higgster0890 is offline New Member

Is there a steroid that will help strengthen tendons in the knee

Hey guys, I'm 23, 5'10" and 175 right now. I've lifted weights pretty religiously since I was 17. Naturally I'm in the upper 170's. A few months ago, I really started my amatuer fighter training. I've hyperextended my knee before but yesterday I had a major blow out. I was doing front leg straight kicks. Kicking with my left, my right leg slipped in some sweat and just went. Defanitley some of the worst pain I've ever been in. I normally wear braces just to protect myself from doing that, but I was wondering if there was a steroid to help strengthen those ligaments and tendons in the knee. Something I could take for a short while just to help me heal and maybe not do it again. I don't want to stay on them. Anyways, I've been researching everything but I wanted to ask you guys. I believe y'all will have the answer. Thanks and Godbless

yamaha243 is offline Junior Member
    Its not recommended at ur age.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Nope. If you were 35+ HGH might help but at your age all you would do is jeopardize your natural HGH production.

Look int HA Hyaluronic Acid injections. LOTS of people have had good results especially with the knees.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 04-05-2012 at 12:48 AM.

I mean, anything to help with this or am I going to just be prone to doing it. I have a fight in July , and I believe I'll be better and ready, I just dont want this to happen to me in the cage

Even if it's natural.. Just wanting some ideas to help the knees out

Look int HA Hyaluronic Acid injections . LOTS of people have had good results especially with the knees.

Will do. And vitamins that will help too?

yamaha243 is offline Junior Member
    Glucosamine meant for joints. Its over the counter... but doubt it woukd do squat for that type of injury... u should see if ur doc will give anything or recommend

Glucosamine, MSN, fish oil and always to remember to take Vic C since it helps all the other absorb and work properly.

Ten fo, thank you much buddy

Alrighty. Appriciate it buddy

Almost forgot, supper Cissus is also supposed to be good.

Thing about Tendons and Ligaments is that they take a lot longer then muscles to heal. They are not full of blood like muscles so it takes time for nutrients to get in/out of those tissues. It takes years for tendons to get stronger. I have bumm knees and joints so I take low doses of steroids to moisturize the collagen. It's different from strengthening the connecting tissues. You need to give yourself time for your tendons to heal and you need to strengthen them gradually. It just takes time. Be patient.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I highly recommend Cissus as well for any musculoskeletal injuries.

IhaveTeenyBallz is offline New Member
    No, actually your muscles will progress more rapidly than your ligaments can support. You'll probably hurt yourself. Be mature, let your knee heal.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Look int HA Hyaluronic Acid injections . LOTS of people have had good results especially with the knees.
    Mate,

Every year, I go in for my HA knee injections. Plus i take 5 grams of MSM daily.

Don't care what anyone says, for me, squats and deads are horrible for my knees. Went to inshape two months ago, went to do a squat with a real light weight (100lbs). did about two sets, and uh-oh. It's been three weeks since my knee surgery. Recovering great. But the squat was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

boxin23 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Mate,

Every year, I go in for my HA knee injections. Plus i take 5 grams of MSM daily.

Don't care what anyone says, for me, squats and deads are horrible for my knees. Went to inshape two months ago, went to do a squat with a real light weight (100lbs). did about two sets, and uh-oh. It's been three weeks since my knee surgery. Recovering great. But the squat was the straw that broke the camels back for me.
    If you're an old man like me..haha...then you realize big squats and deads are a thing of the past. I just don't take the chance anymore.

darkcrayz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxin23 View Post
    If you're an old man like me..haha...then you realize big squats and deads are a thing of the past. I just don't take the chance anymore.
    there are variations of both lifts taht will allow you train those muscles but not **** up the joints.

Awesome_Archy is offline Associate Member
    Glucosamine, MSN, fish oil and always to remember to take Vic C since it helps all the other absorb and work properly.
    I prefer Flax Seed oil you get Omega3, 6 and 9 instead of just Omega 3. Plus the fish oil seems to always be there when i burp.

The Titan99 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Yes!! I have always taken glucosamine but recently started with cissus and could tell the difference immediately.

boxin23 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkcrayz View Post
    there are variations of both lifts taht will allow you train those muscles but not **** up the joints.
    yep and i do many of them....just saying i dont go for max on those lifts much at all any more. No need. I only max bench out as i am thinking of competing again in that lift.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boxin23 View Post
    I just checked.... yer still a pup

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I recommend a visit to your primary physician and a referral to an orthopedic, a professional needs to determine the extent of your injury and decide whether or not you require surgery, you could do more damage using it if it is damaged already! Dude look at George st Perri he kept training and really messed his up now hes out of the fight game for a long while.

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    just sayin

Thread Information