would anyone know.. not spouse, friends of family..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Thread Information